5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!
Susan Finden's cat Casper became famous world-wide when stories of his daily jaunts on the local bus were published in the media. In this book, Susan tells Casper's story, not just his travelling ways, but also his impact on her life and the lives of other people in the local community.

Casper was a rescue cat, Susan and her husband Chris had no idea where he...
Published on 23 Oct 2010 by Lincs Reader

3.0 out of 5 stars Casper cat story
I bought this as I love cats but it wasn't as good as I expected it to be, the story became a little boring after a while as it's not just about Casper, its also about other cats less extaordinary and the owner.Can't say i went along with the 'need' to have so many cats in one house however big. I didn't do what i usually do with my books i.e. pass to a friend, i gave it...
Published 17 months ago by kaytee

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 23 Oct 2010
Lincs Reader (Lincolnshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Casper was a rescue cat, Susan and her husband Chris had no idea where he came from. They knew that he was chipped and that the Cat Shelter owners were determined that he would never go back to his original home, but they did not know the details. Susan and Chris already had cats and offered Casper a loving home. Casper was never frightened of vehicles, or the road, or people and gave Susan many worrying hours when he would disappear for hours on end, only to return unharmed to devour some of his favourite turkey roll.

Susan began to suspect that Casper was a little bit different from other cats when she came across him curled up on a chair in the local doctor's waiting room. When, a few days later, she boarded the local bus only to find Casper already on board did she begin to learn the full story of just what Casper was getting up to. And so the story unfolds.

Susan writes this story with warmth, love and humour. It is clear that all of her cats, not just Casper are very dear to here. She tells how she has always kept cats, since she was a small child and how they have helped her through many events in her life. Susan also talks about other famous wandering cats in the world and some of these stories are pretty heartbreaking.

Dotted throughout the book are chapters narrated by Casper. These are great and I especially liked Casper's advice to other cats on how to get out of the house without their 'person' noticing. He advises that they should do this whilst their person is tending to their 'head fur' or 'drawing on their face'.

Any cat lover, indeed any animal lover or person with a heart will enjoy this gorgeous book, although have a full box of tissues to hand by the end.

Casper has lots of presence on YouTube, one example is here: []

He also has a Facebook Tribute page : []

4.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming but sad tale of the commuting cat., 12 Sep 2010
Living in Plymouth & being a cat lover I just had to buy this book about our local big celebrity - Casper the commuting cat. I enjoyed reading it though of course the ending is a very sad one. It was brave of Sue Finden to undertake such a project after losing a much loved pet. The writing style is sometimes a bit rambling but it is very genuine & comes for the heart. I much enjoyed Casper's own input.

5.0 out of 5 stars For an amazing cat!, 25 Sep 2010
Ella May J. "Mickey" (Somerset, England, UK) - See all my reviews
A wonderful and amusing tale,I did't want it to end but was only saddened by the dear cats demise!
I guess it was inevetable...There is always someone out there who is not concentrating as they should be! (I would have shot him}!! Poor Casper. BUT he will be remembered for a long long time!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A CAT TO BE REMEMBERED, 29 Oct 2010
Daniela Peri (Italy) - See all my reviews
What a lovely book!
I read it while I was ill and I finished it in two days !This true story is simply and movingly told by the moggy's owner Susan, a true cat lover whom everyone can relate to.
Not only does she tell Casper's story but her other cats are portrayed in a lively way ; it also has a very British feeling and pride all around and I am sure that such a lovely story could only take place in Britain, where people are kind and considerate to animals.
There were also some lovely and funny pictures of Casper on the bus seat, with his owner, with his favourite bus driver, plus the other cats in the house!
So my advice, if you are a cat lover is :
PLAESE BUY THIS BOOK and spread this moving tale everywhere to be sure that Casper will always be remembered.

5.0 out of 5 stars he brought a smile to my bus driver face :), 27 Jun 2011
I am a bus driver in Eastbourne, and when I heard of Casper's story it brought a warm fuzzy feeling to my heart. It made me realise as a driver how much me value the quirky antics of our passengers to get us through our day, and hearing about the antics of Casper it made me jealous of all those drivers who had Casper on there bus as I would of loved them on my bus also (not sure sue would have been too happy Casper being on the number 3 bus in Eastbourne!).

Regarding the book it is a lovely read and brought plenty of tears to my eyes. It is well worth a read,and I send all my love to Sue and Chris through this time.

R.I.P Casper you still make me smile,keep the adventures up in the sky :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Casper the commuting cat, 1 Sep 2010
This book is a must for all animal lovers. The story covers casper himself, with the love and feelings of both owner and people from all over the world who could not help to have their heart strings tugged. I also found it amazing about how much love Casper generated to people of all walks of life. I would thoroughly recomment this book to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casper the cat, 18 Sep 2010
Mr. P. Williams "madreader" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed the book even though it was sad in places.The same thing happened to one of our cats,so it brought back some sad but also happy memories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving Story, 20 July 2011
This is such a heartwarming true story of a remarkable cat who commuted daily on a bus. Such an amazing cat, but what a sad ending? If you are a cat lover like me then you will love reading this book. Casper certainly stole my heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars casper, 7 Jan 2011
a beautiful true to life cat story and not just for cat lovers. what a pity that casper could not tell his own story, a good follow up would be a casper photo album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casper the Commuting Cat, 24 July 2011
I loved this book, very amusing, heart warming but also heart breaking. I would recommend this to any cat lover and non cat lover alike.