on 28 December 2011
Waterproof Poncho - The best thing since sliced bread!!
How to keep dry while walking the dog through hail, rain or snow.
You couldn't have a better garment.
on 22 January 2012
This is brilliant. I am a v. large lady who uses a mobility scooter and this is just perfect to keep in the buggy basket for when it rains. I then can quickly put it on and it keep me ( including my legs) nice and dry and part of my scooter as well. Wish I'd had one years ago. Can usefuly double up as groundsheet if needed.
on 22 November 2011
This is more than just a poncho. It can be used as a 1.40 x 2.15 metre groundsheet when the fastening studs on the sides are undone. It has light ropes attached to the four corners and the middle of the long sides so that it could be attached to trees/bushes etc. to form an overhead shelter (a longer rope is attached in the centre that can be used to raise the "roof").
When the studs are fastened it is a large and well-ventilated poncho hanging about 1 metre from the shoulders. The width of 1.40 metres allows it to stretch almost as far as your elbows on both sides. If the top stud is undone, you can put your arms through the short "sleeves". It is lightweight and comfortable to wear.
The only downsides discovered so far: when walking up a steep hill it is easy to stand on the bottom of the poncho or the attached rope, and the hood is so generously dimensioned that it tends to fall over your eyes (rolling the front of the hood back does help).
First impression is very positive, looking forward to trying it out in the rainforest.
on 26 September 2013
This poncho is very good, doing the job and being suitable both for me (6'3") and my wonderful girlfriend (5' 1"). It is medium duty, so will last several years of walking; not ripping easily. I am an experienced long distance walker and find it fits over my large backpack and me admirably. As with all ponchos for walking, you should refine the poncho by adding a toggle to the neck opening, sew up most of the two sides to prevent wind separating them, and sew a cord with toggle to each newly created arm hole so that most of the arms are fully covered. My girlfriend is now happy to walk in the rain thanks to this garment. Note also that a baseball cap worn under the hood really improves the shelter from the rain on your face.
on 23 September 2011
This item has been a god send with the recent weather. I bought for when i'm fishing and it does what it claims to. Would highly recommend it.
on 21 September 2012
I bought this for a festival and was lucky enough not to have to use it very much. I am over 6 ft and this poncho came down to about my knees. It was very versatile and used it as a ground sheet to sit on as well as a cover for other things. It was quick to put on when it did start raining and was quite easy to put on even when stood in a crowd. It has the added bonus that it also covers your bag when you wear it so everything stays dry.

The only downsides to it were that on the front centre part of the poncho there is a small seam for a loop hole on the inside of the poncho to attach some string to for a canopy. During quite a heavy shower the rain did soak through this seam. so i had a small damp patch from it. the rest of the poncho is very waterproof however and i have since sprayed some waterproofing spray on this patch in an attempt to stop this happening again.

Only other improvement i would recommend is to put a hood adjuster on the back of the hood so that the hood fits around the head better and isnt too big.

definitely worth buying though. very pleased with it and hope to get lots more use out of it.
on 30 May 2014
Bought to use as rain cover/groundsheet/hide when shooting. The nylon is strong enough for what I need it for,being of better quality than others sold on this site. Not as strong looking as a army issue,but very close to it. Would of been nice if the bag it fits into had a belt loop because its slightly to big to fit into a shooting jacket pocket!. I remember using a poncho roll on my webbing many years ago,but sadly very outdated now.Used with bungees and pegs this should cover all uses I have for it. The best poncho on Amazon at a very good price. Don't get ripped off with other plastic ponchos at this price,,buy this one...
on 7 July 2012
The product as as advertised and I have worn it in very heavy rain on a couple of occasions and it remains waterproof. I was a little concerned it might not fit me as I'm 6ft 2in and a 50inch chest, but it fits me fine.
on 7 May 2016
I've had this for a couple of months now. Originally I bought it as an emergency trekking waterproof and something to throw over me and rucksack if caught out, or whilst setting up tent or tarp and hammock in the rain. It's not that light, but it is good and strong. I let the kids play with it and I rig it up as a basha shelter in the garden for them to play in, and it's always in my day bag on a weekend for picnic blanket sort of sit on in the park or huddle under if sudden shower, and it's superb for that. Also good for a bit of a groundsheet if bivvying under tarp. I wasn't sure at first but it's turning out to be a great buy, loads of uses, good strong kit. Missus and mates laughed at me the first few times I pulled it out, but now they all love it and it gets a cheer when I casually whip the poncho out to sit on when the kids are running around, or like the other day when we were at an arranged outdoors thing and we quickly whipped it out and held it over us when there was a crazy 2 minute downpour. Very flexible. I just fold it a couple of times and shove it all inside it's own hood, and it goes in my day bag weekends, or else if out for a bit of a wild camp it goes in the side pocket on my bigger pack.
on 26 March 2015
First, delivery time was excellent, the item arrived on the earliest day stated.

Second, build quality was perfect. The press stud fasteners had a nice, tight snap to them, and remained in place throughout use. I used the item on the day it arrived for a walk around the local nature reserve in light to medium showers and the poncho kept me dry over a 3 hour period, no complaints about it's ability to keep me dry other than the fact that water dripped off it and straight down my Wellington Boots, but I have elasticated gaiters that I failed to take with me which negates that problem. The poncho is thicker than I expected but not a problem. It definitely kept me warm during use, even when I was facing into the driving rain. I'm 6 feet 2 inches tall, and weigh 17.5 stones, but this item fitted perfectly, with the minor exception of the hood which I had to either roll back a bit; or a better remedy was wearing a peaked baseball cap under the hood.

When unfurled as a tarp / basha, I recognised that it would require some extra tie loops to make sure it could be used as an emergency shelter if needed. Therefore, I have modded the poncho by adding several ballistic nylon loops down all four sides of the poncho, in addition to the eyelets already on the product, to enable me to make a secure and safe emergency shelter. They are easy to fold inside the poncho when it's worn as such and aren't visible on the press stud sides because of this. As for the bottom, I managed to get some ballistic nylon that is more or less the same colour as the poncho, and as they are only small loops for use as guy line anchors, you'd have to look really hard from more than 10 feet or so to see them when I'm wearing the poncho.

In Summary, an excellent piece of kit from a first class seller. With a minor mod I have raised the number of uses for the poncho, which is a bonus for me. I can't fault the company or the product in any way, hence 5 stars and keep up the good work.

As a P.S. I was wondering if the product came in MTP cammo or M/84 (Denmark) cammo ?