on 28 May 2011
I saw a few bad reviews on this but decided to take a punt for a few quid. Arrived after only 2 days and the product is superb! I cannot fault it. The stand is sturdy and holds firm, the clip grips my phone well (I use an HTC Desire) and I can't imagine why it wouldn't hold any phone as well. The suction cup is strong and sticks well, also contrary to a number of reviews. I can twist my phone while attached, to whatever angle so it doesn't just have to be portrait. Doesn't obstruct the charger plug either but I suppose this is something which may need considering for other phones with this being universal but that is to be expected. All in all, assuming it doesn't break quickly it seems perfect, but at this price even if it breaks I think I'll just buy another, especially as carphone warehouse have pretty much the same stand at 30 quid.
on 30 October 2010
This is a great little product for the money, plastic, but sturdy, easy to assemble, sticks onto the car windscreen no problem and adjusts to any angle. OK you have to adjust a couple of knobs, but once done it will hold phone, sat nav etc whatever you want at any angle. The delivery was within 24hrs of being notified of despatch, came well packaged and undamaged. Good service all round.
on 27 January 2013
I`ve had a few of these and I can honestly say, "I don`t know how I managed without it".

Many years ago when I first got a mobile phone, I had the usual problem of where to put it in the car so it was safe but within reach (pre-compulsory hands free) but wherever I placed it, it`d jump about and fly off in all directions and almost always ending up in the passenger footwell meaning that when I actually needed the damn thing, I`d either have to stop and crawl over head-first to retrieve it or do an acrobatic `lean and steer` that even the most agile of athletes would be proud of ... but no more !

The sucker creates a good vacuum on the screen and holds the phone safely and snugly in it`s arms (I`m slightly jealous of it if the truth be known) and of course, being flexible, it can be angled towards my line of sight so that however many bumps and potholes I bounce over, the phone is the safest thing in the car and it`s actually me who has problems staying in place although if I end up with my legs in the air and my face pressed against the window, at least I`ll know where the phone is.
on 26 September 2015
If I could give zero stars I would. I am highly unimpressed with this item I brought this for work as I drive for a living it would be very convenient to use my maps.. But today while I was driving it literally just snapped and fell apart causing the phone to fall under my feet.. Really unimpressed annoyed actually as this could of caused me not to be able to use the break peddle.. Disgusted with this faulty product.. Would NOT recommend anyone to buy..
review image review image review image review image
on 11 January 2011
2301 Universa Suction Mobile Phone PDA Car Holder Mount

Ordered this 2 days ago and delivered today. (amazing in itself) The holder was extremely cheap, but it seems solid enough for what I need. The mechanisim for clamping the phone is simplicity itself, and does a good safe firm job. I am extremely impressed with this ridiculously cheap smartphone holder.
Mike.

Ps Suction mount did not work initially but I ran it under warm water for a few minutes prior to attaching it and it worked without any problem
on 10 July 2016
I read mixed reviews for this but went ahead and got it anyway. It arrived quickly and I put it straight in the car for my Samsung Galaxy Note 4. It stuck to the window snugly, remember you do have to remove the little clear plastic film first otherwise it would not stick. The arm is long and extremely strong it is not quite as easy to position it where you want it and choose whatever angle you would like. I was slightly disappointed regarding the arm, I thought it would be more flexible, something like gorilla legs (if you are familiar with that). Unfortunately it just feels like a thick metal rod inside. You can move it around but it feels like if you change positions a lot the metal bar would just get weaker and weaker. I’m a bit afraid to see how long this would last. However it does hold my large phone perfectly therefore I could see it holding any phone just as easily. If you charge your phone from the bottom, lower-side or top, you can charge your phone with a car charger while using it.

There is also a clear plastic case with a picture of a lady behind. I believe you would put our own photo there for whenever a phone is not in use. It would act as a photo frame. On this plastic cover there is a rather thick foam pad. That is supposed to protect your phone, I’m guessing? However it is so thick it pushes my phone out. I could not use this holder without removing this clear plastic case.
I’d like to list two great unexpected features:

1. The quick release is cool. You just click the button behind the phone and the clamps slowly and smoothly open wider. It is placed ergonomically so you can release the phone and then remove the phone with one hand in one swift action. It is also just as fast to secure the phone in its place.

2. The second great feature is that the cradle part where the phone sits rotates 360 degrees. I sometimes use my street map on my samsung to navigate when driving like a sat nav and I am able to rotate my phone to have the map face whichever way I need it to that would allow me to navigate more easily.

This is a great product, does exactly what you expect it to and for the price you cannot go wrong.
on 8 October 2012
So i had read a few bad reviews of this but thought for a couple of quid it's worth a try. I've been looking for a phone holder for my car that has great suction and will fit my iphone with a case on with ease - Hey presto it's this case! It came really quick. Great product, looks different but better than the product image shown. The flexible arm is really sturdy. The suction cup - Well its very strong and hasn't fallen off once - but it did take me about 10 minutes to get it to stick, I nearly lost my patience but i kept going and finally it stuck on and hasn't come off! It's not just the suction pad its also a little clip as well so its quiet small and finicky but once done its fantastic. I also love that you can have a photo in it so when your phone isn't in it you can look at a photo of whatever you wish - I chose a pic of my little Chihuahua, I'm sure it makes people smile when they look in my car!

Basically, this is fantastic, does exactly what it says and becomes a photo frame too! Fabulous! I've seen so many expensive holders but this one rivals them all!
review image
on 23 May 2016
Arrived today, took about three weeks, the box it came in was wrecked thankfully it was inside a padded bag, and it's in perfect condition (surprisingly) , turns out its pretty sturdy , well made and easy to put together, it opens out to four inches, take the sponge type padding into account and it'll take a phone width of three and a half inches comfortably, to open jaws just press a little button on the side and it opens automatically, squeeze tight onto phone and your set, the arm supporting it is very strong and actually takes a bit of effort to shape it to your desired position but it won't move with vibration of motor, like others I have had, all in all very happy with purchase and would definitely recommend
on 1 April 2016
Here are my findings: -

GOOD
Amazing value
Easy to set up and install with powerful sucker
Easy to securely attach/unattach your device
Adjustable/flexible mount position
Relatively unobtrusive

BAD
At this price point, nothing.

CONCLUSION
Anything that can make device mounting in ones car as safe as possible is ok by me and this great piece of kit fits the bill perfectly. A must purchase as far as I am concerned.
on 21 November 2015
This was so inexpensive that the cost hardly seemed enough to cover the postage, so I didn't expect much, but others said it worked, so I thought I'd give it a try as there was not much to lose. Well, it worked for me. I am sure it can be used in many ways, but I attached it to my car windscreen, my Samsung S4 Mini sits in the cradle quite happily (the padded arms hold it well enough) and I use it as a satnav (using Waze). It's easy to take the phone in and out of the cradle after adjusting the arms to the correct width. When not in use the cradle that holds the phone can be detached from the flexible arm that's stuck using a suction device to the windscreen. The little lugs in the cradle that attach to the end of the arm are not very robust and I broke one while trying to attach it in the dark; nevertheless it still stays attached with one of the four lugs broken.