Format: DVD|Change
Price:£6.58+ £1.26 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on 29 February 2012
Where to start?
This is a superb anime that i would rate right up there with any blockbuster movie or tv series.
If you like conspiracy theories, intricate plots and superb animation then this is gold dust!
I'm a big fan of "Perfect Blue", "Ghost in the Shell" and "Baccano" if you also like them then get this as well. I have read a few reviews that say its "too short" and that it "doesn't explain anything"...yeah at the end of the series there are a lot of unanswered questions but there are 2 more films that follow on from there that wrap things up quite nicely, It's like complaining at the end of the first "Matrix" or "empire strikes back" that the story wasn't finished, some times you have to have patience and all will come good in the end.
A sign of a good anime (i think) is the opening titles, some of my favourites are "Cowboy Bepop" (what a tune!) and "Paranoia Agent". E.O.T.E's may seem confusing at first but after afew episodes the images start to make sense and there are even little clues as to whats going on.
I hate long reviews so i shall wrap up now, this is pretty much faultless, good story, animation and characters. I would recommend to anyone (over 15).
VINE VOICEon 10 December 2010
While on a holiday in America, Saki Morimi encounters a naked man in front of the White House with no memory and holding a gun and a phone. Saki and the man, Akira Takizawa, then return to Japan where Akira plans to find out who he is, why he has a phone that can get anything done and how he is involved with a number of strange occurrences such as a missile attack on Japan and the disappearance of twenty thousand people.

This two disc set includes all eleven episodes of the `Eden of the East' anime and I must say that it is probably one of the best series that I have seen in a while. The plot is complicated but very interesting with some very nice developments as the series continues and includes some nice humour here and there as well. The English dub is good and the characters are all interesting and likable.

If the series has a problem it is that the mixture of CGI and traditional animation doesn't really gel in places and the ending leaves some things still hanging but these are minor problems and the general quality of the plot itself more than makes up for them.

As well as this series there are also apparently a number of `Eden of the East' movies which I hope will be released in the near future as this series is truly excellent.
on 5 November 2011
I came across this in my Amazon Recommendations, and has been in my basket for ages!!! But I went ahead and brought it which i'm glad I did! I cant believe how good it is. It has a good plot, refrences a few American films, which I wasnt expecting, and the characters are strong! Also the opening and closing songs are good especially the scene/credits which was motion animated (i think thats what its called) out of paper! Ace!
Only sad thing about it was....the episodes are too short, has a cliffhanger at the end of the series (but which normal TV/Anime etc series doesnt) and theres not enough of episodes!! I'm sure theres a film version or something coming out soon, so hopefully we should find out a little more and seee how far the series can go. Anyway I'm very very glad I brought this to add to my anime collection, I really enjoyed it and will be watching it again!!
on 18 September 2011
A truly thrilling anime that grabs you from the word go and leaves you guessing till the end.It's beutifully drawn so is worth buying on Blu-ray and is for a more mature veiwer who doesn't want to be patronised content wise. All in all a magnificent production that trancends cultural barriers.
on 11 May 2016
Created by the team behind the excellent Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex series
It has everything I love to see in an anime a captivating story with mysteries, great voice work and every character is fully fleshed out thoughout the whole saga.
With the price so low as it is you would be foolish to ignore this gem
on 29 April 2014
Fantastic Series! The Eden of the East series and movies are always a good choice to watch, and the Blu Ray Collection doesnt disappoint, with all the special features, hi res imagery and fashionable box, this is a must buy for any fan of the show, or anime in general
on 5 June 2014
I liked the series and both of the films. I thought the story was rather good and the animation to par with my expectations.
on 24 June 2015
Bought for a good price, not watched them all but ever since visiting Japan I like anything that reminds me of being there.
on 5 April 2011
I just loved this series. It is well drawn, the characters are appealing and interesting and the plot is really cool and unusual. I found it exciting until the end and wished it would go on much longer. In the bonus material the character designer revealed that she gave the main character the attributes of what she finds attractive and desireable in men, and I simply agree with her. So my message is: female anime fans, get this Box set and enjoy - he is a cool guy! I haven't seen a nicer anime in a while and will definitively watch it again.
on 9 June 2015
Great film and series love ot also got the product quickly and well packaged.