4.0 out of 5 stars Good, motivational book.
Published on 15 Oct 2006 by Mr. D. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars No buts..but
I heard Jason Vale on Radio 2 and admit I had heard most of it before i.e. you are what you eat, the Food DOctor etc however I had never got into juicing before so I thought I would give it a go. I have to say that the juices and smoothies are delicious and I am hooked. However, the 14 day programme is proving to be a bit more difficult. I get the feeling that Jason...
Published on 23 Aug 2005

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, motivational book., 15 Oct 2006
Mr. D. Jones (Bournemouth, England) - See all my reviews
I was given this book by a friend of mine who'd read it and found it very helpful. I wasn't hugely overweight, but was finding it hard to lose the 2 stone I wanted to drop. I read the book in one sitting - it was a little bit happy clappy/preachy in places, but if you take the advice in it then you will benefit from it. I don't think it's realistic for many people to totally give up alcohol, but cutting down won't hurt, and not having any for 2 weeks isn't something anyone should have a problem with.

The recipes given in here have introduced me to things I would never have touched before, and I feel so much healthier it's untrue - I have a juice for breakfast every day, and the difference it's made to my life is massive; I have so much more energy now it's amazing, and I was losing 2 lbs a week without too much effort or discomfort!

There is some repetition between Jason Vale's various tomes, but the advice given is good, and visualisation is an important tool to motivate yourself - without it you will go off-track quickly. Over a year later I'm still eating well, so it's made a permanent change to my attitude.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book full of great inspiration and humour!, 22 April 2005
As soon as I got this book and read it, I just couldn't wait to get started. After trying to inspire myself to go on yet another diet after years of trying to loose weight, that says alot! I am now on day 7 and have lost alot of weight! I found the first day quite difficult and had a tremendous headache, however I woke up the next day feeling great. Every day I feel better and better. Not only have I lost weight after years of trying to diet, but I also have alot more energy to keep up with my 3 children under 8 years old. This is the exact boost that I needed, thanks to a kick up the bum from Jason Vale! He doesn't pussyfoot around the fat issues and gets straight to the point. This is a great book for anybody who has been making pathetic excuses not to get healthy! As Jason says: THERE ARE NO EXCUSES!! The great bonus of this book is that the recipes are delicious and easy to make. This of course is a great help if you want to stick to the programme.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book which changed my life, 11 July 2005
By A Customer
Wow! I've just finished the 14 day plan after reading Jason's book and I feel absolutely fantastic. It goes without saying that I lost weight, but moreover, I feel great and thanks to Jason's no nonsense easy to follow approach, it hasn't been hard to follow this 'plan' at all. In all honesty, this book is more than an eating plan for 14 days - it's a way of life. After 14 days I genuinely have no desire to go back to my old eating habits. Bread, pasta and chocolate are completely out of the window for me from now on. I honestly have no desire for them. I never EVER thought I would say that about my old favourite - pasta! But now after eating such mouth watering avocado salads, gorgeous fresh juices and not having that horrible 'full up' feeling after a meal, I can't go back! Jason Vale has changed the way I think about what I feed my body and I feel more energetic than I could ever have imagined - I even bought a Pro-Bounce from his website and enjoy my 20 minute bounce each morning before work.
If you want to lose weight or get bundles of energy, but hate 'faddy' diets then this is honestly the book for you. It's a way of life and you really won't ever look back!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not a diet, it's a way of life - and a bloomin' good one!, 22 April 2007
CL CADMAN "Caddy" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
Many of the comments from reviewers below are typical from those who want a quick-fix way of losing weight and nothing else - from their comments, it is clear that they are not interested in becoming truly healthy.

Jason has written several no-nonsense books - one comment below suggested he was being unrealistic in suggesting people give up tea/coffee/alcohol. If you had really taken in what Jason was saying, you would have understood that alcohol is poison to your body. It's man-made manufactured poision. Likewise caffiene isn't good for you. Take me, I took over a week feel well again after giving up tea, coffee and refined sugar - now what does that tell you about the harm it was doing my body? After reading his book, why one earth would you want to keep poisoning your body? After all, it's the only one you've got!!!

Jason tells you time and time again that it is not a diet! If you read the books with the intention of losing weight and nothing else, then you won't be getting the full value from them. It's a lifestyle change - ditch the junk and put the life back into your body - simple. And it really is simple.

I juice every day, and my kids have a wonderful fruit smoothie every day after school too and we have all become 100% more energised. My daughter, who lacked concentration in school has come on in leaps and bounds (she has one of Jason's Super Juice's for breakfast every morning too).

My juicer and smoothie maker are actually infront of my kettle (I rarely use the kettle anymore!) and that's where they will stay.

Oh, by the way, my lifestyle change has see me lose over 21 lbs in 7 weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an inspiration!!, 9 Jan 2008
I cannot believe the effects of this man and his book. I bought this book as a desperate woman wanting to loose weight, after reading this and the 7lb in 7 days book I can honestly say it has changed the way I look, feel and think, the overall results are amazing. I have shed pounds and have changed my family's eating habits forever. What started as a diet has changed to a lifestyle, a lifestyle I want to stick with. My children are having the juices with me and I now realise the importance of a healthy lifestyle, I always thought I knew what a "healthy lifestyle" was until I read this book in its clear and simple text, he explains everything from good to bad and at the end of it all the choice is yours, I now have friends who have started on the juice plan and are also amazed at the simple requirements to a healthier life. anyone who wants to take their health seriously will love this book, if anyone does not like this book I think they should quit looking as this has been the easiest way for so many. Well done to jason vale and thank you. I think we will be seeing alot more of him in the future:o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it Now - but more importantly DO IT, 6 Sep 2005
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
Really this book is only as good as you make it - I am very overweight and have never exercised before in my life - hate the stuff ... but for some reason this guy's style inspired me - I am very happy with the food choices - yeah ok it's not easy but who said losing weight was easy. It is simple but that's not the same as easy .. I am up at 6 to walk for 45 mins and cram another walk in before dinner - no it's not easy with a family but we are all working around it. I have lost 14 pounds in the first 10 days of the plan and I am thrilled to bits with how different I feel and the breakfast smoothie is to die for! If you are prepared to not just buy the book and think that parting with the money will make you slim, then this is worth a go ... but you have to actually do it!

5.0 out of 5 stars At last!, 4 Jun 2009
I have read so much about health and diets in the past but for some reason this and 7lbs in 7 days seem to have clicked with me. I'm on day 4 of 7lbs and before I undertook this I also decided to stop smoking and I've honestly had no cravings at all! This motivational book is a perfect accompaniment to 7lbs in 7 days and( I have already lost 5lbs by the way) and I just know that life has changed for the better...I highly recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that can change your life!!, 25 April 2005
I have never bothered to write a review for a book in my life, however I felt the need to do so on two fronts. One because the book is nothing short of amazing, on every level, and two, I read a review about this book in this section from 'a reader from Geneva' which is about the single most inaccurate review I have ever read about anything. He/she states that the book simply tells you that smoking and drinking is bad for you and that certain foods are also bad. He has missed the whole concept of this brilliant book and I would urge you to completely ignore that review.

What to eat and not what to eat is a very small part of this book. What makes this book stand out is the way it changes the way you think about changing what you eat and exercise. The programme is very easy to follow and the results are nothing short of remarkable. Get the book, read it and your health and life will never quite be the same again. BIG 5 WELL DESERVED STARS FROM ME!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will get you moving, 25 April 2005
I've read quite a few health books, in the hope of being inspired. And they have, for a day or two, but the overriding feeling of missing out on something, always broke my will to continue.
However Jason's witty, informative and down to earth approach made so much sense I felt like I was missing out by not getting with the programme.
Within two days of reading the book I was ready to go. It's been 8 days now and I'm feeling fantastic. Ok so I had a bit of a headache for a couple of days, but Jason prepared me for it, so I had the appropriate mind set to deal with it.
With the daily visualisations he recommends it's easy to keep it up. My dreams of having a great body are now realistic and not that far off.
It's one of those books that just makes the penny drop.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good start for your new way of eating, 12 April 2006
Mrs. Jennifer A. Hacker "Jen Hacker" (Mitlon Keynes) - See all my reviews
After reading Jason's 'chocolate busters'book I decided to try this book to educate myself in what I should be eating.

I absolutely adore the juice recipies, and now have the confidence to try making my own.

I have completed the 14 day plan and lost about 5 pounds, but would have been more if i did the required amount of excersise!

One drawback is the lack of dinner options, but I now make my own variations on the soup recipies.

Overall I do feel 'cleaner' and will certainly keep up with the plan. The author is right in saying you will be more energetic, its a real relelation. Another bonus is my spotty skin is now glowing. Do be prepared by having a plan of what juices you are making, remember you will get your tastebuds back so try the juices options with things you may not have liked before, you will be surprised!

ARRAY(0xa712c660)