Size: Pack Of 1|Change
Price:£6.49+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 25 May 2015
Have had this peanut butter on subscription once a month for over 2 years and we've (+kids) always enjoyed it. But lately theres something going on! Couple months ago it came with the oil leaking out through container. This month it was a rock solid mass on bottom and oil on top. After a week I have yet to been able to stir it enough to get all the hard lumps out. I'm used to giving it a good stir when I first receive to mix oil back in and then every time I use it I give it a quick stir. I understand this (oil separation is natural). But I stirred and stirred and stirred this time, everyday I stir and stir and stir and I cannot get it smooth enough to spread on bread without solid lumps.... I'm hoping it was a bad batch because if it comes like this again I will have to cancel my subscription. Honestly just don't have the muscles for it!
on 2 March 2016
I've been purchased this 1KG crunchy peanut for a while and was always happy with the taste and quality of it. That was until recently.

The last three tubs have been fine when they were first opened, but once you are 60-70 percent through the tub, it is too dry and I have needed to throw some of the peanut butter away as it is simply too dry and hard to spread on anything.

Whether the manufacturer has removed some of the oil out of the peanut butter, due to complaints by some as too oily/runny. If this is the case, they have made the peanut butter too dry and unusable further through the tub. This peanut butter was never too oily/runny, you simply needed to give it a good mix around before use.

When the peanut butter was not too dry, I found the taste to be really nice and had a lovely slightly crunchy consistency. It does taste different to the likes of Sun Pat and other supermarket peanut butter, but that stuff is filled with extra stuff such as sugars, palm oil and other additives. The Meridian peanut butter is 100 percent crushed peanuts and nothing else. The oil you get in the Meridian peanut butter is the natural oil that is contained in the peanuts, there are no other oils added.

After been disappointed with the quality of the Meridian peanut butter of late, I have since stopped purchasing the Meridian crunchy peanut butter and have instead purchased the equivalent peanut butter from MyProtein. I find the My Protein peanut butter much better in its consistency and remains so right down to the last bit in the tub, and tastes better too and is still natural, just like the Meridan peanut butter is.

To sum up, if you have complaints with the consistency and/or the peanut butter been too dry further through the tub, then I would recommend purchasing the equivalent from My Protein.
on 28 March 2013
We love this peanut butter, tastes great and there are no added ingredients so no nasties - only trouble is as you get to the bottom of the pack it becomes extremely difficult to spread as its so solid as most of the oil stays on top which you use up first. We have started adding a bit of butter or oil to the bottom of the tub to make sure we can spread it.
on 25 December 2012
This peanut butter works out quite economical and is of good size. It wasn't as oily as I was expecting but still needed a stir before each use.

The taste is different to supermarket organic butters.It is earthy and wholesome and takes some getting used to. I like the fact it is organic with no additives. You can't get much purer.I have now got used to this difference.

The large size has the benefit of being great for measuring large amounts when baking and as you can scrape the sides easily there is less waste. I find the glass jars can be tricky to scrape clean.
on 6 July 2013
Very good quality peanut butter, However not the usual you may find in the shops. Its a bit more liquid but very nice texture. and nothing added, just peanuts. this is the healthier option I could find.
Will buy again!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 February 2015
Wow! I haven't had this for years, and had forgotten how nice it is! I initially bought this to feed the birds in the cold winter months as it's only ingredient is peanuts ie. no sugar or salt. I always buy Sunpat, and had forgotten how yummy peanut butter is when it doesn't contain sugar or salt! Birds love lard, home made fat pudding or peanut butter when it is smeared onto a log. I have found however, that the log feeders are almost impossible to clean once you have done this, and are a magnet for disease. This time, I decided to smear it onto an old (textured) brick...and it's working very well. It's only been out a week, but the Blackbirds have been really enjoying it. Hoping that the Great Spotted Woodpecker might discover it as well. The brick will be much easier to clean (using an old washing up brush and lots of water, followed by a bird feeder disinfectant).

Ingredients: organic roasted peanuts

The 'unopened' shelf life of my tub was: 1 year

The 'opened' shelf life is 3 months (no refrigeration required)
review image
on 18 April 2016
Trying to live a bit healthier in 2016 I ordered this organic crunchy peanut butter as part of my diet.

I add it to my banana shakes or have a spoon full in the morning or evening.
I like it because it makes me feel full and I don't crave for a snack afterwards.

It is not salty, rather neutral in taste, but you still taste the peanuts. I like the consistency, not too mushy and not too firm.

No added ingredients hence, nastiness free :)
Really good size! Will last for quite a while.

Won't buy any other Peanut Butter any more! Really happy with this purchase.
on 15 May 2014
Great big tub of nice peanut butter. No additives and organic. Not used much of it yet. I suspect that you have to keep stirring it to stop it going solid. If you are used to the supermarket type brands then you might find this a bit 'worthy'. It is not smooth and golden looking and loaded with sugar and salt like the normal brands. This is a natural 'down to earth' product unadulterated by additives and unsullied by pesticides etc. Marvellous.
on 19 April 2015
Nothing comes close to tasting as nice, filling you up as well and being healthier than this Peanut Butter (in comparison to other peanut butter). Great value for money and better than high street garbage too.
on 19 February 2016
My partner loves this stuff! We don't buy any other brand unless we really have to as this one is all natural, most tasty and the best for your health!

Top Tip- always mix this before using to avoid dry patches at the bottom. The oil naturally separates which can put people off but this is actually a good quality sign.

Highly recommend.