on 23 February 2011
Just received a printer HP 6500A Officejet. After installation, realized that the printer does not support wireless communication. Although at Amazon's website it was advertised as having wireless feature(+ the sticker on the printer also showed a wireless mark). Moreover a cord which connects computer and a printer is also missing from the pack. I am extremely disappointed and would like to return this printer asap.
on 15 April 2012
I have not had this machine too long nor have I used it a whole lot. I need the fax to send in payment contracts for my business about 10 times per month. After about three months the fax just stopped working with different error messages each time. The hp support was not helpful so now I use it just to print. As I type this I have been waiting 5 minutes for one page to print after I printed 10 previous. looks like I am off to buy another fax and printer. This is my second hp that has given me problems, I will not buy a third
on 20 July 2011
Despite what is said in the advert this printer does not have a duplex facility. There is an expansion option for duplex, but even if you fit the duplex accessory it will not work. A shoddy bit of design/manufacturing work by HP and some very dubious advertising.

My recommendation is go to the HP website rather than trusting re-sellers adverts and still be cautious. The HP website is muddled and descriptions confused so unless it is 100% clear that the features you want are present, on the specific model you are looking at, it is best to assume the worst and look at a different model/manufacturer.
on 8 April 2013
Well more reliable than the previous derivation of the model which lasted 18 months... Had to have a printer that took the same cartridges as I had £90 worth of genuine cartridges when the other one died! Love the touch screen... :)
on 1 September 2011
Printer expected to have duplex printing and wireless as standard, but it doesn't.
Fairly easy to install, but ink covers didn't peel off properly, and the black didn't work. Amazon passed the buck to HP, whose helpful system resulted in them telling me that the ink didn't work! Back to Amazon, whose solution was to send a whole replacement printer. They then claimed that it couldn't be delivered, despite being sent to a store that is open all day. That resulted in the order being cancelled, and they say that I have now to order a new one from scratch.
Appalling service.
on 27 October 2011
I read a few reviews of this printer some good some not so good, I don't know if they were from early adopters and there were teething problems but all I can say is this printer is great. Set up was fast, I got the plus version with WiFi, it connected to my protected network in seconds, it prints fast and setting up the e-printing service was easy, after putting in the cartridges it prints a test page then a second page with some instructions on how to set up the e-printing. you can even scan documents to a computer (That is on) over WiFi from the printer itself. I have not set up the fax as I don't intend to use it so I will not comment on that. Great printer, amazing features, and for the price I would say unbeatable.
on 16 January 2012
My neighbour made the mistake of examining the facilities of a 6500A on the web and then ordering one from here. BUYER BEWARE! HP confusingly uses the same model number for both Wireless and Non-Wireless versions of the same device.

Clue One is in the original purchase price pre-discount; the Wireless one is more epxensive, as you'd expect.

Clue Two is in the bracketed list after the model description (Print, Scan, etc); if this doesn't include the word Wireless then it probably isn't Wireless.

I hope this helps prospective purchasers. I'm about to place my own order and confess to being nervous as I definitely want the wireless capability (hence NOT ordering the device I'm reviewing here).

NB
on 2 October 2011
After reading other reviews I was expecting set up to be hard. It was not! Just follow instructions, very easy.
Copy and scan also very easy, with or without the computer. Only difficulty with the scan is that it is not hinged and cannot take books folded or not!
Printer prints well but runs out of ink quite quickly unless you print on draft.Accepts commands well from Iphone. Haven't tried any other media.The printer is noisy and a bit plasticy compared with my old HP but if it lasts as long I will be happy.
Have sent faxes easily but not received any yet so can't comment.
Would have liked the automatic printing on both sides capability but this is on the next model up and didn't warrant the extra cost.
Have only had the printer one month. So far so good.
on 2 March 2012
Disappointed there was no connecting wire to the PC with this printer ... but the product is cheaper than 4 new ink cartridges (almost!) and works well. I loaded it on an XP (2 pack) 64 bit computer without too much trouble, even though this wasnt advertised as an operating system it would work with. Its not wireless and not duplex - but a basic good buy at the price.
on 1 May 2012
[[ASIN:B0036PY1GA ABC Products® rechargeable battery for JVC BN-VF707U

Product up to spec as far as fitting and charging capacity concerned.

I expect to be ordering a second from the same supplier shortly.