Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Shop now Listen in Prime Learn more

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 7 October 2013
Firstly, the cream itself. Nice glass jar and packaging. Typical Proraso. The cream smells nice and even before you have applied it to your face you can tell it is very slick. Glides on your face, feels slick and slippery and helps the razor glide over your face.

This cream can help you have a nicer shave and help prevent nicks or irritation. Apply this first, then your usual shaving cream.

The second issue here is the advertising on Amazon by The Executive Shaving Company, and others. They have marketed this as a pre OR post shave cream. Quite frankly, it isn't. I have tried using this as an after shave cream and is is very bad at this. It doesn't absorb well for this purpose and takes ages to rub in.

The packaging from Proraso themselves clearly state this is a PRE-SHAVE only. Seems to me that to say this is an aftershave cream is to over-sell it.

That aside, if you are buying this for what it is intended, then I would recommend it. Just don't expect miracles, it is only cream after all.
review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 March 2015
I first tried a small 'one serving' sampler of this, some time ago. I was totally unimpressed. Anyway, I've never been a fan of 'pre-shave' stuff. I reckoned that if you wet your face properly and lathered up properly, that was all you would need.

But I kept reading rave reviews of this, and against my better judgement decided to give it another try.

Day one. Nice smell. Nice not-too-intense menthol feeling on my skin. But improvement to final shave? None whatsoever.
Day two. Identical to Day one.

Day three, and every day since. WOW. What a difference. In the past, I've had very comfortable shaves, and I've had very close shaves, but I've rarely had very close, very comfortable shaves. Now I do.

I don't know why it took a few days for the effects to kick in, but I'm totally converted to this stuff now. In fact, I'll be checking out other products in the Proraso range (Until now I've mainly been a Trumpers/Mitchell's guy.)

PS I've been using this for a couple of months now, and I just can't imagine having to do without it. I've also discovered that the sample I'd previously tried was a different 'flavour' of this product - it was the green original version, which had just a bit too much menthol for my taste. But I do love this one.
on 21 February 2016
Great stuff. Lovely smell, and can serve as both a pre- or post-shave cream. Pre-shave cream is not really necessary unless you are waiting a few minutes after showering/washing your face and need to keep your face hydrated. It works well for this. But really, as long as you are using a good shaving soap or cream (Mitchell, Taylor's, D.R. Harris etc.), that should do most of the work for you.

It works very nicely in its real purpose, which is an after-shave balm--leaves your skin feeling lovely and smelling great, and it fights the dryness/irritation that can come from shaving. The TRICK is not to use too much of it! It's a thick paste, and you just need about an almond-sized dollop (for pre or post-) along with a little moisture on your face. It absorbs nicely and leaves no residue after about 5 min.
on 31 December 2014
I've followed a shaving regime that involved using Alum block which stopped shaving rashes and stopped any slight bleeds but left the sking tight and sensitive. Used this as a pre shave cream and was chuffed to bits with the results. Highly recommended.
on 12 January 2014
Bought this for my son as he suffers from rashes after shaving. It took the colour right down from bright red raised rash to gentle pale pink. A wonderful find.
on 4 October 2014
I am using the Poraso sensitive shaving soap tub, and though that product gives an amazing saftey razor shave, I had seen the green menthol version reviewed on YouTube. I decided to take the plunge and was NOT disappointed! This used as a pre shave is very effective at softening the beard and give a surpirsing cool menthol "y" effect which did make me blink! This stuff is VERY good as a post shave "balm" too. If you're a "traditional" shaver , this is a MUST BUY. Can't recommend it highly enough.
on 29 March 2011
I suffer from a shaving rash which is aggrevated when I wear a shirt and tie for work.
I started using Proraso sensitive skin pre shave cream about 6 months ago and can see and feel
a marked difference. An excellent product well worth the price.
on 8 August 2015
if my skin is sencitive then i use this as a preshave.
definately helps with a closer shave and definately stops all razor burn for me.

if i use it too oftern then my skin becomes oily,otherwise id always use it!

great product,will get the eucalypus one next time for a change!

...oh,and the smell does not linger,so can be used and not upset the scent of your shaving product.
on 29 August 2014
I've been using this for about a year now, on my second 100ml one. They last for a long time, around 5-6 months for me. My girlfriend loves the smell of it. I think it helps most after shaving as the alcohol in it helps if you have a small nick during shaving. I shave using a safety razor but it would work as well with a multi bladed model. Can't fault it really, think I'll be using this for years to come.
on 20 December 2015
One of the best pre shave creams available. Gives a very close shave and helps to glide the blade across the hair for that extra closeness. If I have a couple of days stubble e.g after a weekend of laziness, I always use Prosaro. No reaction whatsoever and I have really sensitive skin especially around my neck area. Recommended, Enjoy!

See one answered question