Colour: Pink|Change

on 3 February 2012
I can't comment on this timer as a toy but it is excellent for watching whilst making long phone calls that are costly if they run over the hour. It looks modern and not out of place beside the phone. The delivery was quick and all dealings with the company excellent.
on 25 January 2013
These sand-timers are really great! They're really targeted for kids, but being now retired, that makes me a rather elderly child. Nevertheless, even for me they are a great aid to organisation. I wish I had found them when I was younger. I have a 15 minute, 30 minute and 60 minute timer and each has its uses, a step up from the traditional three minute egg timer. The seller's web site has suggestions for each timer's use for kids: [...] They are well designed and attractive. Lucky kids!
on 12 September 2012
This is a very good item and affordable. I ordered it for my daughter who is autistic and she finds it very helpful as she has little concept of time and struggles to wait. I will be ordering more of these with different time scales. Great colours.
on 29 November 2012
This is just what was needed to help some one elderly and suffering from dementia to be able to understand how long an hour is - something very simple and visual was needed. Timed it and found it to be very accurate.
on 31 August 2013
Cheap and cheerful, this does the job - which in my case is as a visual prompt on my desk to help me focus and take a break for a few minutes every hour.
on 16 December 2014
Review Update: I have purchased 3 timers now - 20m, 30m and 45m. The 30m one has now had sand stuck several times and needed to be tapped to make it continue running - but it's hard to spot when it actually stops so my children no longer want to use these timers because they no longer trust them. I have dropped my score to 2 stars because of this problem.

Quite a good quality sand timer - although not really a lot of choice out there. I timed the sand and my one takes 20 minutes and 35 second to 20 minutes and 40 seconds for the sand to run through.
Some traces of sand get slightly stuck on the sides near the middle, but it doesn't look anywhere near as bad as the sample picture they are showing.
The product has a quite good quality feel to it, so despite the flaws I mentioned I'm pretty happy.
on 19 May 2013
Not sure why, but my 5 year old son LOVES a sandtimer! We have many of them & they are a very useful 'visual' timer. I often use them to time activities...30 min one for computer time, and 60 min one for TV time, & a 5 min one for a time-out! My son knows that when the sand runs out, he stops whatever he's doing with no complaints!
on 26 August 2011
after buying several digital timers (pig, cow, other animals, all breaking within a couple of days) we got one of these. it has been very good and lasted for a year or so before finally succumbing to the mismanagement of twin boys.
By far the best one.
on 29 November 2011
Excellent sand timer for children. Quite large - so easy to hold for younger children. Looks quite solid but we did not try to drop it. It looks that it would survive a drop. My son is keen to use it- whcih is great! It helped to simplify breakfast in the morning and stopped arguments about how long is left for him to play in the evening before going to bed. He also finds it fascinating just to sit and watch. Would recommend! The seller is good too- arrived the next day, well packaged.
on 21 March 2013
This item arrived quickly. I've timed this, it's accurate. It's blue like the picture and description say.

What more can I add? It's exactly as it's meant to be.