Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 18 August 2010
After reading previous review wasnt expecting too much, but bike is okay for the money,the finish on the alloy forks is down right shoddy,with ragged edges which would easily cut bare flesh to the bone.Have filed this down with a good file and is fine now.

Bike is moderately heavy, alloy wheels,quick release front wheel and saddle, cant quite work out why this is here though,as for the saddle its a real razor job, will be investing in a new one pretty soon before i walk like john wayne.

Front suspension is good, rear suspension good also, tyres good, mudguards good, gears good, disc brakes excellent, did have to adjust front ones before using.

Assembly wise it took approx 15 mins to remove from box and build, all tools provided in box, to adjust brake discs you will have to have a 5mm allen key(not included).

You will have to buy a pump to inflate your tyres though,have used it for 3 days now and overall its good value for money.
I'm 5' 10 and have no probs height wise on it.

I feel 4 out of 5 is fair due mainly to the shoddy finish of the forks, otherwise this is a fine bike which has 21 gears and so far has coped remarkably well with all i've thrown at it.

I would buy it again
on 24 August 2010
Ok first let me start off by saying I didn't buy from Amazon but instead through a friend for £20 in a used condition. For the listed amazon price this bike a well priced and you will get for what you are paying for.

The bike itself is heavy but this is useful downhill when off road but not so useful for communting. Brakes are good, suspension was fine on mine but not sure if previous owner did anything to rectify the mentioned shabby work. Seat is as described not too comfy but bearable after you get used to it. Shifters are not too great and regularly need sorting but that can be sorted with new shifters if needed. Build quality is good for the money. Overall I would say good bike for the leisure cyclist who doesnt want to spend a fortune on a bike that may get nicked.

My main use is riding with the dog and for that it is perfect acceptable.
on 25 June 2013
Well let's just start by telling you I would personally buy this bike
I was looking for a new bike when I saw my neighbour having a clear out and was going to chuck one of these out for scrap as he couldn't be bothered to do the work needed
I've only had it a day and took it out only for a short ride at that time I only had the front brake and no gears as the useless grip shifters had broke I would upgrade them anyway but even after the bike has sat in his shed for the past 7/8 months all I've had to do is oil chain and suspension and front brake cable pump tyres up change back brake cable tighten pedal arm and its like a new bike just goes to show I don't know why some people are saying its shoddy even after its had some abuse then sat for months its only took half hour to get it back to a perfectly working bike
on 3 January 2014
Don't expect a fantastic mountain bike for just over £150! However, what you do get is perfectly reasonable. The claimed Shimano gears is slightly inaccurate, as the only genuine Shimano part is the rear derailleur - the rest is a Chinese SunRun copy. In fact, apart from a couple of Korean bits and Swiss wheel rims - much of the equipment is Chinese. The packaging states that the bike was "made" in Turkey - and, apart from the frame - "assembled" would be more accurate. WARNING: the front forks are only designed for trail and leisure use (a sticker on the forks states this), NOT serious downhill or heavy use. These, like many other parts on the bike, can be changed for something more suitable. The high tensile steel frame does mean that the bike is on the heavy side, but with gradual replacement of various parts, the weight can be reduced.

My old - life expired (1995 vintage) - high tensile steel, rigid frame MTB (also manufactured by the same group of companies), evolved over the years, and I intend to do the same with this one. It's a ride-able starting point - but it won't resemble its current form for long. I haven't bothered with the mud-guards as they're an unnecessary addition, and easily liable to damage. I can't comment on other reports of parts being damaged or missing, as this was not the case with my purchase.

This bike is fine for road and smoother trail use, so is ideal for those with families who do not intend to do any serious rough terrain cycling. As the title says "you get what you pay for..."
on 24 March 2014
This bike came with a problem. I couldn't fit the front wheel after many attempts Finally I took it to a bike shop and they told me that there was definitely a problem with it and that it wasn't worth the trouble and I should get my money back. The front tyre is supposed to be easy fit. For this bike that wasn't true. If it was working its not bad value for money.
on 20 November 2013
top perfect condition when delivered and easy to part assemble .just had to tweak the gears slightly .and a real money saver
on 5 September 2010
For the money this bike was good , it's a little heavy so not much good for serious off road .I change the tyres from off to slicks which improved the performance on road no end .
on 20 June 2014
I usually buy a new bike every 2 years as I wear them out. I usually buy a £300-£400 bike from my local bike shop. This time I decided to give Amazon a go as this bike has all the specs I was looking for front and back suspension as well as disk brakes. At the same time half the price of my local bike shop.

Since the day I assemble this bike it has been nothing but trouble, the front forks squeak constantly, (WD-40 Dose quieten the squeak for a few days)
The frame is very heavy but what do you expect for £150.

But after 3 months the Front Disk Brake Broke away from the wheel, this has never happened on any bike I have ever had, I really wasn’t expecting much from a £150 bike but I don’t expect the brakes to be the first part that fails. Normally I wear the bearings out on the pedals that that’s after 2 years of Constance use .

Very cheaply made in this case you definitely get what you pay for. CHEEP CRAP!!!!!!

If you are looking for cheep bike don’t buy this one.
on 9 September 2014
I found out the breaks does not work as soon as i bought it. I had to replace the front breaks. The back wheel since the break disc is broken. Only used it three times. Very disappointed.
on 28 March 2014
I like this bike by its style and some particular functions such as dual suspension, disc brakes, light weight... In general, it's a good bike as the transmission system work very smoothly and the suspension system works very well on rough roads. I recommend using this bike as a daily use bike in the city for moving from place to place and exercises because I think it's probably not a type of bike that could be use in extreme and professional riding style or mountain road condition. One very big downside though is the noise from the front brake disc due to the the not very good assemble quality. A better adjust could help to improve this problem. :)