5.0 out of 5 stars Fun! Fun! Fun!
If, when you have watched this video, you don't have a face-splitting grin on your face and are not humming songs around the house, than you must have a heart of stone and there is little hope for you. Unlike his previous DVD, this appears to be a complete recording of the show as it ran (but probably with some edits of the intersong chat) so that guest Jodie "Hey Mambo"...
Published on 14 Nov 2010 by Priv8teer

1.0 out of 5 stars Manufacturing Problem
I'm actually surprised that the NTSC version of this DVD is still being sold. I've received two copies now and neither is playable. I live in the United States, and like most North Americans, my DVD player requires NTSC formatting. But this DVD, although labeled "NTSC," appears to be in the PAL (European) format. I've heard that the manufacturer intends to fix this...
Published on 1 Jan 2011 by pjidaho

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars what a pity, 11 Mar 2013
This review is from: John Barrowman Live At The Royal Albert Hall [DVD] (DVD)
Although some of the numbers featured were good, I just hated all the smutty stuff. I am fed up with having to listen to sexual innuendoes when all I want is just to enjoy the music. Why does a performer with such talent have to try and be a silly stand up comedian? I will definitely ditch this DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories, 30 Nov 2010
LoveCorgis (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Barrowman Live At The Royal Albert Hall [DVD] (DVD)
Having had the privilege of seeing John 3X last year while spending time in Europe- the DVD was a pleasure since I could not attend anything being back in the US. I have only watched the first few songs but it looks like typical JB fun like his concert at Arundel. A great collection for JB fans and just to relive the memories again, and again..... Now, if he could only release a DVD of his Panto performance. He was fantastic in Robin Hood last year in Cardiff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memory of a wonderful evening with JB, 28 Nov 2010
This review is from: John Barrowman Live At The Royal Albert Hall [DVD] (DVD)
I was at Johns concert at the Albert Hall and this dvd definately captures the magic of it allJohn has a wonderful singing voice(not too sure how some people thought he was singing off key!!!!),a wicked sense of humour and an engaging personality, and he gives so much in every performance.An evening of entertainment with a capitalE
I have seen John in concert on many occaisions and this dvd captures all the music humour and honesty of a JB performance

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing concert!, 17 Oct 2010
This review is from: John Barrowman Live At The Royal Albert Hall [DVD] (DVD)
Saw this concert at Royal Albert. The show was great. John Barrowman is an amazing entertainer. I really hope the editing of the DVD shows off how wonderful the live performance was. Surprisingly, there are many songs off his new album that were not done in concert.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful concert and DVD, 19 Nov 2010
This review is from: John Barrowman Live At The Royal Albert Hall [DVD] (DVD)
This is a must for any John Barrowman fan or any fans of musical theatre and wonderful voices. John Barrowman has the most beautiful singing voice, evidenced by his years in the West End and Broadway, and also has a fun and engaging stage presence and comic touch. This DVD is fun for all the family. You won't be disappointed :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Star, 27 Nov 2010
K. Johansen "luvmusic" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Barrowman Live At The Royal Albert Hall [DVD] (DVD)
I realy feel sorry for the people who have written negative comments for this show.

I was at the final night of the tour and John was even better than the Albert Hall performance.

I was amazed at the power in John's voice, he is so much better live than on record and I enjoyed his choice of songs especially when he did Take That's Rule The World.

For those who say John was out of tune or off key then I suggest you have your ears checked, everything about John's show was perfect the sound was excellent.

Yes John can be risque but he is very funny with it and you cannot take offence, he has a wonderful personality and actually by the end of his show he was very humble in thanking us all for paying money to come and see him in these hard times - that meant a lot.

The entire audience gave John a standing ovation - I think that says it all!

1.0 out of 5 stars DVD Format is wrong - its in PAL, 2 Jan 2011
The manufacture miscoded the DVD. It is labeled as NTSC (North American) format but is actually in PAL format.

I used your customer return service to send the DVD back. I got an email that it arrived in Fife Scotland at 8:00 am local time, and another email stating that my credit card had been credited the purchase price plus postage from the US to Scotland at 10:30 am the same day.

As soon as I hear from John Barrowman's website I will be re-ordering with you. (They asked all of us who ordered the North American DVA to email them so they could track what was going on and make sure we got our refunds and were notified when the DVD with the correct format is available.)

I've ordered quite a few CDs and DVDs from UK artists - you are 20 - 25% cheaper than ordereing the same item throught Amazon USA - even when you figure in postage to the US. I've always gotten great service and prompt shipping (usually Royal Post takes 3-4 days).

Stephanie

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic show - just wish I was there, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: John Barrowman Live At The Royal Albert Hall [DVD] (DVD)
This fantastic show from the Albert Hall with the best entertainer ever - thank you John.
I wish I had been there, but I was in Glasgow.
All his concerts are fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will keep you amused on the dullest day!, 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: John Barrowman Live At The Royal Albert Hall [DVD] (DVD)
VERY entertaining, bringing tears to your eyes with laughter, stories and fantastically entertaining. Watched over and over again may need another copy if mine is played much more! Wonderful selection of songs sung with passion. Will have you on your feet within seconds singing and dancing a long! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD, 11 May 2013
This review is from: John Barrowman Live At The Royal Albert Hall [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this as a treat for myself, and it was well worth it. It's a great DVD and well worth the price.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›