5.0 out of 5 stars Good Instructions and works Great
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:34 Mins
Done the video showing what you get. Has worked really well for me, was moving the CPU from a dead motherboard to a new one. Cleaned up the old thermal paste easily, and applying the new thermal paste was easy. Full Instructions are on Artic Silvers website, worth a read even if you've done this before, I have but never heard of Tinting the Chip...
Published on 24 Jan 2012 by Alec

3.0 out of 5 stars Everything but...
Did not come with any Arctic 5 Paste, so now I have to buy some more.. Have to wait a few more days to get the computer build finished..
Published 6 months ago by Darren Winsper

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent package, 3 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Hillman Group 35049 Flat Head Phillips Wood Screw, 6 x 1 1/2-Inch, 100-Pack (DIY & Tools)
Bought this package to use on my new i7 4770k sytem I built, together with a Scythe Mugen 4 heatsink/fan (the most underrated sub £45 hsf, as it almost matches the much more expensive noctua NH-D14 while only using 1 fan). I have always used AS5 but never the 2 stage preparation system. All I can say is it does exactly what it says on the tin (or rather on the 2 bottles). You get plenty to use and could probably use it over dozen times as it only requires a few drops of each. In my case i used the cleaner on my old q6600 which had AS5 on for over 5 years and it cleaned off easily in less than a minute. I then applied the stage 2 which finishes cleaning off any residue left on the heat conductor plate, any excess liquid seems to evaporate to leave a clean finish ready for mounting. I also used a little stage 2 on my new heatsink just in case any residue was left on it from the protective film they apply to it to stop it getting scratched in transit. As it takes 200 hours for the AS5 to settle in I can't comment on its effectiveness but as I went into my bios to set it up it reported temps of 35 degrees which is pretty good for an i7 Haswell chip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is meant to do, 27 Mar 2013
Amazon Customer "Sussman" (London CA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
One product to clean up old 'contact past' and the other to give you 'fresh' paste to apply for good thermal contact. As mentioned in other reviews for best results tear up small strips of micro fibre to help do the job. Would also highly recommend that you check out how to use said products by watching the appropriate YouTube video. Good product that does the job well worth 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars My PS3 does not sound like it going to take off, 21 Oct 2014
I bought this to replace the paste on 1x laptop, 1x PS3 and 2x desktops. In every cases, the paste performing very well (there is a drop in temperature of 10 degree C on average).

My PS3 does not sound like it going to take off, my laptop does not burn my legs any more and both of my desktops are quieter (one was quiet to start with). When you clean your CPU or your heat sink, the anti-clean 1 smell lemon which is quiet good after you turn you PC ON.

The instructions are clear, simple and give you some tips. If you got to their website the pdf is very well done. If like me you have a lot of PCs/consoles then it a very good bargain (£10). So far I used it for 7 devices (3 PCs belonging to my family) and I still have plenty left.

I will gladly recommend this product cause of the quality and value for momey (as long as it's around £10).

5.0 out of 5 stars The Arctic Silver 5/ Articlean combo is fantastic. The tube is much smaller than I recall ..., 21 Oct 2014
H. M. Elhassan (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The Arctic Silver 5/ Articlean combo is fantastic. The tube is much smaller than I recall from prior purchases but 3.5grams is more than enough for few applications. I have now used this on: 1x i7-920, 1x Xeon X5670, 1x laptop i3-350M and an acompanying seperate nVidia graphic chipset. The instructions from the website are very clear. All chipsets are working well. The set in period is higher (200 hr) in comparison to their more expensive model Ceramec (25 hours), but I have already noticed a drop in all temperatures and the lapop can actually tolerate Prime95 for 10+ minutes (it used to switch off the moment I start the burn test). How do you improve something so great? hmm, by probably adding a small lint free cloth or a small plastic card for "tinting" the heatsink. Overall, great purchase and highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cooling issues sovled, 12 Oct 2014
My old Acer 8943g was suffering from the usual heat demons, and I decided to upgrade the compound by using this. I was hugely impressed; just a tiny glob of this on the CPU and heatsink make quite the difference, and I didn't experience major heat problems again. The cleaner was really easy to use and got rid of the old, pretty dire compound and squares the laptop came with without issue. I'd seriously recommend this to any tech-happy PC users looking for a good compound to use; maybe get 2 just to be on the safe side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 13 Oct 2014
The best thermal compound money can buy, always gives a drop of about 3-5 degrees C over stock and is easy to work with.

The cleaning solutions consistently work very well with minimal mess. Plus, who doesn't like the smell of limonene (solution 1)?

There's maybe 3-5 applications of goo in this package (depending on how much you like to use), so more than enough for a few test runs.

Summary: don't even consider any other brands.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for your cpu, 18 Aug 2014
amazing took my cpu temps down atleast 15c but hope you guys realise there is a burn in period after applying this paste, as you see affects streight away, it doesnt do itts full potential till about 200 hours after applying it, ( same with any other cooling paste)
but the cleaing equipment that comes with it works amazing :) would buy this again any day :)

ps not to use all the tube at once, its to last a few times :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 1 Aug 2014
Does exactly what it says on the tin, Removes and applies with ease, only a few drops required. Only complaint is that after the first use I still have two bottles that won't be used for anything anytime soon, in addition to thermal paste leftovers, but its always better to have more than barely enough

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy, 14 July 2014
Happy with this, no problems at all :)

4.0 out of 5 stars ... two of my computers and the are both working fine, 9 July 2014
I used this product on two of my computers and the are both working fine

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›