on 26 February 2013
Having read some of the other reviews for this item, I was a bit dubious but I wanted something unusual for my daughters 30th birthday cake.
I wasn't keen on the recipes which came with the tin so I used my own which worked perfectly. I don't understand why some people found their cakes stuck - mine just fell out with no problems - I just buttered the tin with kitchen paper and then dusted with flour.
I made two shoe cakes and mounted them on a square sponge cake and the finished result was much admired.
Would recommend - only gave four stars because of the given recipes.
on 7 May 2012
This comes with a receipe which is not basic and does not work. I tried it three times with the included receipe and in the end decided to make my usual sponge cake receipe and managed to get something which resembled a shoe! To be honest for the money I was very disappointed and now stuck with a cake tin I will probably never use again.
on 19 October 2013
This cake mould in the shape of a high heeled shoe worked very well for me. The directions for use were clear & the mould was simple to use. I did a pair of shoes for my daughter's birthday & she was delighted with the result. I would love to submit some photos of the finished articles, but don't know how to attach a jpeg file. One thing, follow the recipe in the instructions exactly, as too much or too little badly affects the finished cake. Strongly recommended.
on 9 February 2012
It is the size of an average size 5 shoe. Will have to put it on top of another cake if it is to feed more than three teenagers!
on 6 August 2011
delighted with this product-went down a treat at 21st party- wish I could send image-will get lot of use from it I'm sure
on 20 June 2016
Fun tin and bakes well. Producing a sponge/fruit cake shoe for you to decorate
on 22 February 2013
Very unusual tin and did the job perfectly. Putting it together is a bit fiddly but worth it for the final effect.
on 9 March 2013
Great little cake tin going to be used a lot. Great for a cake topper or for a small individual cake.
on 19 September 2014
Fab little tin, it is small but I made 2 so had a pair of shoes! Didn't use the supplied recipe, just a simple sponge recipe and used cake release so no sticking
Check out my finished cake at Www.facebook.com/cakingandbaking
on 12 December 2013
The finished cake is nothing like the picture on the box. Its more like an ankle boot and it is small. You need just a two egg mixture. I haven't experimented much with it but it would probably be good as a halloween' severed foot' type cake. Would I buy it again? Probably not as you can get the same effect from carving the shape out of a large cake (more wasteful though and you may not have the time or ability).