5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for study and reference.
Published on 16 Aug 2010 by A+ killa

2.0 out of 5 stars Dated
Published on 18 Jun 2011 by COSTADELSOLBOY

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for study and reference., 16 Aug 2010
I bought this book as I'd been waiting months for the scaled-down Passport edition to be published, but it kept on being pushed back. Glad I got the full book though as I gained a deeper and greater understanding of the material. Myers really gets into the historical context and goes beyond the mere requirements of the A+ exams. This is both a blessing and a curse, depending on how you look at it, as there's alot more to study, if you choose to.

The good thing about this approach is that the book retains its usefulness as a reference. Already I've had to refer to the book when running into problems I wasn't quite sure how to solve.

This is not a brain-dump sort of text. Get this book if you really want to get a full understanding of pc repair and maintenance and are prepared to put in the time.

Also, the included CD has loads of test questions, free utilities, etc.

Well worth the money. Best and most complete A+ book on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Study Material, 8 April 2010
B. P. Benton (UK) - See all my reviews
Having purchased the past two editions; fifth and sixth respectively - I like to keep up to date; I have found the new book to follow along with the same user friendly content and explanations of everything in the book.

The book covers all exam objectives and includes a handy exam simulation too!

A must have tool for anybody looking to complete the CompTIA A+ exams - ideally before the end of 2010 as you have to renew them every three years otherwise!

5.0 out of 5 stars comptia, 10 April 2010
I was very happy with the book as im doing my exam on comptia very in to detail on the subjects would recomend to people that are studying comptia.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dated, 18 Jun 2011
This book is now out of date if you are studying for the exam. OK as a reference book but the 'powers that be' updated the syllabus in Jan 2011 to include Win7 which is not covered in this book. Only found this out as my son used this book to home study for comp tia exam, only to fail on course work not covered. In short DO NOT PURCHASE FOR COMP TIA A+ exam, as it only has 75% of course material included............

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to pass A+ you buy this book., 15 Nov 2010
I felt I had to join the love Mike Meyers club and offer praise to this book. Its concise, and well presented. I have just taken both 220-701 and 220-702 today and I'm pleased to say I passed them both. Although I did invested heavily (in time not money) in example exams that can be found online. This book was by far the main reason i passed. I am now studying for CompTIA Network+ and surprise surprise; I'm already reading Mikes book for Network+

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is great ! Ideal for those sitting the A+ exam or simply wanting to build on a hobby, 2 Oct 2010
I have only recieved this book 2 days ago and i have already read the first 5 chapters, i simply cant put the book down.

The book is great for explaning well... everything, It explains how the components work behind the scenes and how it realtes to what the users see. Also it provides more indepth information going past the A+ exam, which is ideal for those who wish to learn it as a hobby aswell as the exam. Also take note that the information that goes beyond the exam is clearly labeled and noted.

I would highly recommend this book for people sitting the A+ exam.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comptia A+ an excellent buy., 19 Nov 2010
Had been looking into studying a certificate in IT and came across this book. Though using computers for the last 25 years, this book has helped me refamiliarise myself with many forgotten techniques and formalise my knowledge. It is early days yet - but having gone through the first four chapters the book is thorough, clearly written and explains concepts very well. Great for the beginner or experienced alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Jun 2010
Mr. J. Gorman (N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This is the best technical book I've read so far. This book is brilliant for beginning techs, I am a full time student at the moment and I'm also studying for my MCSE. I hope to pass my Comptia A+ by August. MCP, MCDST.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 8 April 2010
Even though I have a relatively recent edition, I enjoyed this new one and is up to date, though just mentioning Windows 7. Still enjoying it and is recommended to anyone interested in computers, especially those like me, who are lay and interrested inl the subject

1.0 out of 5 stars My view on the CompTIA A+ from Mike Meyers, 15 Aug 2010
I am disappointed by this book as a tool for exam prep. The information is all over the place and not focussed enough in my view on the exams.

I have a lot of experience in prepping for technical exams and now wish I had bought the other book that was available.

I have found that with this book I need to cover all the chapters and so have to prep for both exams at the same time.

There is no doubt that the author is very knowledgable but I do not appreciate his writing style - feel that it lacks formality.

I still hope to pass these exams despite this but if my company wants to buy more books I will definitely not be suggesting they take this one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›