4.6 out of 5 stars2,038

on 14 December 2014
after reading other reviews here saying there controllers might not be official I made sure it was Amazon selling me it.

arrived by courier 3 days after I ordered. Came in official plastic box like in pic.

lovely smooth soft glossy top half normal under belly. Don't have issues with finger prints well not like the glossy xbox 360 slims did.

the D-pad best I've seen yet.

£30 good price as it's better IMO than the standard 360 wireless controller, shame they never seem to offer the other colors at similar price.
on 10 October 2010
This is the 360 pad that comes with the slim console. The distinguishing feature is the black d-pad rather than a grey circular one. Overall it feels more comfortable than the original 360 pad, but the most noticeable improvement is the d-pad. The directions are more defined, with rigid edges which aren't as slight as the original, and the d-pad doesn't slide around like the non slim's dpad did.

I play street fighter 4 on both xbox and ps3 and disliked playing the 360 version on pad because of the flimsy poor excuse for a d-pad. However, using this pad I was immediately at home, pulling off special moves with ease, (something i struggle to do with the analague stick or the non slim pad, even though i am series veteran).

If you're getting a 360 wireless pad get this one, it's just better. I'm sure Microsoft will phase out the old ones anyway.

K'+
22 comments|123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 August 2012
This controller is very pleasing to the eye. I was a little bit dissapointed when the back of the controller was not chrome like the matt silver controller. But I did not read too much into this controller. The only downside is that if your hands sweat you will see the marks on the chrome surface. Otherwise its just another controller for the collection that looks nice.
on 31 July 2014
Brought as a second controller for the xbox 360. Comes with a set of two Duracell batteries that slot into a holder that then clips easily into the underside of the controller and a charging pack that clips into the same place and sits on a charging cradle. The charging pack sits on the cradle and can be charged independently of the controller. So that you can immediatley use the controller whilst you wait for the pack to charge up. There might possibly be a certain amount of charge in the pack that would last you awhile before requiring charging, but using the Duracell batteries allows the pack time to fully charge. Pushing the xbox symbol in the middle of the controller connects it to the xbox. Saying an 8 year old could use it is exactly who uses it. One twin has used the wired controller on my husband's xbox before and the other had not, but it did not take them long to figure out what all the buttons did and were not long before they were "Minecrafting" it with the best of them.
on 28 November 2014
Great service, fantastic design and build. I'm one of those gamers that constantly burns out the D-pad with fighting games. I had two limited edition controllers with the twisty D-pads - they ended up falling off.

I've mashed out Street Fighter AE constantly for a month with this controller and it still feels brand new. Highly recommended!
on 9 February 2015
Fantastic controller. Exceeds the original Xbox 360 controller in every way (the one that came with Standard and Elite consoles). The directional buttons aren't a nightmare to work with anymore and the material of the analog sticks isn't rubbing away like my previous controllers (I managed to wear the analog sticks down to the plastic!!)

I've been using this controller for about a month now on both my Xbox 360 and my PC with the official Microsoft wireless adapter for windows (NOT INCLUDED). It feels great to use, with an instant response time and great battery life.
on 24 July 2012
This controller is much better than the original controllers that came with the xbox. The analogue sticks are much more comfortable to use & the "transformer" d-pad (though a little bit gimmicky) is a welcome addition and I can honestly say I prefer having the option to change it rather than being stuck with the solid circle type on the other controllers.

All in all well worth the money if you need a new controller.

Also, it's red chrome, which is awesome.
on 12 May 2014
That's it, really- in a nutshell. Bought this in September, and my son LOVED it. But 8 months later, it has just stopped working. It switches on, but the controls don't work. Disappointing, for such an expensive handset, that's an Xbox 360 authentic product. Wouldn't recommend.
on 11 June 2012
...I had received it.

I bought this controller along with the red chrome variant, pre ordering in May.
I received the red chrome on release day. The blue chrome controller is still to be dispatched. As I write I do not even have an estimate.

Reading a few other reviews posted, it seems I'm not alone in not having this controller delivered.
Has amazon over-sold it's preorder stock or has it received little stock??...I wonder...

The red version controller of this is excellent, I expect the blue version (if it ever arrives) to be of similar quality.
on 1 April 2014
bought as the rubber was so worn on my other 2 controllers sticks they were practically unusable for high impact games such as cod. pretty much does what it says on the tin. the chrome red is very eye-catching and looks awesome tbh. actually a lot less prone to marks and fingerprints then you might expect. underside is the plastic used in regular controllers so plenty grippy. There are some minor augmentations such as a change to the grips on the sticks, a definite improvement. However the most notable is the 2 way d-pad. Most people who have ever used a 360 official controller will know that their worst feature is the d-pad, so easy to press accidentally/incorrectly during hectic 8v8s. In what is definitely an improvement, if whiffing of ms not admitting their mistakes, you can have the d-pad in regular "radial" mode, or with a twist the sort-of filled in bits sink down by about a cm. its by no means perfect, but this more standard d-pad mode is a nice touch that makes it better overall. it makes you feel like the extra tenner you've spent has paid for more than just a shiny colour.

in all, wholeheartedly worth your extra 10 queens. especially when considered that on the highstreet you'll be spending £35 anyways