5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful
Published on 15 April 2012 by Soloman Minchin

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Solid Listen
A very reasonably priced compilation of good solid performances. Nice variation in the tracks and a particularly good flow from track to track. Some standards and a few lesser well known songs.
Published 16 months ago by AnthonyUK

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 15 April 2012
I've been abroad for a while but recently got back and picked this up. I first started going to Reading Old Soul Society nights in 1982 and whilst I never made it to Wigan (too young) I love this comp because there's an impressive number of great tracks here. Yes I was around when Frank Wilson's originally withdrawn, subsequently bootlegged, Do I Love You soundtracked a KFC ad and to be honest I was happy to hear that because such a great record got aired to millions of people at that point and I'm sure touched many. But this comp also digs much deeper and consequently there are some serious cuts here by The Dells (a Terry Callier written and produced epic no less), Eddie Holman and The Originals again bootlegged classic Suspicion. For 4 this is a great album and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, they're probably just some bitter twisted northern soul snob.

5.0 out of 5 stars He's happy!, 3 Dec 2010
This was a gift for my boyfriend who considers himself a Northern Soul guru. He thought the tracks were many of the best, listened to it on his drive home and so he's happy and at such a reasonable price-that's a bargain!

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A RESULT!, 20 Jan 2011
I saw this on Amazon's recomendations based on my purchase history, along with many other Northern Soul compilations. I could of bought the lot, but I went for this one to add to my collection based on the value it gave for my hard earned dosh! WHAT A RESULT! Apart from the obvious classics such as Tainted Love, The Night, Do I Love You and Landslide, the real gem in this compilation is the spectacular sounding Nothing But A Heartache by The Flirtations, this is worth buying just for this track alone. This gets a five from me as it is fantastic value for money. It's not only cheap, but there are load of great tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tunes !!, 28 Oct 2013
Really great tunes and at a great price !! Just started getting into Northern Soul and this is a great beginners album !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Soul memories, 27 Aug 2013
Great to go back to a time of great memories. I would recommend this to all soul lovers, past and present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Northern Soul CD, 26 Feb 2013
Many thanks.

We were all dancing to it all night long.

We had a great night.

With kind regards,

Trish

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to know more, 20 Oct 2011
This is a good compilation for those who are curious, due to the KLC use of Frank Wilson's Do I love You. Personally it would be pointless buying it myself, as I have all the tracks on other compilations, some on vinyl. the Marlena Shaw vocal of the Ramsey Lewis classic instrumental, lets Wade In the Water is a different recording to the single issued on Chess, as it is much clearer and a slower tempo. All in all though a reasonable intro to the genre

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 10 July 2014
bought for my husband great cd

5.0 out of 5 stars some classics, 5 Jun 2014
Another addition to my collection, some outstanding
classic tracks. "The Night" just gets played over & over.
A must buy for that only.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dance the night away, 25 May 2014
This is a brilliant cd. Well recorded whilst still retaining the atmosphere of the actual era. Spend many happy hours dancing round to the well known songs and also some new ones.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›