4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good machine for the price
I recently bought one of these to use as a cheap HTPC. While the base specs are not great, with a few upgrades you'd have a pretty decent PC considering the price.

Published 22 months ago by S. Ahmed

3.0 out of 5 stars Dell Optiplex
Published on 29 Oct. 2011 by LB

3.0 out of 5 stars Dell Optiplex, 29 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Dell Optiplex 745 SFF Desktop PC Computer, Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2x 2.13 GHz, 2GB RAM Memory, 500GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD-RW Combo drive, Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 preinstalled
It's ok for the money but it doesn't have a card reader, the on board graphics card is rubbish and doesn't play some of the games our even older computer played but most of all it is not the model in the picture which is a normal tower, the one we recieved is a small format tower which makes any upgrades more difficult, if you are going to post a picture of something you are selling then make sure it is what you are going to send out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good machine for the price, 3 Jun. 2013
S. Ahmed (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews

The first upgrade I made was replacing the two 1GB RAM sticks with four 2GB sticks giving me a total of 8GB of RAM. I then paid £20 and replaced the Intel Core 2 duo e6400 with a slightly faster e6600. Finally I paid around £46 and added a Radeon HD 6570 low-profile graphics card. I've been running the machine with these specs for a couple of months now and haven't run into any BSOD or overheating issues. The PC is also extremely quite even with the graphics card running.

Also, in response to the reviewer who complained about the PC not having a Card reader, you can easily purchase a 3.5" internal Card reader for around £10-£15 and install it in the spot underneath DVD drive.

Overall for the price I paid (around £200 including upgrades), I would recommend this to anyone interested in purchasing a cheap, quiet and fairly small PC for entertainment, light-gaming (can run skyrim on medium at 60+fps), or just general Home/office use.

3.0 out of 5 stars Challenger, 17 Feb. 2012
While it does have a good amount of memory and hard disk space it is highly unsuitable for gaming thanks to an unsuitable gaming card, it also suffers from the blue screen of death, which is a pain in the arse. My advice? There are better models out there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great office computer - but not for gaming, 28 Aug. 2013
Hi everyone,

I have some of these computers for office use, i.e internet, office utilities and so on ... (everything apart gaming)

True, this is not intended for gaming (but an half height PCI-X graphic card may be used, indeed), but is great for all other things (for gaming, I have a PS3 ;-) Output is in VGA, but for those using DVI, a 2nd hand PCI-X to DVI card adapter can be used, and sold often around £4.

My config (different than advertized): W7 x64, 4Gb RAM, Intel E6600, HDD Caviar blue 500Gb. W7 score: 3.7 (bad side is obviously graphics, else processor, RAM and HDD score between 5 and 5.5)

Tested also on W8, works fine too (power on and power off are really fast), no driver issue too, but W8 itsef is a nightmare ;-) So, I use them on W7 x64 only, and I don't intend to replace them soon!

Great little cheap machine, works flawlessly on W7, absolutely no driver issue. And form factor, SFF is a must, made them suitable everywhere, being small enough to remain unnoticed.

Ah, last but not least: they are quite silent, wich is priceless when spending hours on a computer (I even have a GX620 that is even less noisy - it don't have a fan under HDD by design. This one is soooo silent that it happens often that I leave it powered since I don't hear it - I live in a very quiet area ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 22 April 2013
This is a nice very fast machine, the company was excellent, we needed the PC by a certain date and we got it well before that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 1 Mar. 2013
Works fine, quality product. would recommend it .. .. .. .. .. . .. .. .. .. . . .

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the price, 14 Jan. 2013
pc (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
I like Dell Poducts that is the reson why i bought it, I chose the rating and give it 4 stars because it is not perfect the only dislikes is the size it is a bit bulky