Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 October 2010
Midnite Dynamo's is a more slick, commercial album than their previous self titled album. The singles that they released from the album, 'When you ask about Love' and 'Midnite Dynamo's' were definately for the more 'bubblegum rock n roll' orientated fans. Nice to see some of the B Sides from the singles added to the CD. I purchased the cd for a nostalgia trip as i owned the original album back in 1981, but i must admit that i still prefer their previous release 'Matchbox'.

If you prefer the (less commercial) 50s style rockbilly Matchbox, then i would think twice about buying this one - don't get me wrong there are a couple of reasonably half decent tunes on this cd, namely 'Sixteen Chicks' and 'Back Row Romeo' but they are few and far between.
on 11 June 2012
I first bought this album on vinyl way back in 1981,it is still as catchy as ever. To me every track could have been a chart success. I really like Stranger In Nevada {you can imagine the atmosphere} also Southern Boys,Jelly Roll,Back Here In Boston. The extra tracks enhance this cd. I wore out the original looks like I will do the same with the cd. Matchbox {I think} are still going strong.
on 22 June 2014
Matchbox's follow up to their first Magnet self named album. More mainstream than previously and containing their highest charting single "When You Ask About Love". Some great Steve Bloomfield originals like the title track, plus "Checking Out", "Sweet Lolita" and "Stranger In Nevada" (a surprise instrumental). Gordon Scott's version of "Marie Marie" is far superior to the hit version by Shakin' Stevens and Graham Fenton's vocals on the other tracks, such as "C'mon Let's Go", "Southern Boys" and "Sixteen Chicks" are superb! Get your copy now!
on 9 January 2011
Maybe not as good as their previous albums, but still a very good rockin' album. A bit more commercial and slicker sound. Great originals and good covers. Excellent vocals by Graham Fenton. Essential 70's British rockabilly revival along with Crazy Cavan, Whirlwind, Flying Saucers and The Riot Rockers.
on 5 November 2010
Poppier than totally authentic rockabilly but infernally catchy and danceable, this was long overdue on CD. I cherished my vinyl copy ever since the eighties. If you even remotely interested in this kind of music or half remember one of the hits, you are in for a treat. Rare extra tracks too.
on 7 January 2013
this replaced the vinyl version I had in 1980, & was unavailable on CD for some considerable time I do believe
on 22 February 2016
Amazing English Rockabilly album from my childhood days. I spent many many happy hours playing along to the vinyl version and wore it out... hopefully the CD will last longer! ;-)
on 9 February 2013
First time I've used any website to buy something & my 1st impression is excellent. 5 stars for a 5 star product. Delivered when promised & the CD in A1 condition.
on 28 December 2011
not as good as prevous the self titled but good and great that they been put on cd
title track best of lot plus when you ask about love
on 27 February 2014
Excellent music excellent CD delivered quickly bought to replace an LP that has dissapeared over the years since i first bought it