TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 January 2015
This is my first laser level, though I had been thinking of trying one for some time. A lightning deal offer convinced me to give this one a go and I am glad I did.

Using it is just so simple - pop the AA batterys in, sit in on something reasonable flat and it self levels instantly giving a simple choice of horizontal and vertical lines projected where you want, including on to all four walls at the same time.

Other reviewers are spot on (or laser line on...?!) that this really needs indoor use to see the line very clearly but in its defence it showed up well enough in a south facing room with a large window for me...

The great benefit of this model over cheaper ones in the Bosch range is that is sends out a 360 degree beam. Across a room 4 metres (12 feet) square, we were able to put this in the middle of the room and mark out all four walls easily and at once in a matter of minutes to level a floor. Brilliant - this alone probably saved us over an hour marking out with a water level, and saved the checking and re-checking that would have been necessary with a single direction laser level. If though you do not need this function then something like the Bosch PCL10, which includes a tripod, for about £82 might be better value.

Due to user error (me!) in not unpacking this properly, it was only when I went to recycle the packaging that I realised that I had missed that it comes with batterys (I put my own in), a small stand and a case, though the case is only big enough for the level itself, not the stand which seems a bit odd. This model does not come with a tripod though; Bosch ones start at £32 (and go up to nearly £200!) but for an occasional user like me any budget camera tripod is fine - the base of the laser has a standard tripod/camera fitting. In order to place the horizontal line where you want it, for example in tiling, this will be an essential extra purchase.

At the lightning deal price this really deserves 5 stars, but at the typical Amazon price it gets a solid 4 stars. Do please note that this is really an indoor use item only though except in low light conditions outside.

A really useful addition to the tool kit and a big timesaver for flooring, tiling, and studwork. Recommended.
on 26 May 2011
Just bought one of these ahead of a kitchen and bathroom tiling job. The unit lasted over 4 days of constant use with no visible reduction in laser intensity and was still going strong at the end. Nice rubberised edges to protect it from knocks. The on/off switch was a little on the stiff side to operate and the floor to ceiling mounting pole (purchased separately), while useful, was a little awkward to use when adjusting heights.

Having the full 360 degree horizontal laser line was very handy for four wall tiling giving great confidence that all the tiles would line up precisely throughout. It was a great aid to laying out and ensured that there were no time-consuming tiny tile cuts. The laser was strong too, even in quite bright sunlight indoors and quickly re-established an accurate line when knocked or bumped.

It has one 360 degree horizontal line and one vertical line (not quite 180 degree spread, but good enough to cover a whole wall with parts of the floor and ceiling too). It doesn't have a plumb or spot laser feature. The latter arguably useful for outdoors where a concentrated laser spot is more visible and covers greater distances.

All in all.. if you're doing a fair amount of tiling, then this is a time-saver and a tool that will increase the quality of the work you do at the same time.
on 5 October 2012
I had been looking at laser levels for a while for general everyday use. I didn't expect to use it that much to justify a professional grade model but wanted something that would perform well so paid more than a budget type. I am disappointed that the laser is so weak and if you have any plans for outdoor work or even working in sunny rooms, i wouldn't waste your time on this.
on 23 December 2014
If you have ever struggled to get anything level. Whether that be skirting or a curtain pole or a ro of picture frames or anything else that needs a level line, buy one of these. So easy to use and no struggling with spirit level and pencil. The vertical line is also a great help. Would be very useful when papering a wall. When I think of all time I have wasted using a spirit level I cring.
on 23 February 2015
Not sure how I've survived without one of these! Have used this to fit surround speakers, line up in ceiling speakers, centre a TV bracket on a wall.
Very easy to use, quite powerful even in light, though better when not too bright.
Could be a 5* product if it could shine a vertical light as well. i.e. point directly up to the ceiling from the floor.
on 28 October 2012
I've just done a whole bathroom in 600mmx300mm porcelain tiles with 2mm grout line and the alignment needed to be spot on. The Bosch PLL360 made this job simple and easy without the need to mark initial V and H lines. The accuracy of this tool was adequately demonstrated in that all the tiles went into place easily and square to each other in a brick pattern. The tool was invaluable to ensure the vertical "brick" lines were maintained between alternate layers. I also used the tool to align the floor lines with the wall! The small stand supplied allowed the alignment of the floor lines and the initial floor level wall tiles. The result was the best tiling I have ever done! I liked the fact that the tool only generated the lines when it was level enough on its mount. The laser swings about when adjusting height or vertical position, but settles fairly quickly and it can also swing about depending on the flexibility of the floor or mounting surface. But I did not find this too much of a problem. I look forward to my next project with this tool! I completed the whole bathroom well within the life of one set of batteries by using the tool for initial alignment, whilst tiling and when setting the start of each of the 4 walls. Great bit of kit and a reasonable price for what it does!
on 22 April 2012
I bought this to use frofessionally and home use. Before I bought it I borrowed a friends Hilti level, but on the odd occasion I couldn't because he was using it, so I thought I'd get one of my own. All I needed was about an all round range of 10 metres, this one dose it easily with a good clear mark on my stave. I would like to comment on what it is like outside in bright sunlight, but I haven't used it outside yet, although I am going to have to as I want to put pond in my garden. So watch this space.
on 27 October 2013
The 360 mark up was a such a life saver in the installation of my kitchen ,sat in the middle of room and I marked up the lines in minutes.That was it ,no messing ,no moving ,the self levelling is brilliant and settles down very fast disturbance.
Buy it ,use it and love it
on 21 June 2014
Brilliant product used for laying new floor joists in an old property where a complete rebuild was required. 100 % satisfied.
Would highly recommend this product.
on 21 May 2014
After spending ages justifying reasons to purchase a laser level to help with my work ( electrician ) I was disappointed to find that the laser output is barely visible in normal light conditions on a white ceiling at 3 mtrs, and the beam doesn't go up far enough to put a line from one end of a ceiling to the other with the level up against a wall, after trying to use it today I gave up and resorted to the old methods of string!!!