5.0 out of 5 stars A nice "quiet" fan
Published on 15 Feb. 2012 by Snagglepuss

Published 2 months ago by Neilius

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice "quiet" fan, 15 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Cooler Master R4-L2R-20AR-R1 Sickleflow "120mm, Quiet Case Fan / Cooler Fan" Black with Red LED (Electronics)
I bought this product for the rear of my HAF 922 to suck out rising hot air. I have heard complaints from other reviewers that this fan is extremely noisy. My HAF 922 has 3 200mm fans fitted besides this one and of course the hefty CPU fan to cool my 8 core AMD CPU. I can say with all honesty, that this is the most quiet computer I have EVER built; and I've built a few in my time. I can just hear a quiet purr from where I sit (about 3 feet from the unit). I would highly recommend this fan, hence the 5 stars awarded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Fan for the Side case!, 2 Dec. 2013
Well I had the stock Cooler Master Haf X Side Case fan and this comes with no light so I thought why not and get the Blue LED one ! can't fault it ! very good light from it and I think its a bit more quiet than the stock fan ! happy customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and budget., 11 Dec. 2011
J. Wallace - See all my reviews
First thing first, nowhere on the packaging does this fan claim to be quiet. It explicitly tells you on the packaging that they are 19 dB-A which is around the upper middle sound level for a case fan of it's class. This fan runs at 2000rpm and shifts 69.69 CFM of air, something fans twice the price struggle to do at times, and costs six quid so you can forgive it not being totally silent. I've had mine for a week now and to be perfectly honest the only noise that I've heard from it has been on the first day it made an interesting hard drive type grind if I knocked the table. It's living in a HAF 922 with a side window and on a CPU heatsink which could account for how little I hear of it but that's only minimal dampening.

The down side is that the 3pin to 4pin molex didn't work when I tried it to see if the fan was working before installation but since I wasn't intending it's use I really don't care but it has to be noted.

As for rating, this fan is on par with ones that have RRP's of double the price, is solidly built and look nice. A rating for it being £6 you really can't look at anything but a 5/5 but be aware that an extra four quid get's you the
Antec TrueQuiet 120 Fan (12cm) then I think a 5/5 is fair given that it's an LED 2000rpm 69.69 CFM fan and it's half the price of it's nearest spec rival.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits like a charm, 5 Mar. 2013
Fitted as a top exhaust fan for my Coolermaster storm enforcer case. Pity the titting screws are silver, although I had some spare black ones to fit the fan. Glows with the same red colour as the front 200mm intake fan. Cannot hear it running under load, indeed my motherboard gives me a warning that in normal mode it is running at 400 rpm. Even manually raising the fan speed, the fan is very quiet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes they're loud but excellent at the same time, 27 Oct. 2011
wow are they loud!!

I bought in total around 6/7 im not entirely sure. Opened the packaging and staring at me was this beautiful gloss-finished fan. Plugged them into my test psu with controller and started 4 of them and man do they shift air. The pro in this being they move a lot of air and are very powerful but cons are they are definately loud. When i had all of them on full it did sound like a small personal aircraft was about to take off in my room. But i must say to everyone thinking of buying these get them. The noise can easily turned down, the airflow they generate is fan-tastic haha and the LED is subtle and not overwhelming so all you can see in your case is a blinding blue light.

10/10

if you have a fan controller then get them if not i think for around £2-£3 you can get a 12 to 7 volt resitor which plugs in-line with your fan.

Hope this helps

P.S every fan i bought gave out nearly the same db and rpm to the airflow so for each fan none of them were faulty

4.0 out of 5 stars Quiet, but can't figure out LEDs, 4 Aug. 2011
I have a Coolermaster Cosmos S case, and this was the only fan I could find that would replace the side-panel fan. The seller, 'sendercity' actually sent the fan to me within 1 or 2 days of me ordering it, I didn't pick any special delivery. Pleasant.

The fan fits the side panel just fine, but two problems - the first is that I cannot turn the blue LEDs off. I didn't see a way of doing this. I really don't want this odd blue glow in my case and am not sure why this is considered appealing, but nevertheless, I'll live with it.

The other is, if you have a water cooler (I have Corsair Hydro H60), the fan's going to be pushing juuust against the pipes, it'll just be touching. I was a little nervous about this as first but it's OK since then, no problems. This isn't the fan's fault, it's my own for not having a case wide enough, perhaps. Or not being able to find a thinner fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sickleflow fans, 25 July 2012
I have been using these fans in my first computer build for half a year now and I am really satisfied. I only use two of these fans as an intake/exhaust configuration in a small Coolermaster Elite 430 case and they keep my 2500K @ 4GHz below 70°C. I use a Zalman fan controller to alter the speeds as I wish So the noise never affects me when I want peace and quiet. The fans are loud when turned up to the maximum however but it don't really bother me. The only time that I need that airflow is when I am gaming, my sound system overpowers the sound of the fans so ye... The led lights are also not as bright as the picture makes out but once again this never bothered me. Before people complain about the noise of these fans they need to take into consideration the airflow and static pressure that these fans have to offer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cooler Master Megaflow 200 Blue LED Fan, 3 Dec. 2010
this fan is silent and the leds are bright, but the only thing that disappointed me was the fact that it would not fit in my nzxt phantom case, none of the holes lined up to fix it into place.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Quiet, LED lighting is tacky., 7 April 2013
G. WOODRUFF - See all my reviews
This fan does exactly what I wanted - extract air out of the top of my case and do so quietly.

It was a pain getting the self tapping screws to go in but I guess as I don't do it often I haven't got the technique right. There are alternative solutions to screws though so I can't knock the fan down for that.

I would give it five stars because the volume levels are superb but I am afraid I must knock a star off for the LED lighting.

It is the sort of thing the boy racers would tack onto their Vauxhall Corsas. It is not necessary and looks trashy. If you are playing some kind of horror game in your room with the lights out then the bright LED lighting can be distracting.

I could not find one without the lighting despite scouring many computing websites, they only seemed to come in Red or Blue.

As far as cooling goes, yes it is relative low RPM but that is the whole point - you use a larger fan with a lower RPM to shift a higher volume of air quietly. Just by putting my hand over the top I can tell that it is shifting enough air to keep it cool and I have an overclocked CPU and two graphics cards in there. I think if a person has cooling issues with this fan then they maybe need to look at their other fans and general lay out.

If you don't care about the lighting then consider it a 5 star product. Only other thing to note is that I originally had a non-LED cooler master fan in there of the same size that came with my Corsair case but I bought this new one to replace it because the bearings must have been going. It was making a grinding noise especially when cold and it was only 7 months old. Hopefully that was a one-off and not an indication of general poor quality.

3.0 out of 5 stars This thing will pull enough current to exceed the rated current on many common motherboards and AIO coolers like the corsair H10, 30 May 2015
Well to be fair this fan IS about as high as you can get for CFM (airflow). But sadly the price for this incredible airflow is current draw! This thing will pull enough current to exceed the rated current on many common motherboards and AIO coolers like the corsair H100i ( i found that one out the hard way!) so make sure you either use the included adapter to run it at 50%, or run it directly off the power supply of your case, but make sure if you're running it off anything else you check how many amps you can safely pull from the source you're connecting it to or you will be smelling burnt component smoke in no time! You have my first hand experience to learn from here.... you're welcome :-P

Usually dispatched within 2 to 3 days