Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 7 July 2010
I love this album. It has a lovely mix of recognisable pieces and I listened to it a few times over when I first got it - it's mellow and relaxing and perfect for the summer. I am going to get several copies to give as gifts as I have a few family birthdays over the summer.

Don't miss out!!
on 21 August 2010
This has to be the most relaxing collection of music that I have heard in a long time. If you need to unwind after a stressful day then this is the music for you.Craig Ogden has managed to craft some simple pieces of music and make them magical. Everyone has become a firm favourite but the best has to be track 12 simple Serenade.
on 11 July 2010
This album is a delight from start to finish. Ogden's tone, interpretation and track selection are spot on.

It is always refreshing to see a guitar album with accessible, enjoyable pieces and the works presented here are no exception. Rondo Rodeo is a personal favourite, as is the arrangement of Hallelujah. As a guitarist myself, I have long admired Ogden's work, and this is an album I am delighted to add to my collection and will enjoy for many years.
on 23 August 2010
A stunning album and wonderful arrangements, what a joy. As someone who plays the piano, (badly I admit, I blame the varifocals) to hear arrangements of some of my favorite classical piano pieces arranged for the guitar is like hearing the music played for the very first time. A brilliant album (I cannot wait for the next one) by a great guitarist.
on 20 August 2010
I have listened countless times to "The Guitarist" since I bought it in July, and relax into the music every time. I had been waiting for such a single form Craig Ogdon since I first heard him on Classic fM compilations. He lives up to my expectations 100%. On a day like today, with the rain pouring down almost drowning out the sound of the music, I can be lost in a dream of sunnier climes.
on 20 August 2010
As soon as you press the play button the music envelops you.The mix is a pleasant combination of well known tunes and relaxing melodies perfectly executed and with the accompliment of other instruments skillfully harmonised with the guitar.
Just play it when at the computer or working around the house and time will fly by.
Well worth getting and you don't get tired of letting it play over and over in the player especially in the car when stuck in traffic.
on 7 July 2010
A wonderful album. A great track selection, played in a fresh and clean style. My new soundtrack to Summer!
on 11 July 2010
Having been a fan of Ogden's for a long time I've always loved his interpretation of more high-brow works (Tippett - The Blue Guitar; Berkeley - Sonatina; Britten - Nocturnal. Etc.), and despite this disc not being full of the most cutting edge bits of music, it's still a fantastic addition to my CD collection. Classic FM aren't promoting and selling it as a ground-breaking recording, they're selling it as an easy-listening gem - and that is definitely what it is!
on 11 July 2010
This album is great, it really shows off Craig's beautiful tone and is recorded very nicely!

I really enjoyed the new material and the different takes on familiar tracks.

I like the fact that, despite having previously recorded and performed avante garde and serious classical music, Craig can quite happily turn his hand(s!) to a more contemporary, almost pop-classical set of music, with just as much conviction and musicality.

Good stuff!
on 10 April 2016
Great album, relaxing, very artistic guitar playing however, if you buy all three albums as I did, you'll find some same songs are featuring in at least two albums, which is dissapointibg and I felt a bit cheated for artistic value.