on 31 May 2011
These pegs were great used them at Eastbourne which has some very hard groung to say the least and these pegs had no trouble at all.
plus i would like to add they did not come in the plastic box displayed in the picture but rather a handy strong material bag which was much better.
on 17 June 2011
Used them on the leaders tent at camp this year. Looked like a little set of landing lights all round the tent. Certainly a talking point with the kids and it kept them away from the guy ropes.
on 8 June 2011
Well, this wasn't what I thought I'd ordered but that was my fault and anyway, I'm well pleased with them. They glow in the dark so you don't trip over them or the guy ropes and the spiral makes them unlikely to pull out accidentally. The plastic hook seams robust and has a decent hook for the guy rope and a smaller hook for pulling them out with one of those peg pullers.
As it happens, they were delivered in a zipped bag rather than the plastic box illustrated and for my money, this is easier to pack and much more compact to I'm quids in all round so I hope they review the illustration. That might normally get a reduced rating but I'm well pleased with the product and the zipped bag so five stars.
During a recent camping trip I had a bad experience with pegs. My pegs that came with the tent had only been used a few times but they had already got to the point where they were bent and difficult to re-use. So I got a variety of new pegs. (See all my reviews for the tent Pegs) I got the glow in the Dark Pegs which were a little disappointing as they are not really visible when it’s properly dark. There’s a faint glow but you need to know they are there. I got the Hard Ground pegs and they could tether down a horse so top marks for them. Lastly I got some decent new after market pegs and they were really well made and did the job just fine. I have to say I get a little bit annoyed with tent manufacturers. Sure if you’re selling a 20 quid tent that gets tossed after the festival then I understand the cheap pegs, but if you buy a £400 tent then why skimp on rubbish pegs. The pegs I have were a little more expensive but they do a great job and I’m glad to have them. Buy these and save yourself years of bendy rubbish pegs.
on 9 August 2012
Arrived very quickly in a strudy plastic box. They do as it says on the tin - glow in the dark. Just what I was looking for to go with the flourescent guy ropes for the caravan awnings.
on 10 August 2015
Hmm. These seem like a solid piece of kit but…

The ground we were pitching on was hard enough to bend a 'normal' tent peg when hammering it in. These went in well with some good wallops with a dead-blow mallet. The downer came when coming to pull them up. Using a tent per extractor hooked through the handy eyelet, one particularly stubborn peg saw the extractor rip through the plastic eyelet with one good pull; the hook on the other side faired no better, bending under the strain. So, a tough peg; not so tough peg tops.
50% convinced on the 'glowing in the dark'. You could see some glow in the dead of night after a day's bright sunshine, but not a massive amount. Any ambient night light - quite likely on a commercial campsite - may mask the benefits, but in a truly dark setting these might be more revealing (if sufficiently 'charged' first).
on 24 September 2013
Having bent half of my steel basic pegs this summer trying to get them into dry ground, these are so much tougher. And the glow in the dark tops might stop people tripping on them.
on 27 June 2014
What can I say, they hold the tent down well, but I have not yet seen one glow in the dark. So really make sure you have a torch so that you don't trip!!!!!
on 7 July 2014
Love these, great quality and a super sturdy case to keep them in also. Looking forward to testing these out camping this year.
on 23 August 2015
Great product, used them for a 4 day camping trip. These are great for hard ground and we had no issues using them, a pegs a peg but I was glad we had the security of using decent pegs on my guy ropes, a bit overkill maybe but I knew that my tent was going nowhere if the winds did hit! I recommend buying a tent peg extractor, and the lack of star is the glow in the dark heads don't glow in the dark but still a great product.