5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds of the Summer
Published on 11 Aug 2010 by Rat Fink

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice idea, but...
I'd heard that the second in this series was a disappointment after the first, which I love,but this one sounded interesting.It's great that it is benefitting a charity,but really none of it stood out for me.
Published on 21 July 2011 by Mrs. C. A. Gilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds of the Summer, 11 Aug 2010
This review is from: Revival (Audio CD)
I've been tapping my feet to 'Revival' for a few days now and having bought the previous two albums by Rhythms Del Mundo, this one more than lives up to my expectations. My favourite track is the reworking of 'Stayin' Alive' by the BeeGees, featuring Wyclef Jean - it's just so catchy! Dizzee Rascal's 'Holiday' also gets my vote: in fact I like it more than the original! For those of you who haven't bough an RDM album before, you'll find it's a collection of great songs given an Afro-cuban twist by the Rhythms Del Mundo band who are experts in hot salsa-rhythms and have a great horn section too. This album will make you want to dance in the summer sunshine with a mojito! What could be better - oh, and I forgot to mention, proceeds from the sale of this album go to help people all over the world who are struggling to survive after this year's earthquakes. So you can treat yourself and help a good cause at the same time. Now that's my kinda music.

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice idea, but..., 21 July 2011
Mrs. C. A. Gilson "gingergirl" (Peterborough Cambs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revival (Audio CD)

Revival