5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book so much I had to PERFORM it...
After stealing a well-worn and extremely thumbed copy of this book from my sister, I loved it so much that I just had to talk my drama group into putting on a production of "God".
Published on 2 May 1998

1.0 out of 5 stars ...or finesse either
Important to say from the start that I'm a big fan of Woody Allen's films, right up to the present day.
Published on 26 Jan. 2011 by Dash Riprock

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book so much I had to PERFORM it..., 2 May 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical Allen genius......, 6 Mar. 1998
By A Customer
Woody is at it again. This book is great comedy in Allen's usual, older style. After reading it, I FORCED friends to read it so I would have someone to discuss it with. I often read while riding the metro, and often had spectators by the end of a ride, while reading this book. They were wondering why I was laughing out loud. I am buying Allen's other books immediately...

5.0 out of 5 stars Lot of laughs, 17 April 1998
By A Customer
If you enjoy Allen's early movies, you must read this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Ruined This Book, 17 April 1997
By A Customer
I love books, and I try my best to take care of them, but I failed miserably with my copy of "Without Feathers". Woody Allen's short masterpiece was so sadistically funny that I couldn't control my bodily functions... initial chortles soon gave way to sprays of guffawing spitall and drenching tears of laughter. By the time I'd finished, the paperback was reduced to a soaking mess of sidesplitting slobber.

It's the kind of book that, years later, you suddenly remember a particularly poignant passage, and you erupt into uncontrollable giggles, much to the bemusement of those around you.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Thing I Can't Do in Bed, 13 July 1999
By A Customer
There are a few things my wife allows me to do in bed, but reading Woody Allens' books is not one of them. She can't sleep. The bed shakes too much when I laugh, and I can only stifle myself for so long before I have to get up. Honest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest Book You'll Ever Read, 4 Mar. 1998
By A Customer
Without Feathers is one of the funniest books you'll ever read. Ever wonder who the whores of Mensa might be? Find out here!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 26 Aug. 2009
This book is hilarious. If you like Woody Allen's humour I would highly recommend it. It's totally ridiculous, but brilliant at the same time -- which sums up Woody Allen as a comedian. This is a book to make you laugh out loud. It's a collection of short essays, short plays and other strange observations. I was lucky enough to find it outside someone's house in a box of books they were throwing away. It's quite an old book, written back in the '70s, so some of the references are out of date, but I think it has aged well and is still relevant today. If you want a giggle you should pick up this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars ...or finesse either, 26 Jan. 2011
This, however, is not one of his finest moments, on celluloid or in print. I found it to be a grind of uninspired scenarios and laboured set ups to not-so-very-great punchlines - peppered with impenetrable US-based references and in jokes (and technically I know I can't complain about that, given the market Woody was originally aiming at). I bought this edition as holiday reading, and frankly it left me slumbering on the sunbed. If you're looking for laugh out loud American humour, look no further than the bold PJ O'Rourke...

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR ME, 8 Nov. 2013
Difficult to appreciate humour. Thought that it was rather immature. Never been a great Woody Allen fan but had heard that it was very funny. Unfortunately, not for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Monty Python in New Yorkish and with a point, 2 Jan. 2000
By A Customer
Even for people who do not like Woody Allen's films, his satiric books must give a great laugh!
This man is so intelligent that he allows himself to un-taboo'ize just about everything. He makes fun of religion without being blasphemic, about stereotypes without being prejudicial, and so on.
This is the most sophisticated fun any American has ever come up with!