4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive performance on EOS 70D
Published 8 months ago by J. Gibson

2.0 out of 5 stars ... review on this item but that was concerning the terrible customer service from Amazon and delivery which they happily ...
I have already written a review on this item but that was concerning the terrible customer service from Amazon and delivery which they happily blamed on Citylink.

I have only given this battery two stars. Yes, it works but it doesn't stay charged for long and certainly not as good as the Canon original batteries I have owned. It does the job and is charged...
Published 2 months ago by S. Strawson

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive performance on EOS 70D, 16 July 2014
J. Gibson "Gibbo20XE" (Isle of Wight, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BAXXTAR PRO-ENERGY Battery for Canon LP-E6 with Chip technology - Intelligent battery system - for Canon (Electronics)
I recently purchased a Canon EOS 70D, and wanted a spare battery for use when I went to Silverstone for the F1 Grand Prix. I was camping for 5 nights, with a 3 day race ticket, so I was worried about running out of juice in the field. Shopping around I found lots of varying reports on different batteries not working with Canon chargers, not displaying remaining charge percentage, only working on older bodies etc. No such problems with this battery with my kit, I'm pleased to report. The Canon charger reported varying charge levels as it topped the Baxxtar up, I was able to register the battery on the camera, and it displays charge level seemingly accurately. I was impressed with the endurance too. I was shooting a mixture of snapshots around the campsite, over-the-head live view stuff in the pit lane, short video, and bursts of high speed stills with AI Servo autofocus on (and the Image Stabilliser on my EF-S 18-135 STM lens), and using the camera's WiFi to send photos to my phone, and I was able to take roughly (I still haven't sorted through the results yet) 1500-1600 stills over the Wednesday - Sunday lunchtime of the race weekend. The battery was still reporting around 9% charge just before the race was due to start, and probably would have lasted, but I swapped to the original battery at this point so I didn't miss any of the race.

All in all I'm very impressed with this battery and would have given 5*, but I've been a little conservative as it's only had one charge/discharge cycle so far. If it carries on working as well as it has so far, I wouldn't hesitate in awarding 5*.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fully compatible with Canon EOS 6D and LC-E6E charger, 8 May 2014
David Watson (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this battery after problems with a LP-E6 replacement battery from another third-party vendor. This battery is fully compatible with the Canon EOS 6D. The camera recognises the battery, gives no warning messages and correctly reports battery information via the menu and on the top plate. It is also fully compatible with the Canon LC-E6E charger that comes with the 6D. The charger correctly indicates charging progress and the LED turns green when charging is complete. In use, this battery is no different from the official Canon battery but costs only one third. It makes for a great backup battery and I would have no hesitation in buying another. I even like the fact that it's red. Other third-party batteries try to imitate the look of the original and this can be confusing - I like the fact that this is clearly different and not pretending to be something it's not. But best of all, I like the fact that it just works as advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does not pretend to be a Canon brand battery., 13 Dec. 2013
D. Darby "Chapterman" (London) - See all my reviews
This battery does not pretend to be a Canon product but does by and large what a genuine Canon battery does. Charges in the Canon charger, indicates charge rate on the an EOS 60D camera the only thing you cannot do is to register it on the camera.
Since it arrived and I charged it I have taken over 60 photos and is still 75% full. Best of all it is a fraction of the price of a genuine or fake Canon battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like the Canon one, 29 Oct. 2013
After 6 month of switching between this one and the Canon one, I cant tell the difference between the 2.
Some after market battery are not working with the 6D, but this one is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fully working with Canon 6D, 15 Aug. 2013
Works 100% and gives full details on charge level when in the camera and also with original Canon charger. Fully compatible as described.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good so far, 4 Feb. 2014
J. Davies "Jeff" (Staffs Moorlands) - See all my reviews
Just received with intent to use it as my backup battery for my Canon 7D.

Good so far: charges ok in charger, fits smoothly (heard of some makes jamming); and works in the camera including being recognised as an LP-E6 in Battery Info in the camera menu.

Handy that it's red so not mistakable for the Canon battery - helps to recognise which has the full charge when handling

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to see in the bag!, 23 Mar. 2014
Arrived quickly and so far (I've only charged them and stuck them in the camera to make sure they work) they seem to do as advertised. On my 7D they show the battery info - % charge, shots, recharge performance - and allow the battery to be registered with the camera.

Not had a chance to see how long they last yet so will keep an eye on it as I go. The red colour is great too. Makes them stand out in the camera bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good battery, 1 May 2014
Mrs. C. M. Davies "Christina" (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
Great battery, I prefer using these to the actual canon battery. They last a long time and have proved to be a great little battery for my 70D so far. Great little product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baxxtar Pro-Energy Battery, 1 July 2014
Mr. Js Cumberbatch (England) - See all my reviews
Distinctive colour which saves getting batteries mixed up. One criticism it the clever idea of a window in the clip-on cover through which you can see the base of the battery, red needs charging, green fully charged - except they didn't bother to put the red and green swatches on the underside of the battery. OK easily fixed with some small stickers bur it would have been nice if they.....

5.0 out of 5 stars A good alternative to regular Canon batteries., 26 Feb. 2014
N. Anderson (UK) - See all my reviews
At about half the price if the Canon batteries these are good value but it is still considerably more than the cheapest options out there. The batteries charge and operate as well as the originals and the camera (5DIII) recognises and registers them giving charge performance and shutter count etc. Early days yet but they appear to perform as well as my Canon originals.