5.0 out of 5 stars FIRST RATE
This is an excellent piece of kit.

Easy to fit, couple of seconds time and it's on, feels nice and solid, way better than the usual screen protectors, very clear and certainly well worth the extra cash. The company was a pleasure to deal with as well.

Published on 5 Aug 2010 by A. Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced but necessary
One pays a lot for such a simple item.

No matter how necessary this add-on is for the screen on my camera, in order for it to be protected and looked after, it was over-priced by way too much.

It literally sticks on the rim of the camera screen, so hopefully the adhesive will last as long as I hope to protect the camera for!

M.
Published on 3 July 2011 by Mark G. Hopewell

5.0 out of 5 stars FIRST RATE, 5 Aug 2010
A. Taylor (Surrey England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: GGS LCD Rigid Hard Glass Screen Protector For Canon Eos 550D High Transparency, Anti-scrape, Anti Bump(BV & Jo). (Electronics)
This is an excellent piece of kit.

Couple of caveats, this sticks in place so you have to be a little careful when placing that you don't obscure the two IR windows at the bottom of the viewfinder; mind you to obscure them the bottom of the protector would be quarter way up the camera's LCD so it should not really be a problem. Also as I said this sticks in place and I'm not sure how hard it will be to take off if you should wish to. Just make sure you really clean the camera LCD before you apply.

Highly recommended for Canon 550D.

UPDATE : 15-05-2011

Without wishing to tempt fate I thought I'd add that despite (vigorous) polishing on a fairly regular basis the screen is still in place, scratch free, and shows no sign of letting go; I'm quite impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top marks, 15 Sep 2010
K. J. Price "KJP" (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This screen protector for the Canon 550D is perfect, fits perfectly. I noticed that it seems to be anti smear. Very good product, a mus. Gonna get one for my 5DMkII...

UPDATE....
I fitted two of these, one on my 550D and one on my 5D MkII. Yesterday, I had both camera's with me, shooting between them, when to my horror I picked the 550 up and there was a crack across the top left of the screen, my little heart sank for a minute....then relief washed across me when it dawned on me that I had the screen protector....phew..

As for removing it, yes it is on firmly, but it's probably meant to be (what else...Doh.), so one corner was lifted slightly with my finger nail, then some thick card was prised under and the rest of the screen lifted off pretty easily, to my surprise.

There was some glue remnants, but only round the edge. This was cleaned real easy by some (glasses) lens spray that I had.

All in all the screen protector saved the day, and what would have been an expensive repair.

Of course I now have another on order....

4.0 out of 5 stars Camera LED protectors, 9 Nov 2010
N. Short "ndshort" (Epsom) - See all my reviews
I have tried several film protectors for my cameras in the past. All difficult to place correctly on the LED screen and also I have never been able to remove all the inevitable bubbles. Tried this Hard Glass protector and I am please with the result so far. No bubbles, smears and clear live view on my Canon 550D. I would recommend this product over the film protectors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 30 Sep 2010
The product comes in japanese or chinese packaging, but the diagrams are self explanatory about what you have to do. I have to say that the screen was easy to stick on and it seems to be firmly in place. The screen looks very professional and it looks like it could even have been original canon equipment - don't know why canon don't include this in the retail box in the first place. Thoroughly recommend it, and although i haven't tried one of the 'cut your plastic film to suit your camera screen and then stick on and they'll be no air bubbles' kind of products, i KNOW there are no air bubbles with this product. I only wish that i had bought it and applied it to my new camera BEFORE i went on holiday about 3 weeks ago, as the camera screen now has a couple of minor marks on it. For a camera costing 600/700, this glass protector screen at a couple of quid extra than the stick on film type products, is well worth paying/buying (although like i've said, i haven't tried the film protectors). It does 'what it says on the tin' the first time. Suits me just fine. Just make sure you clean your camera LCD well first, before applying the protector screen, and as one of the other buyer's pointed out, i don't know how easy it is to get it off once it's been stuck on.

5.0 out of 5 stars EOS550D Protector glass, 14 Nov 2010
This protector is briliant way to keep your lcd panel scratch free. Better than the usual protective film. Easy to put on and doesnt distort the screen in any way. I would recommend this to anyone with a new camera that wants to keep it "New".

4.0 out of 5 stars camera protector, 27 Jun 2011
John J. Walsh (Dublin Ireland) - See all my reviews
Ibought this item to protect the lcd screen on my canon 550 slr and it seems to be doing the job so I am very pleased with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good protection, but edges are vulnerable., 4 May 2011
I've had a GGS screen on my Sony A900 for a couple of years and it has proved excellent. On this camera the edges of the GGS protector are protected, because the LCD is recessed about 2.5mm into the camera body. On my Canon EOS 550D the GGS screen stands proud of the camera body. It would seem the edges of these protectors are vulnerable to knocks, on my first outing the screen cracked right across after getting an unexplained knock to the edge. No damage was done to the camera LCD thanks to the protectors multi-layer construction. Despite this setback I will replace it with another GGS screen as they are good, but watch out for the GGS screen edges on cameras that don't have recessed LCDs

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely worthwhile, 4 Mar 2013
Goes on easily, once on you'll forget it's there. Friend dropped his second hand camera screen-first, spiderweb cracks everywhere, the panic only stopped when it was pointed out the logo at the bottom of the screen read GGS instead of Canon, discovered one of these was stuck to it by a previous owner and it was in no way obvious!

Immediately bought one myself and today - several months later - was very glad I did. Comes off with a bit of care, slide a credit card under a corner then around all the edges to pry off then clean the residue with sticky stuff remover and then screen cleaner.

5.0 out of 5 stars how to save a screen, 5 Sep 2011
Bought this to keep the original screen free from scratches and damage. Very easy to fit, and look part of the camera. it doesn't hinder the view of the screen, and you would not know one was fitted. Excellent way of saving an expensive toy!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 19 July 2011
I would highly recommend this to anyone. It looks like part of the camera, easy enough to fit and does the job perfectly. Brilliant.