Style Name: Snack Plates|Change

on 5 September 2013
I was in two minds about buying these, however, I couldn't reconcile the adverse comments to the comments about the manufacturers' bowls, of simila specification

We are glad I went with this product.

Having bought a dozen plates, they arrived in time for a garden picnic for my tribe. The usage was pretty extreme and they all survived with flying colours. They have been run through the Dishwasher and Microwave several times (on reheat) with absolutely no problem.

The coulours co-ordinate well with their other products and lables are easy to remove.

The finish is now between gloss and satin, an admirable compromise. Resistance to knives looks good. Popular with kids and adults for everyday use.

UPDATE

Having used this product on a daily basis for several months, I have to say it is extremely good. After so much daily use and abuse, defects in the finish should become apparent, yet they look as good as when they were taken from the wrapper.

A bonus, which has made them opular with the working adults in this household is that they do not need preheating to take hot food, which is a boon for busy people with little spare time.
on 18 February 2011
These plates are lovely, they are high gloss and do not really scratch much with high use. However they do shatter!
Clearly you do not expect melamine to last chucking across a garden, but I do expect it to last washing up!
Buy for a one off event for looks, but not for long term use.
on 13 August 2014
I bought these for when we go out for the day as hate leaving crumbs in the car. They are nice and light in weight but sturdy and match the tumblers I bought of the same make from another provider. Yes, very happy with my purchase although have not used them yet.
on 26 May 2016
Good quality plates... not flimsy like some I have seen!! Would recommend.
on 5 March 2016
These were not adequately packaged and 3 out of the four plates arrived broken. Unfortunately my printer has not been working and amazon doesnt provide a returns label so I couldnt send it back within the deadline so have 3 unusable plates at a pretty hefty price for plastic plates. Would not recommend
on 14 October 2014
They shatter. I think another reviewer mentioned this too. Mine were already broken in transit, so had to send back the entire set, as I needed them for a party. I think the fact they shatter is a bit of a design floor, as the whole point is a plate that can be used in an environment where it is likely to be dropped i.e. outside or for children. On a positive note, if you are planning use elsewhere, they are great colours and good looking plates. So really it depends on what your use is as to whether you are happy to purchase knowing that they are not shatter proof.
on 16 December 2012
I bought the plates for my growing children, who are inbetween baby-plates and grown-up plates and these were the best i have found. Unfortunately we now only have three as the large peppermill that we have dropped and hit the purple plate breaking it in half. So other than that we are happy with our purchase and still have three remaining in action. Thank you.
on 12 July 2013
Great size for snacks or small meals and my kids love the colours. They are also durable and wash well in the dish washer.
on 6 February 2016
So "virtually unbreakable" they arrived in several pieces having been left to clatter around in a box with no packing..... cheap and nasty, thin and flimsy. Not like the Melamine of old.
on 20 April 2014
These are fine but get a bit warped with use, presumably from the dishwasher. They are slightly bigger than most kids plates.