5.0 out of 5 stars sankey 38cm premier growarm 100
I bought this to help me with my seeds and it is a little gem although ive used my own variation on using it, the results were brilliant It is easy to use comes with 2 seed trays and capillary matting for me it was well worth the money and it is likely going to last a while if looked after i give this 5***** 10/10 and i am delighted with my purchase.
Published on 13 Dec 2011 by pippypops

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow grower
Not found it has made my plants grow any quicker over the last fortnight but perhaps I'm being too impatient!
Published 4 months ago by Claire Cox

5.0 out of 5 stars sankey 38cm premier growarm 100, 13 Dec 2011
This review is from: Sankey 38 cm Growarm 100 Propagator Kit (Garden & Outdoors)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value propagator, 17 April 2012
M. Evans (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
Having read the previous reviews I thought I'd give this propagator a try, given the reasonable price compared to others I'd seen. I was a little hesitant, wondering if the the price was too good to be true. Other similar models I'd seen were at least 10 more plus additional cost of p&p if bought online.

Tomato and sweet/chilli peppers germinated well so I returned to amazon and bought another two. Over the past two months I've germinated a range of seeds from imopea, datura, cuces and some bedding plants successfully. The propagators have already paid for themselves.

I originially thought not having a thermostat would limit what I could germinate, but even the seeds such as datura that can take months to germinate and also require a higher temperature, popped up within a week and are growing strong.

Shifting around so many seedlings meant I needed more trays than what was supplied, but again not a problem. I simply cut off the corners of half trays I already had. Bit of a tight squeeze but they did the job.

The service from Amazon was perfect as always. The invoice stated delivery would take 2wks but they all arrived within 4-5days.

I'd defnitely give this product 10/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kit, 26 Sep 2012
Bob (N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This is not a large propagator but I believe an ideal size for anyone interested in starting to grow from seeds or cuttings, temp can be controlled by simply keeping the mat wet, damp or dry. I purchased plug plant trays although I did have to trim a little to allow them to sit neatly into the probabgator, seeded up and instructions followed and a week later I now have lots of little plants growing happily in the warmth of this unit. I have had it on 24hrs a day during this time as the temp in the shed falls to 10 degrees at night, I think I will be adding a none heated propagator to my collection to transfer these plugs into once well established. It's a first for me to bring seedlings on this way so will be a learning curve but I am impressed so far and will experiment with cuttings at some stage. If your thinking of buying one I would recommend this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat, 4 Mar 2012
It's big enough, cheap enough and it works.

Ailsa Craig Tomato seeds took just 2.5 days to germinate. Cabbage seeds took 2 days. French marigolds 2 days. Chillies took longer - both Naga Jolokia and Joe's long Chilli 12 days but that's to be expected.

There is no on/off switch but not really needed - just unplug.

Soil temperature fairly consistent at around 23C if using damp seed compost - I tried some sandy potting compost and it went up to 30C (chilli seeds germinated in it though).

Delivery good.

4.0 out of 5 stars A greenhouse in your room!, 5 Sep 2012
CyberNik (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
An excellent choice to help you kickstart with seeds or cuttings, providing the necessary warm and humid enviroment that can boost growth and accelerate the sprouting of seeds. Not too big and yet not too small, with enough cable length to place it wherever you want . The small adjustable opening on top lets you regulate the humidity ,since you don't want to create a swamp inside your propagator.

My only complaints are mainly these 2 :
1)No on /off switch,you have to keep plugging/unplugging or use a timer plug, or a remote plug.
2)No thermostat, which means that if you are not carefull you could damage the seeds or cuttings from excess heat (it can very easily exceed 30 degrees in some cases-especially if you keep the ventilator closed and don't use the damp matting). My advice: experiment a little bit before you actually put anything in it, by placing a thermometer inside, to get an idea of the temperature range, under different conditions(daylight, ventilator open/closed, damp matting e.t.c.)

For its price, I'd say go for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 7 Feb 2012
So far I've had great results with this product. My tomatoes and Italian peppers have germinated really quickly. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sankey Growarm Propogator., 22 Mar 2011
I purchased this to assist with starting seeds with a warm bottom, and boy, did they grow well. In just a couple of days my tomatoes are through, and no doubt the peppers and geraniums won't be far behind. A great item to buy and use. Greenfingers DougalSankey 52 cm Premier Growarm 300

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Value @ 15.00, 5 April 2012
Colin R. Adams (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
Wow, works really well and made in the UK! Good results straight away, don't know why I didn't get one of these years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 24 Feb 2012
Mr. S. Hewitt (Norwich, England) - See all my reviews
Superb for the price. Growing herbs and chili's in my hydro setup and been struggling with germination. (I live in a flat!!)

"Real" hydro shops want nearly twice the amount which is bonkers.

Get the bottom unit which has a fixed temp. Thermometer I added inside indicates around 20 - 25c which is perfect. Little slider at the top to help control temp and humididity. Between main bottom unit lives a washable mat (soak up excess moisture) and comes with two plasic trays to sit on top. Not much point as I'm using rockwool but still a bonus.

Fully sealed - seems very safe and very easy to clean. Just perfect for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works well, 17 April 2012
H. Waite (England) - See all my reviews
I bought this item knowing Sankey was a good name to buy from.As i thought it turned out right.I have used it all the time since i bought it and have not even noticed any rise in my electricity bill.It is wellmade and should last years.

ARRAY(0xab9efcfc)