on 30 June 2013
It was annoying that this particular train takes large batteries, when all the others take 2 AA batteries(I use rechargeable ones). It is very fiddly to replace the batteries.
on 10 January 2014
Ok...the engine itself is well made and should last. But, it's damned expensive for what it is.

I would also note that the "grabber" is fixed with only the jaws opening. True, a fully mobile grabber would last around 2 hours with the average small boy but I would just take note in case it's expected.

The lad loves it though so minor quibbles only...
on 20 May 2013
My three year old watched day of the diesels recently and all he wanted was a diesel 10 toy. Thank goodness for Amazon as I couldn't find this toy in any toyshop. He is now planning which engine is next on his list.......whichever one he picks, I will be back to Amazon to buy it!
on 14 June 2012
Our son loves the Thomas Trackmaster trains and track. Luckily he already has a couple of sets as this 'playset' is just a train.
It does say what is included in the details to be fair, but I still think the product name is misleading.
I can't fault the train though, other than the claw arm being fixed in place. Its the first thing our lad tried to move!
on 29 December 2012
TrackMaster should redesign this toy. I gave it to my grandson on Christmas Day. He had been asking to have a Diesel 10 for months and was so pleased when he opened it. The battery does not stay in place. Any jolt or movement dislodges the battery which has only the metal connections to each end holding it in a large space. We tried packing it with card but in the end playdough all round the battery filling the cavity held it in place so he could play with it.

It is so disappointing for children when new toys don't work. This is not the only Thomas engine that needs better design.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 April 2012
I bought this for my 3 year old son who is obsessed with Thomas and the Trackmaster collection. He absolutly loves the day of the diesels film, so I got him this train, along with Den, Dart and Bell. Its still great fun like all previous trackmaster trains, and is fantastic for any child who loves playing with trains. I think its great for developing imaginative play too, as he now makes the "diesels" and "steamies" role play and talk, and we've painted an old box to make a diesel works. He absolutly loves diesel 10 and takes him everywhere. The only criticism I would have is that he requires a C cell battery, which I have to replace every 2-3 days, but this is probably because my son literally plays with him from the moment he gets up to the time he goes to bed!
on 9 February 2012
I knew what to expect and was not disappointed. Another Thomas the Tank Engine train to add to my grandson's collection. He was very happy with it.
on 18 February 2012
My 3 year old got this for Christmas, he loves it although his only negative comment was about the grabbing arm on top. It is fixed in place and doesn't move. However, Diesel 10 loves racing around the track up to no good.
on 4 January 2013
Bought this as a Christmas present for a little boy who loved it he is mad about the character. It works well on the track and face is much more realistic than the smaller diecast model.
on 2 February 2014
Because I think it was lovely made and worked very well for a toy. I do believe all little boys and girls would love to play with all of Thomas,s friends

See one answered question