5.0 out of 5 stars Zoe, You Got To The Core!
Published on 20 Aug 2010 by DarkSecret

2.0 out of 5 stars Depressing
This book depressed me no end! If the majority of men think like the ones in the book, then I give up now!
Published on 27 May 2012 by d-mac

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Zoe, You Got To The Core!, 20 Aug 2010
I first learned about this book in a national newspaper. The article had several headings of men's behaviour and their expectations in what they are looking for in women. Zoe Strimpel, the author, also suggests that most men are easy to read, but when it comes to dating and love then it's a whole new phenomenon. She writes about what attracts men to a particular woman; what is about a particular woman that he would want to spend the rest of his life with. To me the book covered almost every aspect of a man's expectation, which to me seems to imply that we women are made to feel pressured to consciously behave or act in a certain manner in order to capture her ideal partner.

As Zoe states, it is the question women have been asking for years, and that is, What The Hell Is He Thinking? Does he like you? Is he using you? Are you a stop-gap? Does he see you as a friend/sister type? What intrigued me about Zoe was she spent a year interviewing many men of different walks of life in an effort to find what is deeply hidden from us, and she managed to bring to the surface the probable answers. She wants us to experience the males' intellect and psyche in order for us to understand why men behave the way they do when it comes to finding love and their life-long partner. And in order to do so I suggest this book is a must for those who are totally baffled by The One they assumed loved them, but turned out not to be the case.

The author asked her male interviewees certain types of questions that we, as women, would be too petrified to ask; such as "How can you be all over a woman one minute and indifferent to her the next?" "What excuse do you give a woman if you're just not that into her?" ...And many more. The honest answers and the consequences given by the various selections of her male interviewees are extremely informative and instructive; particularly to questions such as, "What do you think of someone who sleeps with you on the first date?" The response will make you think twice!!!

All I can say is that if you seriously want to support or capture the man of your desire then read and learn. The book may not be necessarily to everyone's taste, but it's a start for those who just want to learn what men are all about in the love game. It's a lesson we can definitely embrace... and teach our daughters!

5.0 out of 5 stars What the Hell is He Thinking?, 28 Jun 2010
Kutchinsky Katrina (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I read "What the Hell is He Thinking?" in one sitting. I found it completely compulsive reading and I think Strimpel has done some extremely thorough, well-founded research by interviewing hundreds of men on a vast array of relationship topics. The author relives many of her own and friends' affairs of the heart with an honesty and sense of humour that is striking. Ultimately it made me feel a lot better about why some of my past relationships have failed and relieved that I'm not alone in navigationg the many pitfalls that can occur in them. I will be recommending this book to all my female friends. An absolute triumph!

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight to the point, 28 Jun 2010
The reason this book is so helpful is that it is not a woman's opinion about what men are thinking - it actually tells you what men are thinking.
The mens' responses do, for the large part, make perfect sense... but funnily enough the explanations never occur to many of us!
This is THE manual for women who are dating!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 28 Jun 2010
I can't recommend this book enough - every girl should read it, and then buy it and give it to all their friends. It's an absolute must. Well done Strimpel!

2.0 out of 5 stars Depressing, 27 May 2012
The authors dating style seemed to put far too much emphasis on going out, drinking, meeting someone, and wanting to have sex with them - all on the first night. Each to his (or her) own, but I can't help thinking she would have avoided a lot of her dating problems if she'd held back a bit and waited until she knew the men a bit better. Have a bit of dignity and self respect!
This book might suit women in their 20s/30s living in a city, but for me - too far removed from my lifestyle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zoe Strimpel- What a Hero, 19 Sep 2014
This review is from: What the Hell is He Thinking?: All the Questions You've Ever Asked About Men Answered (Kindle Edition)
I have to laugh really- I read this book while seeing a guy who clearly didn't give a **** about me. I say clearly, I'd obviously been over-analysing the whole thing, making excuses for him etc.
Every man in this book is a ******* (sorry, the subject matter definitely brings you out in a fit of swearing!) which at the time made me feel slightly depressed about the whole thing. Poor Zoe, being used and abused over and over again. There's no hope in the world now since every single one is suffering from Commitment Phobia (CP).
Every case study I read I saw a flash of this horrible man (wow, he doesn't see me as girlfriend material, etc) and ultimately I realised that I was getting mugged off and deserve better so I told him to do one.
The reason I laughed at the beginning? I've since met a man who is NOTHING like any of the guys in this book. Just when I thought there was no hope and the 'gentleman' was dead. Playing hard to get and anything else I've ever learn about playing men has gone out the window. Moral: Don't fail to see the bigger picture. Although, in reality he'll probably be bored of me after 3 month...
Conclusion: What an eye-opener.

3.0 out of 5 stars Like a teen magazine quiz as a book, 16 May 2011
Vicheria "Book Vixen" (Hull, East Yorkshire, England, UK) - See all my reviews
You know those quizzes in glamour magzine 'from a mans point of view' - where we get a rare glimpse into the males brain and how he sees women and what are his turn ons and turn offs? Well this is just like a book full of those types of quizzes. So if you like them you'll like this book. If you don't then don't buy it! Simples!
Now me - I'll have a look from time to time and some stuff is helpful but I wouldn't class this one as a 'life-changer' or anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book!, 28 Jun 2010
I was lucky enough to get my hands on a review copy of this book, and it is absolutely brilliant. Zoe Strimpel interviewed hundreds of men to find out what they really think about all the things we wonder about. It's like He's Just Not That Into You but better, with so much genuine insight from guys, all channeled through Strimpel's totally readable, sane and lovely voice. I've already used some of her wisdom and feel better about the men in my life. Chapters on commitment phobia and mixed signals are particularly great - then there are loads of questions like "have you ever gone off a girl when you've seen her naked?" and all those embarassing things you'd never have the guts to ask. Well, Zoe has. This is a must-have man manual for today's independent women!

5.0 out of 5 stars A real eye-opener, 8 July 2010
Glitterfoot (Galway, Ireland) - See all my reviews
Having read a few books on similar subjects, I find this book a real eye-opener. I especially like the fact that the author hasn't made this into an "all men are []" book but more that yes, men are capable of rubbish behaviour and here's what's going on behind it.

There are no generalisations apart from the "if it feels wrong or you feel bad there's probably a good reason why".

I liked this book, it made me smile and I liked the format. I think it'll help me steer clear of a few danger scenarios in the future.

There's also quite a good feminist message of stand up for yourself and what you want - and that's from the men interviewed. I'd recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The modern woman's survival guide: all your questions answered!, 28 Jun 2010
I found this book a rare eye opener into the scary world of the male psyche. Whats so great about this book is that it isn't a boring psychological exploration but real views from real men about their thoughts, feelings and past experiences. So many of the questions I have about why relationships go wrong and what he really is thinking (!) were addressed and considered. Whats more - it is very very entertaining, written with wit and skill which makes it fun to read and something to look forward to. A must read!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›