Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 14 October 2011
This book contains 13 lessons, two of them not available on the book itself but on two PDF's.
I finished lessons 1 through 11 without any major upsets, despite the author being a bit vague at times. A bit of a disappointment is that you don't actually do any "real" work, but keep to editing existing files.
I learned a lot of basic and intermediate stuff nonetheless.

The major problem here is with the two final lessons (12 and 13). The files for the lessons exist on the CD but the folder that was supposed to contain the PDF's is nowhere to be found, it was simply not burned on the CD! The book mentions this "Bonus Chapters" folder but it's just not there.

This is a major upset and it's appauling how something like this happened. I'll try contacting Amazon even though it's been a month, maybe I got a dud.

I got a replacement from Amazon and the bonus lessons are on the cd this time. This confirms I got a faulty product.
Regarding the two final lessons: There's quite a bit o info missing and you may find yourself lost during the exercices. I give it 3 stars.
on 24 February 2014
This is the official training book from Adobe to help you learn Fireworks.

The book is laid out in a series of lessons where you are working on specific projects to learn the application and features.

Lessons are designed for you to learn at your own pace and you will go through fundamentals of Fireworks as well as the more advanced features.

If you follow all the lessons you will cover all the features of Fireworks and also see how in integrates with other packages in the suite like Dreamweaver.

I enjoyed it and would recommend.
on 5 December 2010
I've been working with Macromedia MX 2004 until recently so this book was to help me with the conversion to Adobe CS5. It's well presented and although I am only half way through, it has helped me pick up plenty of tips already. Don't know if it would be the right choice for an absolute beginner though, as it focusses on the how and not the why - no real preamble. But like I said, for me it is just the ticket. I now have 5 of the CIB series books sitting on my desk (FW, AI, DW, Flash, PS)so I'm obviously fairly happy with them. Also, I'm using a dual-booting iMac and this book is fine for either OS. Hope this is of help.
on 10 October 2014
Very useful and clear instructions (although surprisingly a few typos), well set out and structured, this book focuses on using Fireworks as a prototyping tool for building websites. As that's exactly what I wanted to know, I can say I'm very happy with it. Taught me a lot of very useful stuff and a great basis to practice and extend my knowledge.
on 29 December 2014