5.0 out of 5 stars They are the Guitar Gangsters!
Ok so I may be a bit behind with this one, given the album was released a few years ago, but when I saw the other review here I felt compelled to write a review of my own.

Published on 18 July 2011 by M. Farley

3.0 out of 5 stars Offbeat
Published 28 days ago by Stephen Davies

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars They are the Guitar Gangsters!, 18 July 2011
M. Farley - See all my reviews

Quite simply this is one of the best albums I have heard in recent years, there are so many stand out tracks on this album which have become a staple of their live shows that it is hard to pinpoint any one song. Although I would like to give special mention to Still Counting, (which is not a "reggae song" as the other review states) but is an amazing mid tempo number that starts off with a fantastic vocal, (which is amazing when performed live, with the crowd singing back every word) before kicking the tempo up a notch for the remainder of the song.

The vocals as with all of Volbeat's albums to date are brilliant, he really has one of the most distinct voices in modern rock, which when combined with the distinct sound of Volbeat combines to make one of the most unique bands, which to describe is definitely rock/metal but with the odd tinge of country and psycho-billy, which when put together creates an amazing combination of up-tempo rocks songs with great riffs and brilliant lyrics which you can sing along too (it's not often you can say that about metal bands today).

I cannot recommend this band highly enough, if you purchase this album and like what you hear then purchase there other 3 as well as you will not be disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!, 2 Sept. 2013
J. Henry (UK) - See all my reviews
What can I say......Volbeat are just the best band I have heard for many many years. I am captivated by all of their albums. Strong, melodic, heavy, just amazing. How Metallica should have been, or how I hoped they would be when Death Magnetic came out.
I can't get enough of them. Thanks Planet Rock!

5.0 out of 5 stars volbeat, 10 Dec. 2013
i bought this because i heard "lola montez" on planet rock. this is by far the best new (to me) group in 2013. i had a very good cd collection which has now been made even better by 3 volbeat albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant album., 11 Dec. 2013
just got in to volbeat, third album I have bought all excelent.Dont know how Ive not heard of them till now.

3.0 out of 5 stars Offbeat, 31 Jan. 2015
I bought the latest Volbeat album and have been working my way backward, and this is the webut akest of the three I have so far bought. Don't get me wrong, this is not a bad album, but rating it alongside outlaw gentlemen and shady ladies and beyond hell, above heaven it trails in a distant third. Clearly Volbeat are a massive band capable of class albums (outlaw gentlemen & shady ladies) and excellent performances whether they be live or in studio performances, but I cannot get excited about this release. It started promisingly enough with the title track on through "Maybelline" but seemed to stutter after that, even down to a rather drab cover of the Misfits "Still Counting". This is an album of two halves: unfortunately the second half is merely okay. Trust me: I've heard their later releases and they are a hell of a lot better than this and many a band would cut their arm off to release an album of this quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality music, 21 Aug. 2013
I first discovered Volbeat when I heard Lola Montez on a rock radio station. I decided to look into them more and discovered their back catalogue. From there I bought Guitar Gangsters And Cadillac Blood. WHAT AN ALBUM! There isn't a single 'bad' track.

If you're into the Classic Rock bands (AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Metallica) Get this bought, you won't be disappointed

4.0 out of 5 stars Guitar Gangsters And Cadillac Blood, 22 Aug. 2013
J. R. Wilde "eclecticJez" (Herfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
A good, easy to listen to album. Also a fair introduction to what seems to be a less metal, more melody VolBeat - at first (if you're new to the band) the vocals may have a faintly annoying quality - this isn't a critique of the vocals but of the similarity of vocal style on the different tracks - bear with it, believe me, it grows on you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood (Limited Edition) (MP3 Download)
Particularly like Mabelyne and Still Counting - would definitely recommend giving it a try and even better seeing them live

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 May 2014
Brilliant! Just discovered this group and they are amazing! I've bought all their CDs and mp3s too. Can't wait to go and see them live!

5.0 out of 5 stars VOLtage & Beat, 11 Jan. 2014
not going to spend time rambling on . just going to say "how the hell have I let 4 albums+ slip by without catching onto these guys."
I have now bought 4 albums and they are REDICULOUSLY good .
Rock & Roll music with a individuality that is awesome.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›