This is the first book that I've read by Beth Moore, but I'm now determined to buy some more of her books. This is a great book to use as part of a devotional time with God. I love books that are easy to read (I want to relax when I'm reading) but at the same time teach you something and encourage you in your relationship with God. This book does that.
The book...
Published on 8 Jan 2008 by Rachel

3.0 out of 5 stars A very individualistic book
Published on 28 Jan 2009 by farm boy

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy yet in depth read that gives more perspective on the person of John, 8 Jan 2008
The book is divided into 53 not too long chapters (so great for reading one a day) and is an exploration of the person of John, as described in the other gospels and then more in depth, through his own writing of the gospel and the three letters of John.
Beth Moore's style is relaxed and chatty and yet she's really done her research.

4.0 out of 5 stars An incredible journey with John the apostle, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Beloved Disciple (Kindle Edition)
I have enjoyed this book which opened up the life of John and his
relationship with Jesus. It helped me in my spiritual journey and I recommend it to everyone

5.0 out of 5 stars The beloved desciple, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Beloved Disciple (Kindle Edition)
Wonderful. I really enjoyed this book and encourage anyone who wwants to learn about John . Great seller, great revelation.

4.0 out of 5 stars a walk with john, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Beloved Disciple (Kindle Edition)
Getting to know John as we read what others wrote about him, and what he wrote both in his gospel and in his other writings in the NT was a wonderful journey, Culminating in the Revelation given to John from God. Highly recommended - great study.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Review, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Beloved Disciple (Kindle Edition)
It was a good book and learning about John's life. It was understandable and it was easy reading. I recommend it

3.0 out of 5 stars A very individualistic book, 28 Jan 2009
I cannot get on with this book. It is written by an Evangelical so the words of the bible are the truth and there is no margin of doubt. It is also written in 'Readers Digest' style which I find hard to read. This is not a quote but the style is; 'it was a sunny day when Andrew and John and their father Zebedee pushed their boat out to fish'. The book is also full of self disclosure by the author. All in all this mix makes the book indigestible to me. I can not recommend this as spiritual guide at all.

ARRAY(0xaa89d768)