on 2 November 2011
This is a well built and designed bracket. It mounted to the wall (block) using good anchors and bolts (also comes with kit for mounting to stud wall) easily when directions followed. I have a new Samsung 40 inch LED flat-screen and it looks great mounted on this bracket. Full movement to any angle, tilt and when closed in very close to the wall, looks like the TV is hanging on the wall directly.
The company (Wall Mounted TV Brackets) answered a pre purchase query via email promptly and followed up after delivery to ensure I had received the bracket and fittings as requested. First class product (at an economy price) and first class service!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 September 2011
If you are mounting an LCD television this is the mount you need. I used this bracket to mount a 32 inch TV. The product is top quality and extremely solid. All the adjustment needed is there.

If you want to mount the TV flat on the wall, you can do it with this mount. Obviously it is also designed to swing out from the wall, giving 50cm of extension. The multiple joints mean you can position the TV exactly where you want, great for mounting in a corner as I did. Another advantage of buying this, even if you are mounting the TV flat, is that you can swing it away from the wall to easily connect all the wires.

The way the mounting plate connects to the end of the arm is excellent. Simply fit the mounting plate to the TV then hook it onto the end of the arm then secure with a locking nut. As well as tilt adjustment, there is also adjustment at the end of the arm for rotating the mounting plate so you can level the TV.

All the hardware you need, i.e. wall screws, wall plugs, spanner, and mounting screws etc are included and are high quality.

If you are looking for a TV mount, dont waste any more time. This is what you need!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 June 2012
This wall mount is very straight forward to put up. I was worried about not having the DIY skills to do the job, but I needn't have been worried. If you plan and measure carefully where you want it to go, then there is no problem. When mounted, even if you end up with it slightly tilted, you can make a small adjustment to make it straight, easily. As others have said, drill with a 10mm bit.

This update is only just over a month after I put the bracket up. I secured the bracket using the 3 bolts supplied to an exterior wall (breize blocks behind the plaster). A couple of days ago when moving my TV away from the wall, the top fixing came almost completely away from the wall and I was lucky the bracket and 42 inch LG TV mounted on the bracket, did not come completely crashing down.
QUITE SIMPLY AS I HAVE EXPERIENCED TO MY COST, DO NOT RELY ON FIXING THE BRACKET JUST USING THE 3 LARGE BOLTS SUPPLIED! I remember a few reviews where people expressed their concern at only fixing with 3 bolts. They were right to be concerned. I repeat their advice here. The bracket does have 3 available holes for bolts at the top and also the bottom. I had to put the bracket up again, but this time used all 7 holes. It was not easy to find suitable plugs and screws from hardware stores, but I found from B&Q, two packets of Nylon plug & coach screws with 5 in each packet designed for use with solid walls, did the job. This cost about £9. I reused the 3 bolts and fixed these in the same holes on the bracket as before, but for the outer two holes at the top and bottom, (4 extra holes in all), I used the B&Q plugs and coach screws. The drill diameter needed for this is 10mm. I hope this saves people from having disasters with brackets coming away from the wall and any damage to the TV as it comes crashing down.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 July 2015
I got an amazing deal on this product. So much so that I had to question its quality. However, after successfully installing it and mounting my 50" TV (Samsung H6400) I can honestly say that it's a great product at a fantastic price (at least at the price I paid).

I made the decision to buy this particular wall mount based on price and its number of positive reviews. Other models I was considering were also by Invision and similar in design. It arrived quickly and with all necessary parts and fittings.

The instructions recommend that the bracket is installed by a professional and I'd say that you should heed this advice. However I'm certainly not DIY savvy and I managed it, all be it in stages over a couple of evenings and with a certain amount of fear that I'd bodged it. Thankfully it is now installed, level and holding my 33kg TV strong.

The articulating arm features are great and it really does retract to a very low profile against the wall. However to level and position the TV screen itself you have to loosen some bolts, position and retighten, rather than just easer it into place (like some other models). The plastic cable tidies are a nice feature but just get in the way on the smaller arm. I left this one off.

Overall this is a great wall mount made from reassuringly strong materials allowing your TV to be mounted close to the wall whilst being lifted away for easy access to inputs. Just make sure you read the instructions carefully and measure everything twice!
on 19 March 2014
I bought this for my new 50" Smart tv, it looks and works perfect. I was unsure about ordering this because it was so cheap. Its as good as any on the market. It is good and strong just like the £200 ones in Pc World.
on 21 July 2014
Fantastic value! This item is exactly what we wanted and is of excellent quality.
on 8 September 2011
great. works a treat easy enough to fix to wall and the tv.would recommend it price is ok as well.used it on 46"
on 26 April 2015
Second one of these brackets I have bought. Strong and well made, you would pay £50 - £60 + for one of equivilent quality in the high street/diy store. 1st bracket has been in service for a year now, and has served us well, still as solid as the day I mounted it. Fixings are substantial, if you use the supplied coach bolts and wall plugs you will need a 10mm masonary drill, also a 12mm AF spanner or socket for the fixings. A 10mm AF spanner is supplied which is used for the various adjustments on the bracket, of which there are several, this allows you to get the TV level and at just the right tilt.

Bear in mind that this bracket can only be mounted on a stud wall if you can mount it on one of the studs, it wont mount on hollow plasterboad (plasterboard is not strong enough on its own). The supplied fixings would be too long for a stud wall, you would need some shorter screws.
on 28 July 2015
Wanted this to "throw" our TV out of an alcove so the view is not obstructed by the chimney breast. Decided the best way to fix in was to bolt it to a piece of 18mm plywood fixed across the alcove, attached with 8mm bolts to brackets attached to the sides of the alcove made from offcuts of (proper) Dexion shelving angle steel (which is pre-drilled with 8mm holes). This does the job admirably, although I had to drill out the fixing holes from 7mm to 8mm as I was unable to find any 7mm nuts and bolts! The arm seems well engineered and strong, with easy adjustments. Hanging the 39" TV on it was easier than expected. Really good quality product.
review image review image review image
on 31 May 2013
I bought this for my son's bedroom to hold a 24" TV. It is made from very solid and heavy metal, with three removable plastic sleeves that clip over the arms to run cables through. There is a removable plastic sleeve (which splits into two halves) that covers the bracket where it mounts on the wall. The bracket that attaches to the TV is removable (via two nuts) so it can be fixed to the TV, and then easily re-attached to the main bracket once you have screwed it to the wall.

When I first unpacked this the joints were very very stiff, so I loosened off the nuts very slightly with an Allen key and it moves more freely now. The two bolts at the wall end though need a very big allen key to undo, so I left those alone.

It comes supplied with a range of different fixings including bolts and big rawlplugs for the wall, plus bolts and collars to be used in fixing the bracket to the TV. I didn't use any of these, I used my TV supplied bolts (only a 100mm connection on the TV), and I used 6mm Rigifix (see my separate review) bolts to fix this to the wall. Using those anchors (which are fantastic!) this is absolutely solid, with very little vertical/rotational play in the arms.

If you do find that your wall mounting is not perfectly vertical this is not a problem because there are two nuts that can be undone to allow some rotational movement to align horizontally. The TV attached plate is also tiltable up to about 15 degrees (downwards only).

It took me about an hour to install, much of which was spent drilling holes and getting the alignment perfect, but the end result is lovely. The TV sits close to the wall, can swivel out up to about 50cm and around 180 degrees.

Overall this is a brilliant piece of kit for the money, solidly made and well designed.