5.0 out of 5 stars This novel vibrates with the talent of C.L. Wilson
Published on 10 Oct 2007 by Leontine's Book Realm

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Sure...
Published on 4 April 2009 by Miss J. Eyre

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Sure..., 4 April 2009
If you like a bit of fantasy with your romance I'm sure you'll love this series. I, however, like a bit of romance with my fantasy and found it a little too much in places... I found myself wincing slightly at some of the more flowery emotive passages and there were quite a few of them! That said the overall story was quite intriguing with a couple of nefarious characters to balance it all out with and some sympathetic supporting characters.

I'm unsure whether to continue with this series, too many books to read and so little time... But my expectations may have been a little too high as I had just finished reading the third in the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews, which had just the right balance (for me) of action, horror, sarcasm and romance. For those of you like me, who enjoy some romance with your fantasy without it making you cringe too much, I would recommend trying Sharon Shinn, Maria V. Snyder and Lois McMaster Bujold.

5.0 out of 5 stars This novel vibrates with the talent of C.L. Wilson, 10 Oct 2007
In the city of Celieria an unprecedented event has occurred, the Rain Tairen Soul has found that which he never thought possible in a time where the Mages cast their darkness over this city again. A love that shines with a rare and special glow triggers all kind of events, from betrayal to revelations of the past and a struggle for more power is always on the lookout. Five Fey warriors serve and protect with a magic all off their own as a new battle is on the horizon and an epic love unfolds itself in all its glory....

Hold on to your seats! There's a new author in town with a novel that vibrates with her talent and will conquer the bestsellers lists in no time, and her name is.....C.L. Wilson.

This is a story that lured me into a fabulous, fast paced and emotional ride that leaves me dazzled. From the first page I felt the promise that C.L. Wilson contains as a writer and she delivers big time! At the foundation of this romantic tale it is about a claiming so fierce, so seductive that it hits the reader full force. The author captures images with words of a king that is willing to do anything for his dying kingdom and an unknowing woman who just might prove to be the answer. This and much more is written with a strong affinity for the fantasy genre that gives this novel its unique approach.

The ferocity in which Rain Tairen Soul claims his Shei'tani ignites a sparkle that sets this story on fire. Those special moments between Rain and Elly weaves a soul connection between them and C.L. Wilson has a rare gift to make me feel these moments with such vivid emotions whirling inside of me. Almost as if I'm actually witnessing a blossoming legendary love so rare and so beautiful that it leaves me convinced nothing will ever keep them apart.

There's also the five Fey warriors of the highest order commanding elemental magic and are the chosen ones to protect Elly. Each one tells you more about the ways of the Tairen and Belliard, as the leader, had me at his introduction in this story! The words in which the author invokes the fantasy in this novel lets me remember the ways of once long ago in the rituals/oaths and protocol of both Celieria and Tairen world, is one that still reverberates through me and echoes with long forgotten chivalry, elegance and magic. Everything about this novel appealed to me on so many levels that it became an instant favorite book of mine. I'm enchanted by the magic that C.L. Wilson weaves with this stunning tale, to start this book is to finish the book!

Realms on our Bookshelves has awarded the Realms Shooting Star to C.L. Wilson for her impressive debut.

Reviewed by Leontine

Courtesy of Realms on our Bookshelves

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful new series..., 29 Sep 2007
How do you know that you are reading an excerpt from a book that you like and would love to own? In my case, it is quite easy. I need to find the plot interesting, and the way in which the sample chapter is written engaging. Visiting C. L. Wilson's website ([...] I found just that in her new book, "Lord of the Fading Lands".

"Lord of the Fading Lands" tells us the story of Rainier vel'En Daris, the Tairen Soul and ruler of his people, the Fey. He is a man of great power, but also one that has suffered immense losses in war, including the death of the woman he loved at the hand of his enemies, the Eld Mages. Now, a thousand years later, Rainier will have another chance at love, if he can seize it.

Ellysetta Baristani is the only person that can complete Rainier, his truemate. When Rainier decides to leave his home, the Fading Lands, in order to pay a short visit to his allies in Celieria, a chance encounter will allow the young human woman to meet her destiny in the Fey king. But can Ellie embrace both Rainier and the magic she has always feared? And will Ellie and Rainier win against the ancient forces of evil stalking them?

If you read "Lord of the Fading Lands" you will have answers to those questions, and a lot more. You will also find a whole new world, full of magic, myths and well-drawn characters that will make you care, and want to know what happens next. What else can I say, if not HIGHLY RECOMMENDED?

Belen Alcat

PS: The stories set in this universe continue in the next book in the series, "Lady of Light and Shadows", to be released on October 30, 2007.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Debut Novel, 2 Oct 2007
Wildwookie (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I read an excerpt of this book in one of Christine Feehans carpathian novels and was instantly hooked. I was lucky enough to be sent an advanced reading copy and well what can I say? I can't wait for the Lady of Light and Shadows!

If you have ever read any of Christine Feehans Carpathian series you will love this story. The formula of Ancient all powerful magical hero meets young soulmate with an inner strength of her own cannot be beaten. This story builds and builds and the forthcoming lady of light is sure to be an epic story of magic, intrigue and love.

This is a fantastic Debut novel and I'm sure Cheryl Wilson has an instant hit on her hands with many more sure to follow!

For readers of paranormal romance such as those by Christine Feehan & Nora Roberts this book is a must!

5.0 out of 5 stars lord of the fading lands, 17 July 2008
bookworm (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
what can i say i know this is really bad but if i picked this book up in a bookstore and saw the cover i would of put it straight back on the shelf...looks a bit corny and not something i would usually go for, im so glad that i read this though, what can i say other than it is amazing!

As soon as you start reading thats it you cant put the book down, it has everything you could ask for, love, passion, action, magic, good versus evil. Its one of those books that keeps on surprising you the only thing that i will say that if you do buy this book be prepared to not have a social life for the next few days and also to buy the 2nd one the lady of shadows the same time, i did not do this and it was horrible to have to wait for the next one to arrive!

I have three sisters and they are all hooked too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally loved it!, 5 Jun 2008
xenofan "xenofan" (Kansas, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is an absuloubtly fantastic book, and despite my initial reservations "Oh no, another fantasy romance hybrid that's bound to bore me to tears" I was utterly blown away by the world, the storytelling, and the characters.

This is a story where fantasy and romance go together so perfectly that it simply wouldn't be able to exist if one of them were missing. The sexual tension of this book is brilliant, I loved all the characters, really came to care for them and the world, and just couldn't stop reading. I can't wait to read the next thing, and my only dissapointment with the series so far is that the third book isn't out yet, so I'm going to have to wait for it to be released.

5.0 out of 5 stars A refreshingly different take on the alpha male scenario, 10 Jan 2008
I bought this book because it kept on appearing on my recommended list. I'm glad I did - the plot line was engaging and refreshing. In fact the concept was strong enough that the idea of a alpha male claiming his mate was bordering on a secondary to the world in which it is based - I found it fascinating and I'm awaiting the arrival of it's sequel. I'd also be really interested to hear if CL Wilson decides to write fantasy being the main genre and the romance secondary. Her writing style is such that I think she's make a fantastic pure fantasy writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Searching for a new book to read led me to click on the cover page of Lord of the Fading Lands., 19 Dec 2007
I am a fan of romance novels but have always been weary of the sci-fi fantasy genre. Thank the Celierian gods I overcame the prejudice and purchased the book. It's a beautifully written tale with an encompassing love story filled with restrained passion and the tell tale beginnings of a consuming romance that will be powerful and legendary. The story is so vivid in it's imagery and filled with rich primary and supporting characters that fully engages it's readers.

It's been a long time since I found an author that has written words so creatively woven that I felt that I'm a fully engaged participant and witness to a great romance. Congratulations to CL Wilson and best wishes to her continued success!!! I'd also recommend reading the mesmerising and highly evocative novel The Fates by Tino Georgiou.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting new Author, 27 Feb 2008
Lisa Hamilton (Perth, WA Australia) - See all my reviews
What can I say that has not already been said about this exceptional book?

I am so glad that I brought Lord of the Fading Lands. I received the book at approx. 2pm and finished it the next morning at 2.30am. Waited one day then re-read the whole book again. Yes, Lord of the Fading Lands is a book that once you start reading it you can not put it down. You just have to keep turning the pages to find out what is going to happen to Rain, Ellysetta and their fantastic supporting cast.

This book is a delightful addition to the genre and I highly recommend it. Some of the elements that comprises this book are an epic love story, great warriors, good verus evil with well writen sex scenes to top it all off. I ordered the second in the duology as soon as I finished the first book.

Happy reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! A romance with a good plot and character depth!!, 9 Dec 2007
I love this book. Its in my top 3. I have read it as many times and cant wait for the last installment. I wont go into the plot as this has been done brilliantly by other reviewers. But to help you decide i will tell you the other stuff i have enjoyed so you can see if we have the same taste. I find this helps me make a decision if i am not sure. I love JR Ward,Kresely Cole, Sherilyn Kenyon, Christine Feehan, Alyssa Day, Karen Marie Moning and kind of like Gena Showalter, but my number one is Kresley Cole. i will buy anything she has written. I love the Dark Hunters but i dont like Sherilyn Kenyon writing as Kinley McGreggor... i know weird.

Another reviewer has given this 2 stars because there is no sex! If you want erotica go elsewhere, this is a ROMANCE, however there is pleanty of steam in this book, just none of the rampant groping type which I for one found refreshing! the sexual tension in this book left me breathless and grabbing for my husband.

Buy this book if you like Romance which is not SEX driven, love sexual tension and where the characters dont fall over each other to hump themselves to death by chapter 2. The Fantasy element of this is outstanding, a whole new world to explore with an actual plot! Now there's something you dont see every day :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›