1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch (but there are some things you should know), 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Woodford Swiss-Made Skeleton Full-Hunter Pocket Watch, 1014, Men's Twin-Lidded Deep Gold-Plated with Chain (Suitable for Engraving) (Watch)
(Sorry for some grammatical inaccuracies, I am not a native English speaker).
This pocket watch is unique for its design. You will not find too many similar skeleton pocket watch trust me. The second best thing is the Swiss movement inside - it is not Swiss made as the title of the product says. The difference is that Swiss movement is installed in a non-Swiss case. So the cost are lower. Never-mind the time keeping is excellent. I would also appreciate more information about gold-plating, because the title deep gold-plating is not enough. What is "deep"? The watch hands have phosphorescent layer on the ends. This makes a rather nice effect when exposed to direct light and then taking into dark. The chain feels fragile and is rather lightweight. The front cover looks a little bit different from the picture - it is not so strongly ornamented (I will add a photo later). The last thing is that you do not have your 12 months guarantee, because the form has to be signed by supplier and it is not. Just one more thing - the presentation box looks cheap for the price of the product. Overall I am very satisfied with this beautiful watch.

Update: After some research I found out the gold plating is 2 microns. It is not so much deep. Is it so hard for manufacturer to cover this information in description? I cannot understand it. Heavy gold plating refers to items that have between 2.5 microns up to 5 microns. The timekeeping is about +/- 10 sec. per day (24 hours) on static test I made (some days had even less seconds, so it is excellent). When wearing it was very similar to about 10 sec. per 24 hours or less. I will test it after some time working and write how it is running (with wearing it) within a week. The mark swiss movt. is not in the standard law form, which should be: swiss movement. => http://www.fhs.ch/en/swissm.php

Update #2: I discover a very little dot on back cover which looks like this spot is not gold plated. This is very strange as the technology of gold plating should not allow this to happen but it is there and I was not able to clean it. Still it is only my suspicion and maybe I will be able to remove it if it is some sort of dirt.