4.0 out of 5 stars Good, motivational book.
Published on 15 Oct 2006 by Mr. D. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars No buts..but
Published on 23 Aug 2005

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, motivational book., 15 Oct 2006
Mr. D. Jones (Bournemouth, England) - See all my reviews
I was given this book by a friend of mine who'd read it and found it very helpful. I wasn't hugely overweight, but was finding it hard to lose the 2 stone I wanted to drop. I read the book in one sitting - it was a little bit happy clappy/preachy in places, but if you take the advice in it then you will benefit from it. I don't think it's realistic for many people to totally give up alcohol, but cutting down won't hurt, and not having any for 2 weeks isn't something anyone should have a problem with.

The recipes given in here have introduced me to things I would never have touched before, and I feel so much healthier it's untrue - I have a juice for breakfast every day, and the difference it's made to my life is massive; I have so much more energy now it's amazing, and I was losing 2 lbs a week without too much effort or discomfort!

There is some repetition between Jason Vale's various tomes, but the advice given is good, and visualisation is an important tool to motivate yourself - without it you will go off-track quickly. Over a year later I'm still eating well, so it's made a permanent change to my attitude.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Health, 7 Jun 2013
G. Price - See all my reviews
I am 76 and following both knees replaced was much more tired than I used to be before surgery.I can now do jobs all day. I sleep better and generally feel much better.I can do a 3mile walk with my rambling group and feel much more cheerful again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book full of great inspiration and humour!, 22 April 2005
As soon as I got this book and read it, I just couldn't wait to get started. After trying to inspire myself to go on yet another diet after years of trying to loose weight, that says alot! I am now on day 7 and have lost alot of weight! I found the first day quite difficult and had a tremendous headache, however I woke up the next day feeling great. Every day I feel better and better. Not only have I lost weight after years of trying to diet, but I also have alot more energy to keep up with my 3 children under 8 years old. This is the exact boost that I needed, thanks to a kick up the bum from Jason Vale! He doesn't pussyfoot around the fat issues and gets straight to the point. This is a great book for anybody who has been making pathetic excuses not to get healthy! As Jason says: THERE ARE NO EXCUSES!! The great bonus of this book is that the recipes are delicious and easy to make. This of course is a great help if you want to stick to the programme.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not a diet, it's a way of life - and a bloomin' good one!, 22 April 2007
CL CADMAN "Caddy" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
Many of the comments from reviewers below are typical from those who want a quick-fix way of losing weight and nothing else - from their comments, it is clear that they are not interested in becoming truly healthy.

Jason has written several no-nonsense books - one comment below suggested he was being unrealistic in suggesting people give up tea/coffee/alcohol. If you had really taken in what Jason was saying, you would have understood that alcohol is poison to your body. It's man-made manufactured poision. Likewise caffiene isn't good for you. Take me, I took over a week feel well again after giving up tea, coffee and refined sugar - now what does that tell you about the harm it was doing my body? After reading his book, why one earth would you want to keep poisoning your body? After all, it's the only one you've got!!!

Jason tells you time and time again that it is not a diet! If you read the books with the intention of losing weight and nothing else, then you won't be getting the full value from them. It's a lifestyle change - ditch the junk and put the life back into your body - simple. And it really is simple.

I juice every day, and my kids have a wonderful fruit smoothie every day after school too and we have all become 100% more energised. My daughter, who lacked concentration in school has come on in leaps and bounds (she has one of Jason's Super Juice's for breakfast every morning too).

My juicer and smoothie maker are actually infront of my kettle (I rarely use the kettle anymore!) and that's where they will stay.

Oh, by the way, my lifestyle change has see me lose over 21 lbs in 7 weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Juice Master Turbo-Charge Your Life in 14 Days, 7 Feb 2006
Helen Hulse (Newark, Nottinghamshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I really love this book, and with it's help I've lost 21 lbs in 5 weeks ! Great as that is it's meaningless unless you adopt lifestyle changes to keep it permanent, and with this book I feel I've now got a system to make it work and "keep it real" on a long term basis.
Not only is it full of hard-hitting home truths but it's delivered in an amusing and inoffensive way. There's none of that holier-than-thou sanctimonious stuff which personally puts my back up! I find Jasons "Get Real" attitude totally refreshing and liberating which in the end encourages you to succeed.All the factual information concerning our dietry needs and sins is facinating and really sets you up to make informed decisions in the future.
The weekly plans are easy to follow and each day has plenty of scrumptious meal choices, plus once you've completed the 14 day plan there's lots of other really healthy and delicious recipies to try - check out the soups !
Although primarily designed for people working a 5-day week, just adapt it to suit your lifestyle. I run 2 businesses, work 7 days a week and struggle to find any spare time to fit in exercise, but where there's a will there's a way and anything you can manage is better than nothing. This book was the motivation I needed to make a couple of small changes to my daily routine which have had enourmous beneficial consequences.
It's down to you, but a good start is to buy it, read it and DO IT. You'll feel fantastic and your body will thank you for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars the juiceman cometh!, 8 Aug 2005
wilse (up north UK) - See all my reviews
I first heard this chap a radio 2 and thought, another one banging on about fruite & veg. I did however like his patter, so much so, being the tight a*se that I am I bought his book.

I'm a reasonably healthy eater anyway, I will eat anything, but I'm not a big consumer of fruit... not anymore.

I must say I really am amazed. It may be nothing new?, but it's not that restricting.
I've been doing the 14 day thing for 6 days, and yes I've deviated from it slighty (oh my good I've had 2 eggs!!).

I thought I'd give it a go, to see if it really would make give me a bit more energy, an I'm pleased to tell, it does, yes there has also been weight loss, (being a man I didn't weigh myself, but my wine-gut is definately smaller!).

The juices, seem strange spinach, avocados & apples etc, but they really do taste good. honest! And avocado, sardines and lemon is a great combo, even if it sounds like vomit!

I haven't missed eating pasta & white bread, I've just eaten rye, which I like, come to think of it I've just realised I haven't had wine or coffee for 8 days... I hadn't even noticed!

Hope this has been helpful, rather than just me bangin' on.

GIVE it a try it's only 14 days, that's my advice.

3.0 out of 5 stars No buts..but, 23 Aug 2005
By A Customer
I heard Jason Vale on Radio 2 and admit I had heard most of it before i.e. you are what you eat, the Food DOctor etc however I had never got into juicing before so I thought I would give it a go. I have to say that the juices and smoothies are delicious and I am hooked. However, the 14 day programme is proving to be a bit more difficult. I get the feeling that Jason didn't plan this for people who work more than 7 hour days. THe main problems are with the exercise, twice a day is alot, if you did that every day and ate white bread sandwiches you would see an improvement in your health. Then you have to exercise in the evening (i finishwork at 6pm) so by the time I get home its 7.30, then I have to prep the evening meal and all this to ensure that I have 3 hours left before I get to bed.It's a hectic plan and it is making me feel better but I do think it is abit excessive. If you are looking for a more 'chilled' out detox then try the Food Doctor Diet.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent with one or two issues, 31 May 2005
Mr. Ian A. Vesey "grayfield18" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
I like Jason Vale's books they are well written - enthusiastic and full of excellent advice. This one is too. The only slight quibles that there are not quite enough recipes - on that why have a turbo salad light and then a turbo salad both receiving a page in the book the only difference between them being that the light one uses 1/2 a cup of rocket and another leaf and the full uses a cup of each. Also this is the UK what is a cup ?!!! The dishes though are excellent - had the monksfish with veggies and that was top and very filling and now done it with salmon although steamed the salmon and top too. The time estimates for the juices are low - but once prepared are brilliant and repay the effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it Now - but more importantly DO IT, 6 Sep 2005
Really this book is only as good as you make it - I am very overweight and have never exercised before in my life - hate the stuff ... but for some reason this guy's style inspired me - I am very happy with the food choices - yeah ok it's not easy but who said losing weight was easy. It is simple but that's not the same as easy .. I am up at 6 to walk for 45 mins and cram another walk in before dinner - no it's not easy with a family but we are all working around it. I have lost 14 pounds in the first 10 days of the plan and I am thrilled to bits with how different I feel and the breakfast smoothie is to die for! If you are prepared to not just buy the book and think that parting with the money will make you slim, then this is worth a go ... but you have to actually do it!

5.0 out of 5 stars He's done it again..., 8 May 2005
Jason Vale must be the most entertaining expert in the health industry! He seems to know how to strike the right balance between serous content and enjoyable activities.
Turbo Charge Your Life gave me everything I needed to get myself back on track. The thing I like most about this book is that it gets you to take action. It's easy to read and makes so much sense. It made me feel so motivated and just wanted to get on with the 14-day programme.
This book has helped me understand my health habits more than ever. It got rid of my excuses and gave me the exact steps and recipes I needed to improve my vitality. Now I'm looking good and feeling great!
Thank you Jason Vale!