on 31 July 2009
I'm one of those tall thin people with a ridiculously high metabolism that can eat whatever I want without putting on weight. That isn't so good when trying to build muscle mass though! I'd tried lots of other supliments over the years on and off (including creatine) but none gave me any extra weight.

I've been using Progain for 3 weeks now and along with my hardcore workout routine(!) I've put on 4kg in weight. I'm very happy and have just ordered another two tubs. I used strawberry flavour and it tastes fine when mixed with water.
66 comments|36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 January 2015
Makes my farts absolutely stink which is a bonus because my girlfriend hates it
on 23 July 2012
I've only been using this for about two weeks, and the effects have been incredibly noticeable. I have been taking one scoop 45 minutes before a workout, and one scoop immediately afterwards. And then I take 2 scoops on recovery days. I try and go to gym three times per week.
Firstly, the scoop before my workout gives me a massive energy boost, which means I can push myself that bit harder in the gym. The scoop after my workout provides me with the exact calories to recover well. I have about an hour's gym routine and focus on weight-training.
Secondly, I've put on a bit of weight, but the I can already feel my muscles getting bigger and I'm feeling stronger. I look forward to the next few weeks, since the first two have been brilliant.
I use the chocolate flavour which is really good. Might try strawberry next.
on 2 December 2012
My favorite n one of the best product ....I love it.it is quite expensive but still worth...u can see the results within week ...I would recommend those who want their lean muscles big .....
on 28 August 2011
Definitely puts on weight, two servings a day is more than enough in conjunction with a fairly high protein diet. I was probably having this with two or three meals a day and could feel the weight slapping on. Careful with the fat though, as it contains a whopping 10g of fat per serving. Im trying to get ripped, so this probably isnt the best for me.
on 9 May 2012
Fast shipping, good service but why is my pack opened whilst recieving it?

The taste of the actual product is superb, no acidic taste just simply strawberry flavour, yet have no realised any body changes then again i need to have a routine time in having the supplement.
on 23 June 2015
All you get is fart, gas, diahrea. I can't understand how people can rate it 5.
I am not lactose intolerant. I have tried maxinutrition whey as well and it was the same result. Now I am taking a different brand and no stomach problems.
on 12 February 2013
Firstly, the packaging recommends three servings a day. At that rate you can consume all 800g in two days. As this is not the cheapest product I chose to have one serving after a workout in addition to eating more generally. My weight gain was minimal but visible. I believe if I could afford to follow the serving suggestions I would have noticed much greater weight gain but unfortuently I don't.

Therefore, for someone who has the money I would suggest this product for an accelerated gain in weight. However, for those who are less concerned with weight gain and have greater focus on recovery, lean muscle, I would recommend a simple protein shake such as Maximuscle's Promax.
on 15 February 2016
Well what can I say... for me I noticed a mass increase within 1 week, it just works i also noticed that when workout my arms (bicep & triceps) i felt more of a pump feeling.

The taste:
I wasn't too much of a fan of the flavours however that might be because I stuck with one flavour for a year which I got sick of so do switch flavours every now and then however the flavour isnt too bad.

overall this product does it what it says its suppose to do (mass increase) as I went from being skinny to having some weight on me (which is what I wanted) If i could change anything it would be the price the price is just a bit too high up there for me.
on 27 March 2014
Great taste just really expensive for the amount you pay. I will buy more but it is only justified because it mixes well and a tastes great as well as a good recovery drink