5.0 out of 5 stars this is the key
This is the best kept secret for building muscle and health that this planet has to offer. I have been on this stuff for over a year, i never have any colds or illness and i have more power and muscle than i have had in my life. Even if you dont train hard this is the best investment you will ever purchase.

The reason it is so good is its a complete food, you...
Published 20 months ago by Dazza nautilus

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good
The price is good and it looks good on paper, but seems to cause some bloating when I take too much (more than 1 scoop) and if you overdo it, it's pretty strong tasting and not in a good way.
Published 2 months ago by JG

5.0 out of 5 stars this is the key, 13 Aug 2012
This review is from: Good Hemp Protein Powder Natural 2.5kg (Personal Care)

The reason it is so good is its a complete food, you could literall live and thrive on it on its own it has every vitamin and mineral and highest quality protein so you dont need as much. It is grown without pesticides or herbicides and is organic,

It does not taste great, but who cares, if you are serious about your health and life quality chuck away the whey and go for it, do some google searches this stuff is alive.

Edited****march 2013

I have been using this for almost 2 year solid. If you want to cut up and keep your muscle significantly reduce calories and take 2 x 4 scoops in 24hr. You will not lose any muscle but will burn a couple of pound of fat. This is the holy grail when it comes to health and muscle.

4.0 out of 5 stars I found a way to mask the taste!, 30 Aug 2012
This review is from: Good Hemp Protein Powder Natural 2.5kg (Personal Care)
I used to work out until about a year ago on a regular basis. My protein of choice at the time was whey simply because it is so popular. However after recently deciding to get back into shape I decided to do some research into proteins to see what other options I have. Hemp protein immediately stood out for me because of all the good stuff in it (all known amino acids, good source of unsaturated fat, vitamins and minerals) and as soon as I read about it I knew I had to have it, there was absolutely no question.

Since hemp protein usually contains less than 50% protein I decided to buy Pea Protein Isolate, which contains 80% protein (17.50 for 2.5 Kg), to take alongside Hemp protein in a 50:50 mixture (30 grams of each to give almost 40 grams total of pure natural protein per serving). This helps cut costs and keeps me from taking too much hemp powder after workouts as clearly a 30 gram serving alone (14 grams of protein) after an intense workout was never going to be enough.

But let me just say one thing: Nothing, and I mean nothing, will prepare you for the absolutely horrendous taste of unflavoured hemp protein. I used to drink whey protein in water sometimes when I ran out of milk and didn't struggle to down that, so that's really saying something about what I can stomach. But this hemp is on another level. Mixed with water it is akin to taking some mud, throwing it in water and drinking. That's the kind of taste and texture it gives.

I literally couldn't down the first serving I mixed up without gagging, so I ended up throwing it away. The next day I decided to try and tackle that God-forsaken mixture again, but this time with an apple and some honey mixed in. This time I was able to get it down (even though I was gagging the whole way through) but the aftertaste was the worst I've ever had in my life. It wouldn't go away for hours and I felt queasy the whole time. I tried that mixture once more before I stopped completely and decided that if I don't find a way to make it taste at least bearable I was going to chuck it in the bin and go back to good old whey.

After scouring what little sources there are on hemp protein on the internet I took note of a bunch of recipes and decided to try something rather simple in a last ditch effort to make this work. Here is what I mixed in a blender:

2 bananas
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
A little skimmed milk, just enough to get a thick shake

That's it. I added a little milk and blended it into a thick and smooth mixture. Then I poured the thick and creamy mixture into very large glass and threw in my proteins, carbs and creatine and mixed with a fork while adding a little water constantly to get the perfect consistency.

And my word did that do the trick, it actually tasted enjoyable! Seriously. I could imagine adding a scoop of chocolate ice cream and some ice to the mixture and sitting back and watch TV while I drink it through a straw. There was still a tiny hint of that disgusting hemp taste left over but I'd say about 95% of the taste was masked. Problem was solved so I could focus on making gains rather than worrying about how I'm going to get my post-workout shake to go down and stay down.

As for the physical results: I don't know if it's because of my new routine or the hemp but certainly I'm seeing instant gains. After 2 weeks of working out I can see a MAJOR difference in my body. I've burned off a little of the stubborn fat on the lower abs and under my chin and have put on real lean muscle wherever I've worked on it. I've even stopped taking 1 day breaks between workouts and now do it all continuously before taking a couple of days rest. I generally feel better and sleep like a baby for some reason as well - most likely down to the hemp.

So if you bought the hemp protein hoping to make real progress but were put off by the taste, I urge you to try that mixture of 2 bananas and peanut butter mixed into skimmed milk and water. It really does taste good and even if you find it doesn't, you'll at least be able to down it without gagging. And plus you can add your own touch to that recipe by adding some nuts of your choice or even an extra fruit; the sky is the limit. The foundation is there to make the recipe your own. But the best part about it is even if you don't add your own touch to it, it will still taste good regardless.

EDIT (19/11/2012) -

It's been almost 3 months since my review and I feel it's necessary to write an update. My verdict after 3 months of taking Hemp Protein is: Brilliant. I feel bad for those who gave up on Hemp because of the taste, and similarly for the people who are unwilling to give such a quality protein a try.

First the physical benefits: I have seen some amazing gains (I'm chiselled :D) and thanks to the overall health benefits of this protein and the complete amino acid profile I have changed the way I work out and eat for good. I now work out first thing in the mornings for 3-4 days in a row (90-120 minute sessions) before taking a day or two rest. And it feels completely natural to do that. I've lost 8 Kg of pure fat in 3 months (down from 80) and plan to shed the fat even more until I reach around 66. I think this wouldn't have been possible without the pure and natural mixture of Hemp and Pea proteins. Oh, and I've been on 1600 calories per day as well which has helped a lot. But a diet like that simply wouldn't be possible without having good quality supplements and the right choice of healthy meals. Before you roll your eyes, I can honestly say I haven't struggled with this and have only experienced a raging appetite twice now, both occasions I avoided indulging and ate just over my maintenance limit.

On certain days when I haven't had time to fix up a shake after a workout and have had to go out before replenishing my body's essentials, I've had to settle for other sources of protein. Mainly meat (chicken and beef) and I've found that the recovery process was definitely hampered as a result. My muscles didn't build back up as strong as they do with Hemp and I suffered some aches as well at times, whereas I haven't once felt any aches or pain after downing my shakes, even when I started out and there was barely any muscle on me. I don't even stretch before or after workouts.

I've also adjusted the shake for myself as I found the mixture I stated before was bulking me up more than I would like because of all the calories in it (roughly 700-800 per shake with that mixture). I now simply throw in my proteins and carbs into a mixture of 1 banana and 100ml of skimmed milk and some water for texture which gives me a total of around 450 calories. And do you know what? It tastes great. Really. Maybe I've just gotten accustomed to the taste or maybe 1 banana was all it needed from the beginning but I really enjoy my shakes. On my rest days I find myself craving the shake.

Well, that's all from me on this matter. It's truly a shame that not enough people get to enjoy something that is so beneficial and good quality. Even when you take away the workout element the fibre, unsaturated fats, vitamins and minerals are a good reason for anyone to incorporate this into their diets somehow. But I'm loving it and I hope I've at least helped others discover a way to get this into their system and enjoy the benefits I'm enjoying from this.

5.0 out of 5 stars More energy, Less weight, 24 May 2012
This review is from: Good Hemp Protein Powder Natural 2.5kg (Personal Care)
This is great stuff - I mix it with orange juice and just glug it down twice a day. Since taking it I wake up feeling brighter, have more energy and those last few stubborn pounds I'm trying to lose are disappearing too. Great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as bad as I was expecting, 23 Aug 2013
Natalia (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Hemp Protein Powder Natural 2.5kg (Personal Care)
I just made my first shake with this powder, and because of the reviews on it's flavour I whizzed up a smoothie with almond milk, a handful of strawberries and half a banana... quite pleasant I think. The green sludge appearance is slightly offputting but I think I will probably be able to manage it without the fruit too. My only gripe is that I don't think my tub came with a scoop which is rather annoying. It may be lost somewhere at the bottom of the tub, but I can't find it!

I feel a lot cleaner and healthier drinking this over regular protein power. I think I'm going to stick with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grate stuff, 1 Aug 2013
This review is from: Good Hemp Protein Powder Natural 2.5kg (Personal Care)
If you experience bowel related problems with regular stuff this will solve. With all the essential amino acids and Omegas, what more can you ask for!!

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 20 Jun 2013
Mr. J. Palmer - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Hemp Protein Powder Natural 2.5kg (Personal Care)
Good value for money I will be buying more from this seller.

Vegan alternative for protein. If you are considering this product buy it you will be happy that you did. I was I can tell you :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Hemp is Good., 10 May 2013
This review is from: Good Hemp Protein Powder Natural 2.5kg (Personal Care)
I purchased this product because I'm cycling to work, which is 14 miles/23km each way, with a 10 hour shift in between. This is a lot of exercise to undertake and my body is going to require sufficient protein to repair itself. Being a vegan I couldn't settle for any old protein, I needed something plant based and came across Good Hemp. I can't comment on what improvements I've seen as I've only been taking it for 3 days, however I do feel more energetic and ready to attack my next work out. The taste isn't bad but you can't simply mix it with water, that's bound to make your tongue curl. I tried it with Hemp Milk with copious amount of syrup but that was a poor shake, it is recommended coming up with a good shake recipe if you want to consume this post work out. Today I mashed it up with banana and peanut butter, it was very sickly but it did the job and I've yet to be sick (Knock on wood. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to get their protein from an ethical and environmentally sound source.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dietary supplement and workout aid., 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Good Hemp Protein Powder Natural 2.5kg (Personal Care)
I started using this product when I began a weight training regime around 8 months ago. The taste might not the be the most amazing thing in the world, but if you just man up and chug it down it really isn't that bad, I mix mine with 250ml of water as instructed, and yes, it can be slightly gritty if you don't shake it particularly well, but its really not that bad if you down it quickly. If you really can't stand the taste, then you can use milk instead of water, I find the taste and texture is a lot easier to handle that way (although I still don't think its that bad with water).

As for the benefits I have received, I have gained muscle, whilst burning fat, I have more energy, my immune system seems alot stronger, my skin is better and the fibre is great for my digestive health. I am not a vegetarian, but the nutritional benefits of this protein powder make it the most attractive to me, it is also the only natural source of Edestin you can find.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fast delivery and great product, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Good Hemp Protein Powder Natural 2.5kg (Personal Care)
My second Hemp powder. This goes in my Glowing Green Smoothie everyday and also in the occasional peanut butter smoothie. The hemp taste faintly like bran, if you don't like this you can cover it up with banana.
Came with a scoop! My last brand didn't so I was pleased Good Hemp did. You have to dig around a bit but it's in there!
Great alternative to Whey/Soy powders.

5.0 out of 5 stars Has helped me lose weight and reduced the symptoms of IBS, 16 Feb 2013
Mrs Rhodes (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Hemp Protein Powder Natural 2.5kg (Personal Care)
I actually started on this product because i have a serious case of Irritable bowel symptom (IBS). My biggest trigger is gluten and dairy products so finding something that would give me the vitamins and minerals as well as alleviating my symptoms, was key in choosing this product. The additional benefit as a regular gym member, is that it has improved my overall fitness. I now have the lean toned muscles that i have always dreamt off. However it LITERALLY has been a life changer when it comes to my IBS!

ARRAY(0xafea8fc0)