on 18 December 2008
An excellent crossword puzzle help book; it is a compilation of Crossword definitions that have been taken from other puzzles over the past 10 years.

What I liked...

1.)It features an extensive list of words, abbreviations, acronyms, phrases, and fill in the blanks in phrases and sayings.

2.)It also gives detailed information on authors (and their books), actors and actresses (listing their movies), sports and sport persons, musicians, movies with stars, directors and music and Oscars; this is, of course, in addition to a huge volume of 'normal' crossword puzzle definition and answers.

3.)There are foreign countries listed (with notable persons, places and unique points of interest), as well as common words found in many foreign languages

4.)Answers to definitions are listed first by word size, e.i. 3, 4, 5, letters etc. and then all these words are listed alphabetically; for example, If you looked up the word 'MEANING' you'd find: 3...aim, use; 4...gist, goal, pith; 5...drift, heart, and so on.

Minor concerns:

1.)The book is large (1,268 pages) and heavy, making it a significant weight to be toted around. (not unexpected, I guess, for the quantity [and quality as well] of material it holds)

2.)The printing is somewhat small; most of us 'older' folks will need reading glasses to see the offered answers comfortably.

Suggestions for improvements:
Some shading at the side edge of the pages would have be very useful to indicate where each letter of the alphabet started; possibly using different colors may have helped even more.

Conclusion:
I love challenging crossword puzzles; this book has provided the best help for finding most tough clues that I've come across. 5 Stars
on 9 April 2011
This is an excellent book and if a British version could be produced I'd buy it. This is of limited use for British crosswords because of American spellings and content.
on 20 December 2010
This is a book full of words...

American words

And we're two people separated by the same language - never truer than in this case...!
on 11 September 2014
Sadly I didn't know that there were 'versions' and the friend I bought it for left it with me. The book seems to be fine but I haven't used it ....not the books fault just mine
on 25 December 2012
This was actually my christmas (one off) present and I have had a chance to look thro' it. It looks exactly as I expected it to be
Very good.
on 20 June 2013
Bought it for my mobile, but it's so slow to search, and it drains the battery while doing a search
on 26 April 2011
Received my order without any problem. The book ( The Million Word Crossword Dictionary ) has already served its purpose. A must for crossword enthusiasts.
Thanks a lot