on 24 August 2011
i saw this and the price and I really wasnt expecting much, but I just wanted a cheap
camera so I gave it a go.

It arrived in a normal jiffy bag and i was wondering why it wasnt in a box, maybe it was cheaper to send out of it I dont know, I plugged it in and the lights switched on so I knew it worked alright. I went to my Windows Live messenger audio and webcam set up and saw the picture and the quality was by far the best I'd ever seen on a webcam, and the lights made a great addition
on 9 November 2010
The quality of the camera is really good; it was very easy to plug in and it worked straight away. The base was a little loose to begin with and I was unable to attach it to my computer screen but after it was tightened it was fine. The cable is also a good length.
on 18 January 2012
Plugged in and moments later it's good to go. The image at 640x480 is very good and far better than I expected. The LED lights work but are a bit cheesy and not good for much, it's not night vision as in infra red, it's more a case of the LEDs provide light if required in the dark. Brightness is adjusted on the lead via thumb wheel 'dimmer' switch. I have rated this item on value for money so it has to be 5 stars (see edit).
My plan is to mount this in a small outside lamp housing and monitor a parking area, at this price I plan to mount a couple more on a a USB hub.

Skype, MSN fine, if you want to use this anywhere else such as monitoring a door or the weather etc then don't bother. It has terrible abilty to react to contrasty conditions and will 'wash out' as the white ballance is very poor. Shame, I went through alot of effort to mount it outside watching a driveway and it was a complete waste of time. Ah well, you get what you pay for.
on 20 September 2011
Equipment found to be as advertised. Good quality item and speedy delivery, will definitely deal with this Company again,if I need anything that they are selling
on 12 April 2011
Easy to fit and install although I would prefer an off button on it instead of being application controlled (as in turns on with skype / msn etc)
on 25 August 2011
Brill, So Good easy to install that i bought two more, good picture and mic quality. Sits very well on the flat screen
on 21 February 2012
This is not 12mp. It in fact a cheap RGB sensor that outputs at 640x480. It's pretty much the most basic camera you can buy. In addition to this, the mic is not integrated into the USB but is in fact a separate jack. This was not mentioned on the description. On the plus side, the LED lights are bright, but as a result of the poor quality sensor the image is extremely washed out and over saturated.
on 26 February 2012
Very disappointed with this camera: (1) impossible to attach it to the edge of my flat monitor; (2) cable too short to reach my computer if I install the camera on top of my monitor (which cannot be done. See 1); (3) two cables, one for USB, the other one an audio jack for the microphone. Why? Other cameras have just the USB; (4) no instructions, I still don't know what the button on top does, not the full effect of the wheel switch on the cable; (5) image not terribly sharp and required manual focusing; (6) changes in lighting badly handled.

All in all, a pretty disappointing experience. It's barely better thsn a six-year old webcam that this one was supposed to replace. I'll just go out and buy a different camera. Not even worthwhile returning this one, as postage would cost more than the camera.
on 17 March 2013
No messing. Just plugged it in and it works. Small size for the end result. Impressed with the way it auto adjust to varying light levels.
on 18 January 2013
the webcam is a nice clear picture nd its good how the lights can be turned on/off the mic doesnt work properly would recommend getting a headset with this product apart from that this was an excellent purchase