5.0 out of 5 stars Very heavy duty
Published on 18 Nov 2010 by vocalist

2.0 out of 5 stars d-
Can only give 3 stars because there is no instructions whatsoever, Alphaline were too rude to reply to my message, and there is markings on top that give the appearance that they are to change colour when the power is low but they do absolutely nothing.
Published 20 months ago by Arnold

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very heavy duty, 18 Nov 2010
This review is from: Leisure Battery 125ah Heavy Duty
I purchased this leisure battery to go in my camper van and it arrived quickly and well packed. This is a heavy item which is meant to be used for campers and caravans and NOT for use as a car battery. I have not had the opportunity to use this much yet and it has only been briefly tested with the inverter so unable to comment on it's lifespan for use but it came charged and works. I will post another review at a later date when it has had a thorough work out!

Update 16 Feb 2011
The Leisure Battery 125ah Heavy Duty has been installed into my camper van connected to the water pump and a POWER INVERTER 500W (1000W peak) DC TO AC 12V to 240V. It is also connected to the vehicle's engine / battery which trickle charges the leisure battery whilst on the move. On a recent short trip the battery happily powered my custom made heavy on the power 17" laptop (NOT the small notebook type) using a Kensington Power Adapter for several hours, charged up my mobile phone and in the morning coped with heavy use of my hair dryer without showing a hint of running down. I do not have a tester to check how much of the battery is being used but took the precaution of getting a solar powered trickle charger to save running the engine if the battery gets low when camping.

If, like me, you had never heard of a Leisure Battery before, whilst it looks exactly like a car battery and has the same/similar fittings, it is NOT the same. A search of the internet will provide a much better description and tech specs but in essence, this type of battery is specifically designed for use with boating and camping, therefore can be drained and recharged to a greater extent than a standard 12v automotive battery.

One thing to consider when purchasing such a large battery is the installation. I was disappointed to see that whilst there are several battery boxes on the market, none were large enough for the 125ah so a custom holder was made to keep it in place.

So far I am really pleased with the battery and think it will cope pretty well with the intended usage and will post a further update at the end of the year when I hope to have spent many hours pottering about in the van!

Please note that I did NOT fit the battery/inverter/trickle charge system which was done by a qualified mechanic and electrician so any reference to the installation is from a laymans view of how I understand it to work and probably not technically correct or using the right terminology so please excuse any inaccuracy.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Capacity Leisure Battery, 26 July 2012
This review is from: Leisure Battery 125ah Heavy Duty
Ordered this to replace our ageing caravan battery which could not cope with our new motor mover. Placed the order on Friday afternoon and arrived pre 8 am on Monday securely packaged and ready to go. It has made the world of difference to the van, could drive it around with the mover all day now! Great service from Battery Megastore, highly recommended.
One point - its worth double checking the size of your battery compartment as this is obviously larger than standard and a tight squeeze.

5.0 out of 5 stars 125 AH Leisure battery- good long lasting charge, 3 Dec 2011
This review is from: Leisure Battery 125ah Heavy Duty
Leisure battery- good long lasting charge, I use mine a lot on the camper van- it has never got to the end of the charge- and all my van is on battery except the fridge.
Really do think I made a cracking choice with this battery...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: Leisure Battery 125ah Heavy Duty
Like others we just transferred our battery from our old caravan to our new one which had a motor mover. We were assured that our 110 ah leisure battery would be sufficient but it wasn't. It gave up after about 10 feet. After fitting this 125 ah battery there is no break in performance at all. The product arrived on time in good packaging and took five minutes to fit. The best purchase for our new van by far.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great price for a great product, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Leisure Battery 125ah Heavy Duty
A must if you camp alot without mains power, powered our tv, lights,charged phones etc for 16 days and the green indicator still showed fully charged.
A great price for a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price., 14 Dec 2012
This review is from: Leisure Battery 125ah Heavy Duty
Service and packaging both excellent. Best price I could find and it certainly looks heavy duty. Been using it for over six months now and it just does its job.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, 11 Mar 2013
M. D. Roberts (Kendal, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leisure Battery 125ah Heavy Duty
A very good and very powerful battery. Extremely good value for the price paid. perfect as the auxiliary battery on my boat.

5.0 out of 5 stars arrived fast, was best value for money after extensive research/hunting around, 12 April 2013
This review is from: Leisure Battery 125ah Heavy Duty
This is being used to supply a falcon fencer running to two 50m nets, going for a great mAh has done exactly as you would expect - last longer before needing to be recharged, so there is less down time for the fencer, less risk of fox getting in. Also, what pleased me so much having found the battery, the exact battery i wanted, for less than some less useful batteries, it arrived the next day, which was absolutely fantastic service really - coudn't ask for better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leisure Battery 125ah Heavy Duty, 3 Jun 2012
S. READ (Milton Keynes, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leisure Battery 125ah Heavy Duty
Bought this battery as we felt we needed a heavy duty one to run the new mover we have had fitted to our caravan. It is indeed working much better than the lighter one we had previously.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good!, 30 Aug 2013
J. Elliott (East Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leisure Battery 125ah Heavy Duty
Reasonably priced, ordered two for charging via a solar panel on the camper van roof. Arrived the next day after ordering, well packaged. No problems so far! Recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›