5.0 out of 5 stars hidden gem.
Just wonderful. the perfect album to my summer. interesting to hear a faster version of far away, the song that appears in red dead redemption by jose gonzalez himself.
Published 23 months ago by S. DAVIES

3.0 out of 5 stars Save your money and just buy fields!!!!
I love Gose and the Fields album is good, but the other 2 disks have the same somgs repeated. I don't feel your getting anything extra for your money.
Published on 15 Nov 2010 by Mr. P. Heywood

5.0 out of 5 stars hidden gem., 22 Aug 2012
S. DAVIES - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Fields, 30 April 2011
Spider Monkey (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fields (Audio CD)
Having been a fan of Jose Gonzalez for some time and hearing about this album, it was a foregone conclusion I'd give it a try.

This album offers us a selection of tracks is Jose's inimitable style but with the more fleshed out sound a band can bring. There is still the echoy effect added to Jose's vocals and his addictive guitar work, but it all sounds fuller and richer. `Always' is a very good track and reminds me of `Cycling Trivialities' in places.

This is a very laid back album and it would be quite easy to dismiss it on first listen. But after repeated playing and becoming acclimatised to the songs on offer, you start to see there is more to this than meets the eye. Jose's influence on the sound can be seen from the outset and shines through very strongly on songs like `Rope and Summit', which I love, but as long as you are aware then this doesn't detract from the music one bit. The other band members may dislike being known as Jose's backing band (as I`ve read in other reviews), but when the sound between this band and Jose's solo work is so similar it is inevitable these comparisons will be made and their individual contribution will be discounted to add insult to injury. Saying that, Junip gets a lot of exposure off the back of Jose's earlier success (this is how I heard of this album for example) and they shouldn't knock it. All in all this is a very accomplished album and if you enjoy this, it is a fair bet you'll enjoy Jose's solo work and vice versa. I haven't stopped playing it since I bought it and happily recommend it.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 29 Jun 2014
Some good tracks

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Music, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Fields (Audio CD)
Junip are a real find - loving there music. Fields is a great album can't get enough of their sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Sep 2011
A lovely cd - not a bad song on there, if you're a fan of Jose you must get this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Save your money and just buy fields!!!!, 15 Nov 2010
Mr. P. Heywood (U.K) - See all my reviews

Fields
Fields by Junip (Audio CD - 2010)