5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe option to improve squats and power lifts
The Power Perfect II is a well priced, well designed weightlifting shoe for those looking to improve their squats and power exercises.
Published on 1 Mar 2012 by Tom_Henson

3.0 out of 5 stars Good shoe
Feel more stable when lifting in these well made shoe. A bit expensive, but still on the cheaper end of this type of shoe. I have very wide feet and these are a bit on the tight side for me. Just got to remember to wear the thin socks!
Published 23 days ago by Lorena Moloney

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe option to improve squats and power lifts, 1 Mar 2012
The design is simple (if not a little 'bowling shoe') and can be passed off without looking stupid. If you are tentative about this purchase, the raised heel and stable sole really make it so much easier to fall into a full depth squat. If you remove flexibility as a limiter of our squat, then your power can improve and your numbers can increase. Chorleywood Sports delivered very fast and exactly as described. I would order 0.5 size bigger than you normally wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good shoe, 20 Oct 2012
Really pleased with shoes. The majority of my shoes are size 12 as my "official" size is 11.5 and most places don't do half sizes. I was unsure whether to get the 12s as people had said they are a tight fit. Ordered the 11.5 and they fit perfectly. The velcro strap really helps keep them tight. Really well made and comfortable. Would definitely recommend these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoe, 13 Oct 2011
This review is from: Adidas Power Perfect II Weightlift Shoes (Apparel)
These shoes are superb. They are the replacement for the Ironwork III, which was Adidas' previous more-affordable option. The top-tier shoe is the Adistar, but they are much more expensive. This shoe has Adidas' typical narrow fit and noticeably thicker heel than the average weightlifting shoe (Do-Wins have a wider fit and a shorter heel). However, I have wide feet, and 10/10.5 is about right for almost any shoe - these fit nicely. If in doubt, go a size up, because they have an instep strap to keep your heel on the heel plate and stop your foot sliding forwards. Despite what others say, I didn't find the width to be any more of a problem than in any other kind of shoe. I recommend these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Usual Adidas Brilliance, 6 May 2011
I wanted to write this review because 1, there are not many on the net, and 2, as I am absolutely over the moon with them!

Please DO NOT be put off with the price tag. Yes, there are the ironwork 3 for close to 170, but these are just as good!

The usual features are present and correct; raised heel, ventilation, laces and velcro for extra comfort.

I purchased the UK size 9.5 (Euro 44) which is what I normally wear and they are JUST nice with thick socks! so if you wear thick socks to weightlift, I would suggest you consider going half a size up!

All in all, a brilliant pair of shoes! Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously good weights shoes, 4 Dec 2011
At first I was sceptical when my son wanted these for his weights work in the gym. However, as he is now doing some serious weight room work as part of his overall athletics training whilst at college, I bought them for him. Whilst he could use cheaper shoes or just elevate his heels on other items, these Adidas shoes offer the support required to avoid the chance of injury. Although general online advice was to buy half size smaller, we didn't - and they fit perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lifting shoe, 12 Feb 2014
I would recommend this shoe to anyone who lifts (power and/or oly). It's a firm supportive shoe with a solid sole and raised heel which makes squats so much easier. Also for the olympic lifts, I've been much more confident and quicker under the bar because you can really be much more aggressive jumping under.
Because they're adidas, they're a slim fit as people have already noted, but they seem to be true to size. I ordered my normal shoe size and they fit perfectly.
Finally they're cheaper than the adipowers or Romaleos (and others maybe) and although I haven't tried those more expensive shoes, these Power Perfects have made such an improvement to my lifts and my training in general that I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.
(Also they look awesome)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it!, 27 Dec 2013
Amazing pair of shoes, at first i was a little uneasy about paying almost 100 for a pair of shoes just for lifting but they improved my form on both front and back squats and increased by lifts by around 10% on both. They helped to get me into the basics of olympic lifts and are very useful for all standing on your feet training! I've had them around 3 months now, using them around 3-4 times a week and they still look brand new. Would definately recommend for anyone who is on the fence about whether they are worth it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, 31 July 2013
O. Dairo (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adidas Power Perfect II Weightlift Shoes (Apparel)
The shoes are sturdy and really help with the squat. The sole is solid with a slightly raised heel that makes a big difference with your general squat technique as it helps you squat deep, keeping your back upright.
Would definitetly recommend for anyone trying to improve their lifts

5.0 out of 5 stars solid base for lifting, 10 Aug 2012
I used to squat, deadlift and do my other lifts wearing my running shoes. This was ok-ish for a while. Once I surpassed my bodyweight and began lifting a good portion more in my deadlift, wearing my running shoes with their soft, cushioned based was like standing on a matress. My ankles came inwards slightly during squats/deadlifts when the running shoes' sole gave in to the weight, which gave me a bad base to lift from to begin with.
When I started to learn the snatch / c&j I decided to invest in a proper pair of shoes. So far I don't regret it - my squat and deadlift have become much more solid now that my feet stand like rocks. I recommend these shoes.

A word of caution though: like others have pointed out, these shoes are for lifting. Not for running, not for walking to the gym. Due to the hard sole they are awkward to walk around much in. I only wear them when I do my lifts. For warming up, coming to the gym, cooling down and so on I still wear my running shoes or go bare-footed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Far too small, 9 July 2014
Fast delivery. Shoes at least half a size too small. Don't listen to the people that obviously only ever buy cheap shoes. I bought a size 6.5 due to the recommendations but these are probably a 5.5 and so don't fit. They are narrow too which probably doesn't help with the sizing. Otherwise they look nice.