5.0 out of 5 stars Like a Giant Sock for your Kindle
Published on 9 Feb. 2011 by Jack Percival

2.0 out of 5 stars Wildly overpriced
Charging £17+ for a glorified sock is a bit cheeky really. Whilst the knitted design is kind of cute, it's a very disappointing item for the price. It's highly unlikely to protect a Kindle from scratches, let alone anything more serious. I would be reluctant to take my Kindle out of the house if it had to rely on this for protection.

I made the mistake of...
Published on 24 Jan. 2011 by kestobetsy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a Giant Sock for your Kindle, 9 Feb. 2011
Jack Percival (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Belkin Knit Sleeve for Kindle in Navy Blue (Accessory)
When comparing this item to the other covers available I was dubious of the quality and the protection that this would give my Kindle, due to the lower price. Whilst it isn't leather and doesn't have a light, its a thicker, more protecting version of the iPod socks that Apple produced for their products. The sleeve itself is a little long, but is well elasticated so it hugs the unit effectively. If your looking for an funky, cheaper alternative to some of the more expensive covers available look no further than this sleeve for protection, fashion and functionality combined.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wildly overpriced, 24 Jan. 2011

I made the mistake of searching for Kindle sleeves in the Kindle department on Amazon which brings up a very limited choice of very overpriced products. As a result, I bought this in a panic thinking there wasn't much else out there. I have since found that there are much better sleeves and covers available, far cheaper and offering much better protection.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant sleeve, 24 Mar. 2011
The kindle stays in very well,can't slid out.It's thick enough to protect it.Excellent product, can't fault it in any way.

2.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, 27 Jan. 2011
Andrew "impulsive gadget buyer" - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I agree with the other reviewer. I bought this item as a snazzy cover for the wife's kindle and indeed it does look ok. However I think the current price is far too much for it and the price/product underwhelmed me! I think this should be more around the ten pound mark at best tbh. As a cover just for keeping dust off your kindle around the house it is ok. It would offer absolutely no protection out and about and so people must consider this when buying. If you need something to keep your Kindle safe stay away from this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Knitted Kindle Sleve, 20 April 2011
Aeg Sole - See all my reviews
The Belkin Knitted Sleeve is great,it gives the Kindle plenty of protection,its thick and robust.Good to take out with you and very handy in the car.I can just pop my Kindle in it and dont have to worry about it untill i need it.Also very good for storage in the house,10 out of 10 it does what it says on the packet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle sleeve, 1 April 2011
I wanted something to protect my Kindle without spending a fortune. many of the covers on sale are quite expensive and rather fancy. When this one arrived, it looked a bit like a sock! However, it is absolutely great. The Kindle fits snugly inside and the cover does not add weight. A really good value buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the sleeve - less smitten with the size/length, 9 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Belkin Knit Sleeve for Kindle in Navy Blue (Accessory)
I waited weeks for the delivery of this particular cover (a Belkin issue rather than Amazon one I understand) and I love the way it looks i.e. colourful and not rat race black/brown/grey.

I was a bit disappointed with the size as it is about 4cm longer than the length of the new Kindles - maybe the length has a purpose but (a) I don't know what it is and (b) I don't like it!

I tend to disagree a bit with the previous two reviewers as I do believe it protects the Kindle from handbag/briefcase/pocket type scratches. I don't think it likely to save the Kindle from a drop from a great height but then what case light enough to cart about with you would?

It is overpriced but that again, is a Belkin issue not an Amazon one - like it or not we're probably paying for the name. Either way, it is exactly as it looks on the picture so I knew what I was getting for my money when I made my choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Belkin Knitted Sleeve, 10 Oct. 2011
Ms. K. Ahmad "Kuv" (UK) - See all my reviews
Lovely purple colour, a little bit stiff to get in and out but you get used to it quite easily. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light weight and stylish, 22 May 2011
W. Giaccaglia (London) - See all my reviews
I bought this because I had bought the leather cover and found it to be too heavy when lugging it around day-to-day. This is very light weight and protects my precious kindle. I gave my leather one away to someone I converted to Kindle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits like a...sleeve, 19 Mar. 2011
Gavin Reid (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Belkin Knit Sleeve for Kindle in Navy Blue (Accessory)
Does exactly what I expected...it's a sleeve!

Has a good tight neck so that the Kindle goes in, but doesn't then fall out or end up uncovered because the sleeve's moved in your bag or wherever.

It's got a good thickness and is double-layered so again has good padding protection.

So don't know how much more to say apart from...it's a great sleeve :-)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›