4.0 out of 5 stars Shame about the DVD transfer.
Yellow Hair and the real meaning of Horsepower.

Set after the Battle Of Little Big Horn, 7th Cavalry sees Randolph Scott playing Captain Benson, who returns with his future bride to his post commanded by Indian fighter, Colonel Custer. Custer however was gone, he had taken the famous 7th Cavalry to war with the Sioux at Big Horn and lost badly. Guilt ridden and...
Published on 11 Aug 2011 by Spike Owen

1.0 out of 5 stars 7th Cavalry, starring Randolph Scott
This should have been a great film, unfortunately, the picture and sound quality on this Elstree Hill dvd is terrible. Absolutely shocking! I could only watch 10 minutes before I ejected the disc. Save your money. I found a great copy of this movie in the UK. Google: [...] You will get a good watchable copy from this company.
Published on 14 Aug 2010 by Andrew Mowatt

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars 7th Cavalry, starring Randolph Scott, 14 Aug 2010
Andrew Mowatt "ANDY M." (SCOTLAND) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars 7th cavalry, 16 Aug 2010
A. W. Wilson - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: 7th Cavalry [DVD] (DVD)
If I had known this was an Elstree Hill film....This is sub standard 3rd generation video from a bad 16 mm print (or it seems like it). How can they release such poor quality of a film frequently on TV that is much better than this? So disapointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars 7th cavalry. Randolph Scott, 19 Aug 2010
robert mahoney (kings lynn, norfolk, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 7th Cavalry [DVD] (DVD)
If you want to waste your money on what i can only say is a very bad bootleg copy, buy this dvd. Awefull picture quality, substandard audio quality. Amazon really should vet all dvds they sell as they will loose customers if they keep letting these films through the system.

1.0 out of 5 stars very poor quality, 18 Aug 2010
This review is from: 7th Cavalry [DVD] (DVD)
i bought this for my 6, 9, and 11 year old boys, but the quality was so poor both in sound and picture at points that it often resembled someone taking a video camera into a cinema, amazon shouldn't stock this

1.0 out of 5 stars 7th cavalry, 18 Aug 2010
E. Stonestreet (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 7th Cavalry [DVD] (DVD)
Like other reviewers, had I known this was an Elstree release I wouldn't have bothered. Amazon should state the label on DVDs and CDs so the buyer knows what he is in for up front. A pity, because although not up to the standard of Scott's Ranown westerns, it is still a cut above the average second feature western and deserves better than this shoddy treatment.

1.0 out of 5 stars 7th Cavalary Very Good Film Very Bad DVD, 23 Aug 2010
gunslinger "RH" (St Louis, MO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 7th Cavalry [DVD] (DVD)
I am a fan of the Bruce Boetticher / Randloph Scott Films and have seen 7th Cavalry on TV and liked the film. The quality of this DVD is awful and I would not have purchased the DVD if I had been aware of that.

Ron

1.0 out of 5 stars HOW BAD IS BAD, 19 Jan 2012
Graham V. Rushton (Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 7th Cavalry [DVD] (DVD)
If there was a rating lower than 1 I would rate it lower. Unfortunately I received this dvd by mail yesterday (In Australia) If I had purchased it here in Target or K Mart I would take it back immediately. It is disgusting to think a dvd can be sold in this state. The transfer (obviously from VHS or worse) is shocking. The picture goes in and out of colour, if you can call it that in most scenes. The sound changes volume all the way through, it's so low.

It only proves to me I will NEVER purchase another dvd from Elstree Hill Entertainment and[...] Elstree should be ashamed to have their name after such a famous British Studio. 7th Cavalry is something I wanted to add to my western collection but the only place this will be added is the garbage bin. Even at the low price of 2.99 it was an absolute waste of money. I hope the other 5 dvds I purchased at the time are in better shape. Thank God for FREE POSTAGE from Amazon at the moment as I would hate to think I also had to pay postage on this.

I wonder what Amazon do with the reviews people place on here. It would be nice to think they get back to the distributors of the dvd but I think that highly unlikely as they continue to release product from them. If I was a member of the cast or crew of this film (fortunately they must be all dead). I would hate to see what I worked on back in the 1950s to be released for viewers who are collectors (or not) what a dsigusting print they actually have to pay money for.

1.0 out of 5 stars bootleggers rejoice,, 11 Sep 2010
This review is from: 7th Cavalry [DVD] (DVD)
do not even think you could view this film as it is the worst copy i have ever, save your time and money.It makes me angry that reputable dealers sell and advertise this rubbish, refuse to deal with the distributors, Northwest Passage was bad but this! YAK.

1.0 out of 5 stars Seventh Cavalry, 9 Sep 2010
Roland De La Rosa (Berkeley, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 7th Cavalry [DVD] (DVD)
Seventh Cavalry is the worst DVD I've ever purchased from Amazon U.K. The image quality is very muddy with the faces a blur. The color is so faded as to be non-existent(it's in "brown"). If it wasn't so much trouble to mail this back to England, I would ask for my money back. I can't believe the distributor or manufacturer had the nerve to release this!

1.0 out of 5 stars worst dvd quality, 1 April 2013
Y. Chayna (new york usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 7th Cavalry [DVD] (DVD)
I DID NOT SEE THE DVD BECAUSE IT HAD THE WORST QUALITY DVD I EVER SAW.SHAME ON YOU.I HAD A VHS THAT HAD A BETTER QUALITY.DON T BUY THIS DVD.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

7th Cavalry [DVD]
7th Cavalry [DVD] by Joseph H Lewis (DVD - 2010)
3.87