2,127 Reviews
 (1,487)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value memory
Before getting to the actual memory card, I'd first like to mention two things I like:

1. It comes with the MicroSD adapter - something I find very useful.
Published on 4 April 2010 by GizmoGeek

1.0 out of 5 stars Wondering if this is original product...
I stopped working after just 3 months.. i lost all my files. None of the SD cards ever bought have failed like this! definitely a rubbish product!
Published 12 months ago by mercedes penaloza

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value memory, 4 April 2010
GizmoGeek (Hounslow, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

1. It comes with the MicroSD adapter - something I find very useful.
MicroSD is almost *the* standard for mobile phones (with even stubborn manufacturers like Sony Ericsson slowly ditching their proprietary formats in favor of this) but the problem is, a lot of larger products (like cameras and laptops for instance) take only the standard SD card.
Here, it is advantageous to have the adapter because all you have to do is plug the card in your adapter and you're ready to transfer your pix/files from your phone to your laptop and vice versa.

2. The packaging won't injure you.
Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of those horrible plastic-clamshell packaging which takes a knife and two steady hands to cut open; fortunately, this card ships in a neat cardboard cover which surrounds a re-sealable plastic 'case' that can also double as a storage case in case you need it (although wasn't probably intended for that purpose).

Getting to the actual card, I found the card reasonably fast with okay read and write speeds; this is most likely attributed to the "Class 4" speeds it carries, but to be honest I'm not too sure what that means for the average joe (who's probably only going to use this on their phone or whatever)

The only (small) complaint I have is that its a tad bit difficult to pull the memory card out of the adapter, but then that's hardly a complaint considering the performance and the price, so I gladly give this five stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars How to check its a genuine card, 21 Jan 2013
Charles (Europe) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
There are far too many fakes about and its essential you test your card on receipt, some fakes will pass some of the test programmes, so test with ChkFlsh, Crystal Disk Mark & especially H2testW. H2testW tests the full capacity of the card, so will catch any using aliasing to fake larger than real capacity. A card with full capacity but high error rate/slow write speed indicates a 'ghost run' fake.

I`ve added images to the product gallery to assist in visually identifying genuine & fake cards.

Good results:
A 32GB card should have a formatted capacity of around 30GB, format in FAT/FAT32 only (NTFS shortens life of flash media & wont improve performance)
A class 4 card must have a write speed of 4MB/s minimum (large files) the first result in Crystal Disk Mark should indicate that.
Read speeds should be over 12MB/s.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this over the SanDisk, 26 Oct 2009
N. Ryall - See all my reviews
I bought three SanDisk equivalents and then bought three of these. Don't bother with SanDisk, these are twice the speed for the same money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wondering if this is original product..., 8 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Micro-SD for Android phone, 1 Feb 2011
I. MacKay (Cyprus) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 16GB Memory Card (Personal Computers)
I bought this for my Orange San Francisco smart phone, having read several reports of problems with different makes of micro-SD card. This worked exactly as designed and has given no problems in the month it has been installed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great if you buy it from Amazon..., 26 Jan 2012
A. Temneanu (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
It's a Class 4 product went over 4MB/s while copying from my old 8GB card, has 29.8GB free when formatted with the official(from the company that made the standard) SD formatter from [...]
If you want the official one buy it from Amazon... especially with so many poor reviews which all use a different seller. Happy with my purchase so far ;)

1.0 out of 5 stars Said 32 GB but 8GB. docs copied not there. Card a dud doesn't work, 1 April 2011
I am not rating the seller, only this product. You really do need to test the product soon after buying it. I kept this product unopened as it was to form part of a present (an advent vega tablet which sold out before I could get one), so it was 3 months before I then opened the package and copied a few photos to it. Then kept it to one side until I copied some more this weekend. when I wanted to see what was on the card, there was nothing and in fact it said it needed formatting, which, after several times trying, I decided I could replace the photos anyway and eventually tried to do. The window popped up which said it was 8GB and not 32GB and then said it could not be formatted either. In properties it had 0 bytes used 0bytes free so it was a ~Dud~ and probably a fake. So - check it by copying some files across and see if it works, and check capacity is what it says it is!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 19 Sep 2009
Skscrowther (uk) - See all my reviews
I bought this SD card for my phone as it has very little memory. This card has enabled me to download an enormous amount of music to listen to on the go. well worth the money :)

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work. loses data., 6 Jan 2012
Using this product with an android phone. Copying files (music/ photo) from pc over to the memory card appears to work fine, until you look on the phone to find that 80% of the files haven't copied after all. Frustrating after the 1st time; infuriating after the 2nd; $^&^&!&" after the 3rd, particularly when, by that stage, you've resorted to copying small batches of files at a time, rather than copying them all in one batch.... plugging the card directly into the pc (rather than copying to it whilst in situ in the phone) makes no difference, i.e. it's the card, not the phone. Also doesn't accept file downloads over wifi/ 3G/4G, so podcasts, email attachments don't run. reformatted the card, started from scratch; same problems. have had kingston SD (not micro SD) cards before, with no problems. Didn't believe that this kind of device could be defective. Hope i've just been unlucky, but with no response from the marketplace seller, i'm unable to say whether replacement one has the same problem. Still, at least it fits...

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product and value, 1 Dec 2010
Cautious to find the fastest, biggest microSD for reasonable money, this Class 4 Kingston chip is brilliant value for money and works superbly in my HTC Desire. Adapter was sent for the larger format SD also which was a bonus. And still not seen anything for better value since!

ARRAY(0xb1dc26fc)