5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST SIMS 3 EXPANSION PACK SO FAR
This is a great new expansion pack that brings Sims to the seductive life of late night. In a way this is the The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD) version of Sims 2 nightlife expansion pack, only improved.

Published on 29 Oct 2010 by Eleni

3.0 out of 5 stars Falls over too often
Installing this expansion has upset my game launcher, disabling download manager, and the game keeps freezing. Aside from the that, it ought to be fun, but somehow it isn't. Even my teenager daughter who loves vampires is bored with it and has stopped playing (and she used to play every night). I loved the apartments in Sims 2, but this Sims 3 version is missing something.
Published on 30 Nov 2010 by Toroo

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST SIMS 3 EXPANSION PACK SO FAR, 29 Oct 2010
Eleni - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Sims 3: Late Night (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)

The game introduces a new neighbourhood, a big city, with apartments and clubs which is a big change for our Sims, from their previous carefree life with its lovely cottages, Victorian homes, gardens and parks. Sadly in order to play the game, the Sims have to move to this city and cannot just visit and then go on with their small town lives. The apartment buildings reminiscent of the Sims 2 apartment life (which I never got, so I can't compare), include elevators, penthouses, and hot tubs. Of course, all these are nice if you like downtown skyscrapers.

Also it includes some amazing new clothes and hairstyles, and a new advanced body sculpting tool. The new objects are all interesting, but personally I loved the new instruments like the drums and the much missed piano from the Sims 2, which is a good addition as the option of one electric guitar for the artistic Sims was sad. Also there are some new building tools like the option to build pools on the roof, circular pools, and the again much missed half walls tool from the Sims 2.

There are also new trait options for Sims and new skills to learn like mixing drinks at the bars. Also there are new careers in the film industry like actor and director, which can make Sims celebrities and have paparazzi stalking them, this seems vary annoying though, but it does grant access to the new hot bars in town. Sims can also join music bands.

The main addition however are the fantastic vampires, they are the Sim version of something between Anne Rice and True Blood. Sadly they are not immortal (I think they actually live longer then normal Sims though!), garlic does not kill them and they don't get burned by the sun. Like most vampires, they can read and manipulate minds, move faster then normal Sims, learn faster during the night and are paler with fangs, tattoo marks and haunting eyes. Ordinary 'mortal' Sims can ask a vampire friend to turn them, which is quite easy to do. They can also have vampire children and live relatively 'normal' Sim lives.

The game was easy to install to my pc, and I haven't noticed any problems to my gameplay so far, but as I have only played for a few hours, time will tell. Obviously I am expecting problems as with all new expansions but I am confident that they will be corrected through patches as they always are.

In total, a highly anticipated expansion pack which didn't disappoint me at all. Also, as the Sims take a darker turn, with ghosts and vampires walking around the neighbourhood, the release date for this expansion was excellently planed; just in time for Halloween. Spooky!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Sims 3 EP so far, 3 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Sims 3: Late Night (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Finally, an extension pack has come out for The Sims 3 franchise that is top notch. The pack combines ideas from four previous Sims EPs, which are University, Superstar, Apartment Life and Nightlife. It throws in plenty of new features and angles too.

The first addition is that of celebrities, where you can live the charmed life and all of its perks. The next is vampires, just like in The Sims 2 Nightlife. The difference this time is they don't die so quickly whilst in the sunlight, which makes them more playable. The next is more musical instruments such as the piano and keyboards, allowing your Sims to form bands. There are plenty of nightclubs to visit, and some new skills to learn such as mixology.

The most striking thing is that there is the addition of lots of new items in buy mode. In fact, I am surprised by just how much there is. World Adventures and Ambitions lacked such items, and for me, that weakened them. There are lots of new additions to build mode too, with some new tools such as rounded pools, fountains, half walls and elevators.

The only annoying thing is that of the nightclubs which close in the mid morning. So you send your sim to the club, and by the time they get up in the elevators and get admitted the time has ticked away so much they're getting booted out at closing time. In the Sims 2 Nightlife, downtown locations pretty much stayed open 24/7. I am sure a mod will be available to fix this, and I will be checking Mod the Sims in the near future to see if there is one.

The game is very stable. This makes a change for Sims games which are notorious for bugs and crashes.

Finally, The Sims 3 is starting to feel like a real Sims game. If you have the base game and are looking for just one EP, this is definitely the one I would recommend. Well done EA, this time you really have cracked it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sims 3 Late Night is Awesome, 8 Dec 2010
This review is from: The Sims 3: Late Night (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I am obessed with the Sims 3. I am loving this new expansion pack with all the extra features including a new map with flats and elevators!!!
Definte buy as there are so many bonus things to do including playing your own instrument in a band, becoming a vampire and skinny dipping. Hahaha... There are strobe light and party confetti machines as well to totally get your Sims in the parting mood.
I was annoyed before when you would dissapear inside a building, but these clubs and bars you see all the fun thats going on inside. I really hope you enjoy this game as much as I do and well worth the money in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun and unique, 29 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Sims 3: Late Night (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Late Night is a very fun expansion pack, it adds a lot of new features to the game that'll keep you entertained for quite a while.

The new world Bridgeport is awesome, the Sims 3 was in need of a large city world. The night clubs and dance clubs make the nightlife very exciting, I like how Sims often go there on their own, so you never know who you'll run into in them. It bugs me that there's certain hotspots every night though, so if you go to the wrong club you'll find nobody there at all. You can find out where the hotspots are by reading a newspaper, but it's probably not worth it, because you'd have to read the newspaper every day, and you don't always have time for that.

Also, if you like creating big houses with huge gardens and tons of bedrooms, Bridgeport isn't the place for you. It's not a family friendly place, there's barely room for anything other than high-rise apartments, which are difficult to fit more than three people into. There's a section of the city across from the bridge which is more residential, but it's very mountainous and it's hard to fit any empty lots there. I personally prefer the apartments to houses, however, seeing as I rarely create gardens or huge houses, so I don't have a problem with this.

I like that vampires were re-introduced in this expansion pack, they're a bit different to the Sims 2 vampires though. They can't die from being in the sun anymore, but they do get a negative moodlet from being in the sun for too long, which causes their needs to decay really quickly. I had one vampire Sim die when he had his moodlet, he went to sleep and then died of starvation in his sleep - the hunger bar (or thirst, as it's called for vampires) decayed too fast for him to sleep long enough without dying. But seeing as Bridgeport is very much a nightlife place, you won't have too much of a problem keeping them out of the sun. They get a lot of benefits at night, like being able to read minds and increased skill gain. I was able to make my vampire Sim master the guitar skill in a matter of minutes, by making her drink a skill drink (drinks are another new feature) and then getting her to play the guitar at night.

There's also a new skill called Mixology, it's a good skill to have to earn some money by moonlighting at a bar. Eventually you'll be able to mix really cool drinks, I found one that changes a Sim's traits momentarily, and it made them go crazy at a party.

All in all it's a great expansion pack, it has a few annoying flaws, but you'll enjoy it more depending on how you prefer to play. If you like playing mainly with adults and don't build large family homes, you'll really enjoy it, otherwise you're better off with an expansion pack like Generations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the best expansion ever, 31 Oct 2010
Mr. S. Fenton - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3: Late Night (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I got this game yesterday and it's the best Sims 3 expansion. Love the vampires the most, they burn slightly in the sun but don't die, can run extra fast, make sims think about them and also read their minds. The blood drinking is better than the sims 2 nightlife. The second best thing is the new city, it has skyscrapers and apartments. It's a mix of sims 2 nightlife and sims 2 apartments. So all together I give it 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a quick correction, 11 Dec 2010
B. Clark (UK) - See all my reviews
Hi All,

I absolutely love this game but there are one or two bugs with the home help (butlers and maids.)My butler just keeps going up to the nearby beauty spot and just sits there and reads a book. What is most annoying is that I still get charged $1200 a week for his services which is a pain. The maid service is also flawed as sometimes I cannot see them on my screen but their car is outside. Nothing seems to get done in the house but again I still get charged for their services! So as a result I get my Sims to do all the housework and leave out the bugged hired help!

There is one point I have to make. One reviewer stated that vampires are not affected by the sun! Well I can assure you that they are. After prolonged sun exposure the vampire starts to burn. You can see smoke coming from them! I was busy doing something else in another part of town and one of my Sim vampires was spending too long in the hot tub which was outside the house. Later that night the grim reaper showed up and that vampire died. It would appear that it was from too much sun exposure, so all beware!

Apart from one of two bugs the game is fascinating. Hopefully these problems will be addressed when new patches come out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Expansion Pack :), 20 Aug 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Sims 3: Late Night (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I bought this game for my teenage daughter and according to her this game is certainly worth buying. This expansion includes a WHOLE NEW TOWN. Lots of Buy/Build Objects and Clothes and Hair in create-a-sim. It also comes with fantastic new game play [including the ALL new instruments which allow to form a band and jam at bars, lounges etc], plus community lots. Also includes 2 new traits, 5 new lifetime wishes, 3 new careers to master as well as for the first time High-Rise Buildings which work out much easier to buy for first time families/single sims. So my daughter [who is an AVID sims3 fan] would strongly suggest you go buy this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun expansion pack!, 4 Sep 2011
Mehmed Veli (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3: Late Night (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Late Night is the second (I think) expansion pack in the Sims 3 series.It comes with a new world,Bridgeport-the graphics are simply stunning!Now your Adult and Young Adult Sims can go clubbing!It is a lot of fun,oh,and there are-wait for it-Vampires! :)
I love this expansion pack!The only problems are:
1.The lots are always empty,apart from the bartender,you and another Sim.
2.The people in Sunset Valley can't experience the club life.You'll have to create some clubs yourself or go to the library to place them in the neighbourhood/world.

Overall,it's a very fun game!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it. (:, 21 April 2011
L. Carter - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3: Late Night (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I have only The Sims 3, The Sims 3 Design and High-Tech stuff, and all the Sims 2 things. I was excited about getting my first Sims 3 expansion pack, and I was right to be excited! I'll list all the features I can think of.

* There is a new town/city, which is about the same size as the first one, but has skyscrapers which are cheap and easy(:

* There are a fantastic new range of clothes, especially for women! Lots of glitzy things, which is great.

* New hairstyles, which I love, although not that many.

* Lots of new stylish furniture.

* Elevators and musical instruments

* You can self-employ as a band! If you have a music skill, be it piano, drums, bass or guitar, you can ask another sim to form a band, name it, practise, perform at gigs and earn money! This can be your job career if you go to City Hall and register your band.

* Your sim can become a celebrity! You become a celebrity by socialising with other celebrities. Some celebs are bigger than others - it works on a five-star rating - and your sim can slowly climb the road to fame to become an A-list celeb! You need to visit hotspots by reading your newspaper to find out where they are and then visiting them at night. Some areas are for celebs only, but its super easy to sneak past the bouncer and get in, and if you get caught later, nothing happens. Simple.

* Vampires. These are absolutely brilliant. I turned my sim into a vampire by going out with one and asking him to turn me. You can just be friends with one for them to bite you, but I like having them leave the mark on your neck (if they love you they bite your neck; if not, they bite your arm.) My sim then spent her nights going out and having people fall in love with her, before drinking and turning them. Soon I had a town full of vampires, all in love with me. Weird, but fun. The new aspiration points reward of Master Romancer means no-one ever turns down you romantic advances, even if they hate you. Makes it easy as pie.

* Mixology is a new skill, where you learn to mix drinks. I like having lots of skills, but this one seemed pointless. I never got orders, even after mastering the skill, and when I did it was lousy pay. I gave up.

* Skinny Dipping! So funny :D

Can't be bothered writing any more, but hope this gave you some more info on the game(: Oh, and I haven't had any slight problem with the game working, after owning it for nearly a month.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!!!, 14 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Sims 3: Late Night (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Best sims 3 expansion so far!!!
vampires celebs and also clubs and apartments, what more could we all ask for!?
it took me about 20-25mins to install and all the patches as well.
A couple of bugs though I have to tell the truth, we now have a slight bump missing in our babies heads -.-" but that's nothing to worry about. unless you take lots of 'c' captions/screen shots/photos.
although some of the apartments are a little bit small. I cope, is just move some people out of theirs really.
But don't let me put you off! I bought mine off game station, I know their a rip off - but I paid about 30-35 for mine. and havnt stopped playing it since I got it in september'10. (September or November, or October. not sure)
but I highly recommend you to buy this product!! :)

ARRAY(0xb596b2e8)

The Sims 3: Late Night (PC/Mac DVD)
The Sims 3: Late Night (PC/Mac DVD) by Electronic Arts (Mac OS X, Windows Vista / XP)
16.30