5.0 out of 5 stars Flights of Fancy, 25 Jan 2011
T. R. Alexander (East Anglia, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Ah! My Goddess: Flights of Fancy - The Complete Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
`Flights of Fancy' is the second season of the `Ah! My Goddess' anime. The series takes off where the previous one ended with Heaven still dealing with the aftermath of the Lord of Terror incident which caused damage to the file containing Keiichi's wish meaning that Belldandy may be forced to return unless the information can be retrieved. Life soon returns to normal for Keiichi and the goddesses though with them having to deal with all manner of supernatural weirdness.

This collection contains all twenty-four episodes of the second season of the `Ah! My Goddess' anime and it is just as good, if not better than, the first season with just as many funny and sweet storylines as its predecessor. The season introduces a number of new characters to the show such as Nobel Scarlet, Sentaro, Earth Goddess Helpline Operator Peorth, Auto Club founder Chihiro and my favourite character from the entire series Hild, Urd's mother. The animation and the English dub are probably slightly better than the previous series and while there are a few somewhat poor filler scenes and episodes towards the end it mostly goes a good job of adapting the manga, despite some shuffling around with the chronology.

The only real disappointment that I had with the series is that it didn't include robot girl Sigil and Keiichi's parents Takano and Keima despite all three making an appearance in the seasons second end credits sequence. Other than this though, I cannot think of anything that could have made this series better as it was a greatly entertaining and sweet series.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing anime!!!, 26 April 2012
I love it when I first watched the first and loved it even more with the second season. Its worth watching and buying but still needs the first season along with this boxset. I would love it if there was more seasons for this show. The 2005 series was great, a reason why it lasted for 2 seasons longer that the ova shows how great this show is. I love this show, reminds me of the tenchi muyo and tenchi universe series. So the sum up everything, this is worth getting.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the first serise I can only hope for 3rd, 17 Feb 2011
C. COX - See all my reviews
I bought this box-set the same time as I bought the 1st serise and ive got say there both brillent this second serise is amazing like the first its funny/romatic and some times sad and heart warming. I reccomend watching this I can't fault it without giving to much away people have moaned on fourms that Belldandy and Kenji never getting itermate but I disagree I think they have there own kind of romance and is a lovely serise you gotta buy it.

Amazing hands down.