Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CDChange

on 10 November 2011
I love this album! Simple as that. I'm quite new to the whole dubstep thing and it may have passed me by if wasn't for Fearne Cotton introducing me to Nero, playing them on her radio show - and I only tuned in by accident! (have not listened to radio 1 for quite some time!).
It is so fresh and airy, the presence of Katy B, are certainly highlights but, in so far as being joined in fine high company.
The dud track for me is 'Fire' with a very scary miss dynamite. Its over produced.
Other than that its all highly enjoyable - truly fresh air, there is nothing here that will bring you down, but nor is it all fluff; there is real substance here, the catchy 'Boiling Water', to the frenzy of 'Mad'. Yes its quite commercial - and why not? People who sell stuff for a living kind of need to be, but that doesn't mean its factory produced.
All said this is to be enjoyed and not really to be treated as a serious study example of the dubstep genre.
I just love it and have been playing it for months and will play it some more :-)
on 21 May 2015
There is a true standout track on this album - The Bug - that brings you into a rythmic, nearly ambient noise with the sinister whisper of dystopia before the driving, robot voice of reality urges you to turn up the bass. Climbing, building pressure and urgency, driving through Britain's urban landscapes takes on a grittier edge, a contrast where creeping paranoia hides in the shadows. Into twilight, patterns echo streetlights on glass, and our daily terror takes voice again.

I bought this on the strength of that one track alone - the rest of the album is surprisingly diverse, though holds a similarly dark tone - Anthemic echoing late '80s dance with a slight uncanny-valley feeling to the melody, like a film soundtrack where killer robots are approaching the nightclub, organics safe inside, unaware of the threat.

All of this contrasts so much with the first track, with David Sylvian/Japan-esque strings. Track 2 really sets the scene for the rest of the album.
on 27 March 2012
It came promptly. Still in mint condition. Its always good to know if it has been opened or if it is new. Magnetic Man is amazing I saw them all play in SF on March 19th 2012. This album covers a variety of sounds from Techno - Dubstep to Japanese futurism. Some songs have vocals which is unusual for underground dance music but I think they (Artwork, Skream, and Benga) are trying to reach a broader audience. All three musicians here are brilliant and I feel great supporting the underground sound and the true vinyl culture. Long live the vinyl and its superior sound!! I purchased the CD as well and found the record to have a much warmer vibrance to it. The feeling cannot be matched!
on 19 May 2014
Love this album, I want more from Magnetic Man but it doesn't seem like there's anything new out there. I've listened to this album loads, it's one of the top five albums I have bought this year for certain and has now given me a thirst to find other artists of the same genre, but they seem few and far between. Did enjoy Nero and Disclosure.
on 4 August 2011
Loved the last few tracks on this album. ADORE 'going nowhere' but dont the other tracks as highly. Awesome artists, but as with most dnb/dubstep/techno albums, they never do justice to the other remixes and sets that they play. awesome line up, soso album.
on 15 September 2011
I do like the original tracks that were first released like I need air but the ones that have nto been released on radio I was not kean on to be honest. When I play the album I usually only play the selected tracks as I say have been on the radio.
on 12 August 2011
Great album and a worthy edition to any music collection. Great tracks and vocals by Katy B and John Legend. If you don't like really heavy dubsteb then you'll like this.
on 16 December 2013
great album, great tracks and a good price a worthy addition to any ones cd collection, one of the best albums I've bought this year
on 7 August 2014
Love Magnetic Man brilliant tunes throughout the whole album very happy to have the CD. Skream, Benga and Artwork at thier best.
on 12 March 2013
I don't follow music, I just happened across this album on youtube and loved it. Good tunes with a good mix of styles.