on 26 January 2011
I'm delighted with heater. Its ideal for bathroom and small room. Its supposed to be safe in bathroom, but not wise to risk wet hands on switch, so preheat room then turn it off, whilst in bath! When it gets too hot and I wish to reduce heat, the best way is to leave it on heat no 2 and reduce the left switch (kwts) as putting on the heat to no. one position (rh switch) soon leads to a contrast of hot air changing to a cold draught. I would highly recommend this product.
on 18 December 2012
I bought this to replace a 3kW Phillips heater I'd had for many years. I went with this one because of the output / name. So far I have been really pleased with my purchase. Throws out plenty of heat.
UPDATE:
I took this heater with me to work last week, as I was working in a chilly bedroom. Anyway I plugged it in and put it on the low setting, and then went off to make a cuppa whilst the room warmed up. 2 minutes later I could hear the smoke alarm going off, so rushed back to the bedroom where I found the heater aflame !!
I felt I should share this, so people can be aware of what can occur. (The heater has a safety cut out, but I don't feel it was on long enough or on a high enough setting to overheat).
I reported this problem to De'Longhi Customer Services, unfortunately their response was rather baffling. They told me that it was out of warranty (18 months old) and that it was a domestic heater and I was using it 'commercially'!!??
I have since contacted Amazon, who couldn't have been more apologetic and understanding. They have already sent me a replacement ! THANK YOU VERY MUCH AMAZON
So, I am sure you'll be happy with this heater, unless you have problems with it, and thus have to deal with De'Longhi Customer Services. They could learn a lot about what Customer Services is all about from Amazon.
I probably won't be leaving my replacement heater unattended in somebody else's house again !!!!!
on 12 February 2011
The full power is rarely used, maybe at start up if the room is very cold. Normally you only need the single heater and once set it keeps the room at a constant temperature. I usually do buy Delonghi heaters, it is fours years since the last one. I find them very reliable and this one is a very good model that works well.
on 3 July 2011
This product is great and does what it say on the box but I believe it should have a fan switch for normal and quiet mode because I really can't sleep that easily hearing the noise of the fan. The fan is very fast and it's a bit annoying. A quiet(sleeping) mode where the fan would work on low revs would have made this product complete. I give 5 stars to the quality though.
on 20 December 2012
Plenty of quick heat but very noisy. Also the thermostat lag is very wide - i.e. it switches itself off when the required temp is reached, but doesn't switch on again until the temp has dropped a long way.
on 10 January 2012
This fan heater works very well in small rooms (bedrooms and bathrooms), not so ideal for a big living room as we discovered.

The only downside is that it doesn't come with a handle so it's hard to pick it up, you have to hold it with both hands in order to pick it up.

Really easy to operate, very pleased with it otherwise.
on 10 January 2014
okay this heater sucks! it says it has a thermostat that turns the heater off when the room gets too hot then turns it back on when the temp has dropped below a certain level. yeah that's bs. the heater goes off after approx. 7 minutes, even when the room isn't hot enough! I mean it goes off even if the room is ice cold! And it never comes back on on its own. when it goes off you have to turn it off and wait for about 5 minutes then turn it back on again. and then it doesn't even heat up the room. it just blows hot air in front of its vents, but immediately you turn it off the room goes back to ice cold. this is the worst heater ever. Before I bought it I read the reviews and the only problem there seemed to be was the noise. I swear to you that's the least of its problems. complete rubbish!
on 1 April 2011
I purchased this heater during the cold spell since it was reasonably priced and appeared to do all I wanted of it, namely warm up my study. It was very efficient and easy to operate but, having installed it, two days later the weather changed for the better! Never mind, it's there for next year!Delonghi HVF3033MD Vertical Upright Fan Heater 3kw
on 15 January 2011
Everything works out fine, heats up the living room in just 5min, but the sound is hard to ignore...not something you would put on while reading.
on 28 December 2013
I've tried two of these, as the first I sent back. both keep cutting out. The obvious things such as having it not covered. With a large space behind the device and in front so that it has a lot of cold air to suck in and space for the hot air was provided. Despite this the device continues to keep overheating.

It then cuts out and you have to manually switch it off and wait for it to cool down before you can turn it on again. Leaving the device once it cuts out doesn't mean it will turn back on. If you do forget to turn it off when it cuts out it will not just turn on when you turn the knob off then on full again. Which is really annoying as you have to wait for it to turn back on again.

I'm very frustrated with this product and even though I gave it 2 attempts, as some models can be faulty. I think it's safe to say this product isn't very good. I know as a scientist I should try one more time but I just want to be warm not perform science -.-.

Looks nice, though little noisy. The first product was ok but the second one seems like the fan inside is slightly angled and makes a horrible noise.